• Colorado in 7

Votes: 58 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Think I would've been pretty happy to know we were going to be up 3-2 if you had told me this before the series started.

Otter was not great tonight. I trust his ability to comeback and also play better on the road. Feeling good about him slamming the door on Friday.

Avs were never gonna go down easy. They're not as deep as Dallas is roster-wise or as structured defensively, but they're still a top 8 team in the league that knows how to win tough games.

Reactions: Avsfan1921

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Manson is just the most physical guy on the team and does a lot of the same shit Ryan Suter does behind the play. Playoff hockey kinda stuff. There's always been bad blood between these two teams and he's the current focus for us, I suppose.
Gotcha. I wasn’t sure if maybe something had happened in the past before we acquired him but I get not liking the oppositions most physical guy.

Reactions: LT

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Gotcha. I wasn’t sure if maybe something had happened in the past before we acquired him but I get not liking the oppositions most physical guy.

Yea I never had anything against him as a Duck nor would I care much if he plays for another team after the Avs.

He seems like he's been a fantastic second pairing guy for you guys.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Yea I never had anything against him as a Duck nor would I care much if he plays for another team after the Avs.

He seems like he's been a fantastic second pairing guy for you guys.
He’s a rollercoaster haha. Some really good moments, some real head scratchers. He’s pretty divisive on our board but there’s no denying he is the only guy that lays the body with regularity.

Reactions: MBTendy and LT

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Why did Stars fans leave the game early? Didn’t they rip Vegas for doing that? What was the word that was thrown out a lot… classless?

Reactions: xAvsx89 and katfude

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Both teams are too good for this series to end in 5. A part of me also thinks the Avs are too good to lose 3 at home, though so are the Stars, so Dallas still wins anyway. Avs showed fight tonight with their backs against the wall, and were able to capitalize on Oettinger's leaky 3rd period after his dominance in the 2 games in Denver. Avs main superstars also used the PP to get going.

The Avs can get hot and come back, but if I had to guess the Stars still got this. A longer series favors a deeper team like Dallas more than a top heavy team like Colorado who relies on their top players to carry a heavier load. Stars mindset needs to be still one win away, and if they were told before the series they'd have a 3-2 lead after 5, they would take it 100% of the time.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
You'd think the longer the series go the more it benefits the Avs given Dallas just played a 7 games series and have played every other night since then.
Dude, have you seen Mac after the game..... At the moment i fear our big guns running out of gas allready.....:rolleyes:

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
Refs are so biased they make sure to only give the Avs power plays when they will for sure score on them and Dallas power plays only when they won't score on them. That's how they get away with calling more penalties on the Avs. It's a miracle of science that they figured out how to do it. Granted, Dallas scored two SHGs this series, but they're still working out the kinks.

D Wakaluk

Dec 8, 2010
stuck in the '90s
Funny how Dallas was calling Avs a bunch of divers. Then proceeded to dive. Was fun. Would watch again .
why-not-both-why-not.gif

Every team dives and embellishes. Some are in the masterclass and some are mere students. Of course the Stars are a little jelly.

--

We got a series again. Avs big bois showed up. I'm done predicting this series, it's all over the place but the 2nd round as a whole has some huge choke potential left

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Mikko Rantanen is now the 8th fastest player in NHL history (tied) to reach 100 playoff points:
  1. 46 - Wayne Gretzky
  2. 50 - Mario Lemieux
  3. 67 - Jari Kurri
  4. 74 - Mike Bossy
  5. 75 - Sidney Crosby
  6. 77 - Nathan MacKinnon
  7. 78 - Denis Savard
  8. 80 - Mikko Rantanen
  9. 80 - Glen Anderson
  10. 81 - Mark Messier
  11. 82 - Adam Oates
  12. 83 - Guy Lafleur
  13. 83 - Peter Stastny
  14. 85 - Kevin Stevens
  15. 86 - Joe Sakic
  16. 86 - Evgeni Malkin
  17. 86 - Brett Hull
  18. 88 - Peter Forsberg
  19. 89 - Gilbert Perreault
  20. 89 - Paul Coffey
The only three players to get to 100 points within 80 games, outside of the high-scoring 1980's/early 1990's? Crosby, MacKinnon, and Rantanen. (The Edmonton duo will get there soon).

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Why did Stars fans leave the game early? Didn’t they rip Vegas for doing that? What was the word that was thrown out a lot… classless?
This is one of the lamest complaints I see in the playoffs and I've seen many people try this dunk. If I had the option to beat traffic instead of watching my team play garbage time I'd head to my car too. If your team devotion means you have to sit at every game until the lights turn out and self flagelate for the blessings of Jobu then chances are you need psychiatric help.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
This is one of the lamest complaints I see in the playoffs and I've seen many people try this dunk. If I had the option to beat traffic instead of watching my team play garbage time I'd head to my car too. If your team devotion means you have to sit at every game until the lights turn out and self flagelate for the blessings of Jobu then chances are you need psychiatric help.
..and people have a life outside of hockey. I'm sure a lot of them packed it in to make their long drive home because they need to get up for work early the next day. I've had to leave plenty of games a little early for that reason

Reactions: LT and Amorgus

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Everybody’s searching for that “gotcha” moment against another fanbase to make them look bad. The rub is they look like losers while trying to make the fans look like losers. It’s a sad existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad