Post-Game Talk: WCQF [GM01] Canucks defeat Predators | 4-2 (Lindholm, Suter, & Joshua(2)) | Never in Doubt!

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Hughes - 22:20
Hronek - 19:31
Cole – 19:21
Zadorov - 19:21
Myers - 19:08
Soucy - 17:37

Surprisingly well-balanced in the minutes.

curious what the ES deployment was

didn’t feel like we saw that much cole, although hughes and hronek being low feels right

as i said upthread, it felt like soucy/myers was on the ice every second shift, but that likely was because they played such high event games so you never didn’t notice them. appreciate myers going out of his way to play physical for once, but he was atrocious defensively. running around even more than usual tonight.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Hughes - 22:20
Hronek - 19:31
Cole – 19:21
Zadorov - 19:21
Myers - 19:08
Soucy - 17:37

Surprisingly well-balanced in the minutes.

I'm glad he was willing to rotate our Defence in a 1 goal game. A very pat quinn like thing to do. Get everyone into the series, early on. Get the feel going.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Subtle Pettersson call out?
You have to wonder....

I wonder how he was compared to the rest of the team when they stepped out on to the ice. Like if he was noticeably without a pulse leading up to and during the game I don't see how the team doesn't pick up on that.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
curious what the ES deployment was

didn’t feel like we saw that much cole, although hughes and hronek being low feels right

as i said upthread, it felt like soucy/myers was on the ice every second shift, but that likely was because they played such high event games so you never didn’t notice them. appreciate myers going out of his way to play physical for once, but he was atrocious defensively. running around even more than usual tonight.

ES deployment was:

Hughes - 17:58
Zadorov - 16:53
Myers - 16:38
Soucy - 16:22
Hronek - 16:17
Cole - 14:12

Cole with a huge 5:08 of PK time.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
On D.. Hughes, Hronek, Big Z, Cole were excellent.

On O.. Joshua, Garland, Suter, Boeser, Miller, Lindholm were excellent.

Lafferty didn’t have a good game. Hoglander was pretty quiet. Wouldn’t mind seeing Podkolzin slide in for Di Giuseppe soon, big game Podz is known for stepping up when the stakes are high. Overall solid team effort, awesome comeback win!

Last edited:

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen Boeser have so much control over the flow of a game in all three zones as he did tonight. Certainly not in an important game like this one. He didn't score a goal, didn't really have much in the way of personal scoring opportunities, but his positioning and reads were spot-on and his plays with the puck were safe but effective. He was hampering Nashville all night long. Nothing fancy, just effective hockey shift after shift after shift...

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby

8-AaleKneGEvuBYzn.png

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I just got home from the game. Garland walked outside the stadium after to go home and all the fans congratulated him with a great game.

I will never forget this game. What an atmosphere wow

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
In person random analysis that nobody asked for:

- Pettersson is absolutely fluttering right now. Just useless on offense. I think he needs a sports psychiatrist
- Zadorov is built for playoff hockey. Instant re-sign if we want to build a culture of toughness
- Myers was actually good tonight
- Hoglander was quiet. It could be nerves and Petey being hard to play with. Probably both.
- Joshua and Garland are just our two best forwards
- Boeser was skating. He’s definitely trying. A lot of his smart plays go unnoticed
- Sign Joshua right now cowards
- Lindholm is playing like who we thought we traded for

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Yeah that Oilers OOT thread is embarrassing, especially that one guy foaming at the mouth over his contempt for Nashville as a franchise, which is likely a new thing invented tonight as a result of not winning a hockey game over another team he hates.

If they really wanted this matchup with the Preds then maybe their team, again with the help of future all time great Connor McDavid, could have tried not underachieving for a change. Now they're rewarded with a matchup against a team that will be hellbent on not losing to them for the 3rd year in a row. We would know: the Canucks got it done the third time against Chicago in 2011. Shouldn't be a problem for them though - besides McDavid and Draisaitl they're well taken care of in net with *checks notes* errr Stuart Skinner.

Last edited:

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Excellent game at 5v5. Controlled the pace, the balance of chances, and crucially kept the game low-event.

Nashville wants a high-octane, rush-based series. The Canucks didn't give them that. They made it a slog in the NZ and controlled the OZ possession. They made it about forechecking to create chances. If they can keep doing that, they will be successful this series. Fantastic team game.

Again, I see people slagging Petey. And yeah, you want him to create goals and offense, of course. No doubt about it, he needs to do more there. But I thought his defensive game was superb. Always running the right routes, in the correct position in the DZ, being an outlet for his defensemen, getting pucks out of the zone, and good effort on the forecheck. If he squeaks that one shot under Saros' arm, (AKA gets a goal/point on the board), people would be talking about his performance very differently.

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
Excellent game at 5v5. Controlled the pace, the balance of chances, and crucially kept the game low-event.

Nashville wants a high-octane, rush-based series. The Canucks didn't give them that. They made it a slog in the NZ and controlled the OZ possession. They made it about forechecking to create chances. If they can keep doing that, they will be successful this series.

Again, I see people slagging Petey. And yeah, you want him to create goals and offense, of course. No doubt about it, he needs to do more there. But I thought his defensive game was superb. Always running the right routes, in the correct position in the DZ, being an outlet for his defensemen, getting pucks out of the zone, and good effort on the forecheck.
With him, and regarding people's reactions, it's not even necessarily about the results (though those are also a must in the playoffs for a guy about to make $11.6M) but about the process. The process is pretty uninspiring right now and people are calling it out. He needs to find a pulse but I maintain he also needs to get stronger so it's a little easier for him to impose himself and his skill. If it was a little easier to do that it would be easier to get his confidence back because all it would take is a few nice plays with the puck, a few individual effort goals etc. But the guy can barely stay on his skates so it feels like he doesn't even have a prayer of finding his groove again, especially this time of year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad