GDT: WCQF | G1 | "of Kings; Dragons & Demons" | Oilers vs. Kings | 4.22.24 | Rogers Place | 8:00PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Some of the Kane hate in this thread is unhinged. I don't deny that it's an odd circumstance, but it's an equally bad look on Oilers fans to be kicking one of our own while he's down. Let's actually see what happens in the playoffs first.
Nah. The man had no reason to say what he did yesterday other than cover is own ass going forward. And I've been giving him benefit of the doubt all season long. You don't disclose an injury to the press. What he did was selfish and on purpose. It was a deliberate attempt to proactively generate excuses for his shit play and lack of ice time.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Kaner better show tf up tonight. Guy already pre-loading excuses yesterday. Ive been giving him the benefit of the doubt all year but this really feels like the first time he's truly showing how selfish he actually is.

All will be forgiven with an incredible performance but I'm really worried about this as it looks like he won't be playing top 9 minutes
Loading excuses? A sports hernia is hardly an excuse and he has apparently had it most of the year

Exile of Atlantis

Mar 30, 2022
I need to move to Edmonton. If I had my years of service in for my pension, Id be outta this area. Im 1.5hrs NE of Halifax and Halifax is worse now then Edmonton probably for prices of houses

March 2024:
  • Halifax average: $564,562
  • Edmonton average: $420,959
I really noticed the prices, particularly on the peninsula when I was visiting my folks in March, Lower salaries, higher taxes... with higher home prices? Brutal for the average Nova Scotian.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
March 2024:
  • Halifax average: $564,562
  • Edmonton average: $420,959
I really noticed the prices, particularly on the peninsula when I was visiting my folks in March, Lower salaries, higher taxes... with higher home prices? Brutal for the average Nova Scotian.
Wow. That’s surprising to me.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I'm failing to understand the Kane hate in this thread. He comes from a hockey culture that preaches playing through it and that mindset likely has been a major factor in any of the success he has had in his career. This is literally who he is and he owes his career to it.

If there's anywhere we should be frustrated right now, it is management for not having a real serious sit down with him and explaining what we really needed from him to win a Stanley Cup. We really didn't need a 50-75% version of him post-all-break nearly as much as we need a 90-100% version of him for playoffs.

Add in the potential reinforcements it could have provided us, but for a player like Kane, it would have been feeding his ego into why they need the best version of him for playoffs that could have worked in having him deal with this the right way. Now we have a less healthy version of him for playoffs and a player who's a little frustrated with his performance and movement down the lineup and signs of friction in the room with him.

There had to have been a better approach.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Loading excuses? A sports hernia is hardly an excuse and he has apparently had it most of the year
The only reason for him to come out and reveal that information is to save face because he's going to under-perform or pissed at his deployment. Listen to his full interview, he came across as really complaining about no pp time, limited ice time. Was the weirdest playoff prep interview I have seen in a really long time.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Beat these guys, its nothing new.

Wouldn't it it be sweet to move on and beat the Canucks up like we did Calgary?
Agreed.
Good looking avatar. Might be playoff worthy for the rest of the board. :nod:

Reactions: Mez

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
All I hope is that if Kane isn't performing on the 4th line due to injury that we aren't afraid to take him out. We had a 4th line that was doing exactly what we need our 4th line to do, and this upsets the apple cart. I always cringe when a bottom 6 line that has some momentum and chemistry get screwed with.

I see these as the keys to the series:

1 - stay calm. We're the better team, if we're patient we'll win. We don't need to win the series on the first shift

2 - no stupid passes in the neutral zone, period. We have done a good job against the Kings this year, just stay with that. If dumb passes at both blue lines are eradicated, we will win the series on this basis alone. This needs to be drilled into Holloway's head, because his neutral zone decision making isn't there yet.

3 - no stupid penalties, especially on the road where our PK is ass. We are the better team, they are going to come out running around looking to prove themselves. Let them. They are looking for a reaction, just ignore the nonsense and let them take the first dumb penalty.

Exile of Atlantis

Mar 30, 2022
Wow. That’s surprising to me.
Everything I saw in "old" Halifax (between Bayers and Point Pleasant) while I was visiting was between 800K and 1.5M.

I occasionally toy with the idea of retiring to the neighborhoods I used to haunt as a kid, but those prices do not provide any incentive to do so.

Reactions: brentashton

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
What’s this all about?

IMG_6437.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Giggleplex

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Watching the other series... I can't help but think in my head 'Would Skinner have made that save?' Let's just say I'm still a bit nervous about him going into these playoffs. Hopefully he can rebound from last year's playoffs and can give us some solid goaltending.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
This game will be a lot less stressful if Boston can take care of business and put the Leafs in an 0-2 hole.

Oilers games always are more exciting when the smell of Leafs fans disappointment fills the air.

Last edited:

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Nah. The man had no reason to say what he did yesterday other than cover is own ass going forward. And I've been giving him benefit of the doubt all season long. You don't disclose an injury to the press. What he did was selfish and on purpose. It was a deliberate attempt to proactively generate excuses for his shit play and lack of ice time.
Lol a sports hernia is how an “excuse.” Pretty legit excuse.

Reactions: ManofSteel55

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Team is deep this year and can play way better team defence when they commit to it. Forecheck and back check hard and the skill throughout this lineup will take over this series.

They've come out slow in years past, but I think this year they finally come out flying.

Agree... last year we were 5th in shots for and 14th in shots against. This year we are 1st in shots for and 4th in shots against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad