Injury Report: Vol. 2 Is Up; Mods, please close this one. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Duper has been sidelined twice.

The first time was 10.05 - 10.22 with 'lower body not related to previous injuries' (6 games).

The second time was 11.06 - 11.22 and was 'precautionary' (2 games). That time he had bruises he couldn't explain, so he was checked out while the team was on the road, but held out until they got back to Pittsburgh and could be re-evaluated.

This spreadsheet was a good idea, eh? Thanks again, MeticulouslyDishevel :)

Thank you for keeping it up! It's interesting to see the same problems popping up during a season.

Sidney BrOSSby*

Locked in the Washer
Nov 28, 2007
Kampuchia
Probably would have been smart to leave Duper in Pittsburgh on these long West Coast swings.

Unfortunately, I'm beging to feel that way, as well. He's taking the necessary precautions, but can we depend on him in the play-offs? What about the finals when an inter-conference schedule is standard practice?

It's just a cluster-****. The roster really needs to not have a road trip bench warmer.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
:shakehead

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/penguins/2015/12/02/Penguins-Dupuis-cleared-for-practice-Thursday-pittsburgh/stories/201512020201

“He’ll practice tomorrow. He’s doing fine,†said Rutherford.

The team continues to be extra vigilant with Dupuis because of his history of blood clots.

“Well, based on his history, the doctor always checks for everything,†said Rutherford. “We’re very cautious when it comes to [Dupuis’] health. I know that talking to him this morning, the doctor, he’s cleared to practice tomorrow.â

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Dupuis still playing continues to be shocking and disturbing. What happens in the playoffs when travel picks up and the warrior **** is even more worshipped?

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Playing a forward down in random games at random times is worse than any on ice value Dupuis provides when he is healthy to play. Meanwhile, healthy Daniel Sprong gets to watch Dupuis play whack a mole from the press box rather than work on his skills in a game.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Dupuis has played a good bit of hockey this year when he hasn't been forced out of the lineup due to completely-unrelated-to-that-scary-****-we-swear-you-guys reasons. It seems like this would be a good time to sit him for a game or two and work in a younger guy. You know... like they said they would do before the season started?

But naw... KCD gotta do it's thing.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Did we ever find out what happened with Dupuis the last couple of times he was kept out of the lineup? Or did we just get the old "undisclosed injury, but we pinky-promise it's not related to the blood clots since that would implicate us as negligent, and Dupuis as a selfish dick" explanation?

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Did we ever find out what happened with Dupuis the last couple of times he was kept out of the lineup? Or did we just get the old "undisclosed injury, but we pinky-promise it's not related to the blood clots since that would implicate us as negligent, and Dupuis as a selfish dick" explanation?

Not to my knowledge, no. Aside from "unexplainable bruises."

That we super-swear has nothing to do with those "previous issues!" He probably just needs some zinc, guys! Or maybe he just caught Kunitz's case of iron deficiency.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I think he had a big bruise that he didn't remember getting or something. It's possible I completely made that up but I thought I recalled something like that.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Not to my knowledge, no. Aside from "unexplainable bruises."

That we super-swear has nothing to do with those "previous issues!" He probably just needs some zinc, guys! Or maybe he just caught Kunitz's case of iron deficiency.

Come back, zinc! Come baaaaack!

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

This is absolutely nuts. I could understand taking these precautions and giving some leeway if it were Crosby or Malkin or someone of that caliber, where the reward of having their ability in the lineup when healthy offsets the risk when they have to be held out, but Pascal ****ing Dupuis?

This situation really gets on my nerves. Stop treating him, and players like him, like they're key, integral pieces of this roster, where losing them is somehow going to cause this team to crash and burn.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
**** Dupuis. I wish him a long and healthy life, outside of hockey.

But, seriously, **** Pascal Dupuis. Retire, please. I hate this whole situation with him.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Yeah, honestly, it's incredibly irresponsible on so many levels for Dupuis to continue to play. It's irresponsible to himself, his family and the team. How many years does he have left to play anyway? What if something happens? The dude literally chases a little rubber thing on ice and makes millions of dollars doing it every year. He should be thankful he's had his run and move on. Things like this show me how out of touch athletes can be with life sometimes. I think he's really playing into the whole "tough it out, it will be poetic" ******** or something.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
The guy is under constant medical surveillance. He goes through a 12 hour long process before every game. He's been pulled from the lineup last second, and held out of several games "just in case."

For what? So he can continue to play at a poor level, as a 37 year old who has had roughly 20 years in the league already?

****ing retire you selfish idiot. If not for yourself, then for your family. He's not a warrior, he's not inspiring or teaching his kids a lesson about perseverance. He's not some integral part of this team that he should feel the need to keep playing so he doesn't let people down.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
If he's gonna be in and out of the lineup so much, you gotta just keep him on the 4th line. Certainly away from Sid so he can at least begin to develop some sort of flow with his line. We all know he's a creature of habit.

I get that Plotnikov is still raw and certainly benefited from getting time on the 4th line to adjust to the NA game, but our LW situation is pretty ****ing dire. He should get a chance to build on what he's been doing recently. Get more and more shifts in the top 6. And if he's outperforming 14 and 9, it's time that this organization faces reality.

ilovealistair

Apr 14, 2014
**** like this is why I wonder if the locker room isn't toxic as hell. Besides being selfish, does Duper really believe he's this important? Yeah I get he's Crosby's on-bench therapist but he's also a 4th line scratch. Why not accept retirement and a place as a trainer. Then he can stay with the org and keep making decent money.

Similar with Kunitz and Scuderi. Are they so unaware of how bad they are? Waiving Scuderi is one thing, as is trading Kunitz for picks. Pouliot/Clendening could take Scudi's place and Kunitz can be replaced as well but they aren't. Why is this so ****ing hard for management/ownership to see? if they are such big pieces in the room then they need to get out and find younger vocal pieces that are useful, not keep these wastes of money on the ice.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
**** like this is why I wonder if the locker room isn't toxic as hell. Besides being selfish, does Duper really believe he's this important? Yeah I get he's Crosby's on-bench therapist but he's also a 4th line scratch. Why not accept retirement and a place as a trainer. Then he can stay with the org and keep making decent money.

Similar with Kunitz and Scuderi. Are they so unaware of how bad they are? Waiving Scuderi is one thing, as is trading Kunitz for picks. Pouliot/Clendening could take Scudi's place and Kunitz can be replaced as well but they aren't. Why is this so ****ing hard for management/ownership to see? if they are such big pieces in the room then they need to get out and find younger vocal pieces that are useful, not keep these wastes of money on the ice.

The most likely answer is that all three of them have huge egos.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

Didn't you see how poorly our defense fared without Scuderi anchoring our blueline? We barely shut the other team out!

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Clendening pretty much said they want to win with their older guys, that's the reality of this team. Kunitz, Scuderi and Dupuis are that important to the org, and it's a ridiculously good situation for them so of case they love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad