Player Discussion: Victor Hedman - Part 2: Norris God and Norse God

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I miss the Norris god. Lots of mileage no doubt. Hope he has enough in the tank for a few more Norris god games in the final

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Obviously wasn't going to win this year but funny now NYR fans talking about Fox all year and he didn't place 4th.

Reactions: Hoek

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
FbbXkC_XEAAfLHu (1).jpg

😍

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

2. Victor Hedman, Tampa Bay Lightning

Hedman was third among NHL defensemen in points (85) and goals (20) and was second in assists (65) in 82 games last season. He was first at the position in power-play points (38), tied for first in game-winning goals (six), fifth in shots on goal (219) and had a plus-26 rating. The 31-year-old was 11th in the NHL in average ice time per game (25:05) and was a finalist for the Norris Trophy for the sixth straight season. He won the award in 2018 and won the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP in 2020, when he helped the Lightning win the Cup for the first of two consecutive seasons.

"Always near the top of the list for the past handful of years, Victor Hedman," Daneyko said. "… For me, he is just that all-around defenseman, and for his size (6-foot-6, 241 pounds) we haven't seen, that nobody can duplicate."

HedmanNotReallyGood

Nov 13, 2022
He is only 31. Just last season - 20 goals for first time in his career. To me, the problems are:
1. He has been to three cups, won 2, Norris Trophy, most points he has ever had in regular season.......all this has made him feel and play with entitlement. His blue-collar parts to his game are gone.
2. He has some nagging issue injury wise.
3. He is less physical than ever and skates around like he is above that kind of play.
4. He should be more pissed off that Sergachev has surpassed him, but he doesn't seem to be.

Cmon Hedman. This team will go nowhere without your normal self.

Reactions: ultra63 and Zwui21

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Not a great year so far for the big Swede

Not a great 1.5 years, he was pure offense last year and has been a defensive mess since he got injured in that shortened season. Wrote it off last RS cause he's earned a leash and because maybe he wasn't as motivated coming off 2 cups but that carried on into the playoffs, Guy just making a ton of bad reads and losing coverage.

Reactions: HedmanNotReallyGood

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Not a great 1.5 years, he was pure offense last year and has been a defensive mess since he got injured in that shortened season. Wrote it off last RS cause he's earned a leash and because maybe he wasn't as motivated coming off 2 cups but that carried on into the playoffs, Guy just making a ton of bad reads and losing coverage.
Yeah I wrote off hedman too because of “regular season am i right” but it expanded into the playoffs where he was just mediocre.

The guy won us the cup in 2020, and I really hope he’s just bit with complacency and can get back to that level this playoffs.

Reactions: HedmanNotReallyGood

HedmanNotReallyGood

Nov 13, 2022
He seems to be confused with what to do with the puck. Something strange is going on.
This is exactly what I am seeing too. "Strange" is the perfect word for what he has been doing with him controlling the puck. How do you all of the sudden lose your hockey sensibilities? I don't remember him ever having any serious head injury/concussion stuff....and yet he seems like he's lost a step in a "strange" area.....decision making. I do not believe for one second that it is age-related decline. It's something else and its all very weird to me. Whatever wires have gotten crossed, it needs to be fixed soon. He is too important to just accept that this is going to be the way it is this season.

Reactions: StammerHammer

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
This is exactly what I am seeing too. "Strange" is the perfect word for what he has been doing with him controlling the puck. How do you all of the sudden lose your hockey sensibilities? I don't remember him ever having any serious head injury/concussion stuff....and yet he seems like he's lost a step in a "strange" area.....decision making. I do not believe for one second that it is age-related decline. It's something else and its all very weird to me. Whatever wires have gotten crossed, it needs to be fixed soon. He is too important to just accept that this is going to be the way it is this season.
You should write a letter and tell him his wires are crossed. Make sure you close the letter with;

Sincerely,
HedmanNotReallyGood

Instead of your primary account. See what they tell you is wrong and inform us.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Probably the guy who would benefit the most from a long offseason to reset. He's taken on a significant load the last 3 seasons and is one of the only guys to not miss significant time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad