Proposal: VAN/PHI

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
So Bedard wasn't unknown, Celebrini isn't unknown and Michkov is unknown? Btw Michkov was better than Celebrini at WJC when he just turned 17...
Michkov is not even a guarantee to come to North America. He is a risk, a Russian risk and might not even come.

So Bedard wasn't unknown, Celebrini isn't unknown and Michkov is unknown? Btw Michkov was better than Celebrini at WJC when he just turned 17...

Of course, and the Flyers fans are ready to give a lot. Just not Michkov.
Please what is a lot? Canucks arent giving up Petersson unless you throw in your best prospect unless Philly has another player the same caliber as Petersson. Canucks arent going for quantity. Still this trade proposal will never happen unless Petersson flops in the next 2 to 3 years.

• Haha
Reactions: FlyguyOX

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Michkov is not even a guarantee to come to North America. He is a risk, a Russian risk and might not even come.

Please what is a lot? Canucks arent giving up Petersson unless you throw in your best prospect unless Philly has another player the same caliber as Petersson. Canucks arent going for quantity. Still this trade proposal will never happen unless Petersson flops in the next 2 to 3 years.

The chance Michkov comes to the league is close to 100%. The question is when he comes.

They are ready to trade their best player, their 2nd best prospect, their 1st round pick (12OA), it's a lot enough, I'd say. But I agree with you, Vancouver won't trade Pettersson.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
The chance Michkov comes to the league is close to 100%. The question is when he comes.

They are ready to trade their best player, their 2nd best prospect, their 1st round pick (12OA), it's a lot enough, I'd say. But I agree with you, Vancouver won't trade Pettersson.
Still Canucks would be looking for a number 1 center if they traded Petersson because that would leave a big hole in the lineup. If Petersson was playing like Petersson with some wingers, Canucks would have easily swept the Oilers. We see a tied series because Petersson is not playing like Petersson.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Good Lord....I wouldn't trade Michkov alone for Pettersson......oh....and then add TK and a 1st round pick....wow....talk about delusional.
from an outside perspective pettersson for mickov is more risky for vancouver. 8x11.6m is major cap hit. but pettersson will be a top10 for most and maybe even the full term.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Will the Sharks fans trade Celebrini for Pettersson? I doubt it, and I'd say Celebrini is even riskier venture than Michkov...
think the trade from the vancouver perspective. they are still playing. they are in the hunt.

san jose and philly is also not the same situation. while the flyers fans might embrace a rebuild in tank mode. the management and coach want to be competitive during a retool. pettersson would fit that strategy perfectly. getting a young 1c signed long term would be fantastic for them.

op is obviously not a one for one trade. but the canucks shouldn't do a one for one with these two players.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
So apparently Philly fans don't want an elite #1 center?
Philly fans prefer a 19 year old elite player (with a very low cap hit) to a 25 year old elite player (with a high cap hit).

In 5 years, the 19 year old will be 24 and going strong. The 25 year old will be 30 and starting to gradually decline.

Sure, center is more important than winger, but having your superstar as young as possible is important long-term too.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

Buddy it’s looking more and more likely Michkov comes THIS summer

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Why on earth would we trade Pettersson? I don't know what's wrong with him, if it's an injury, a confidence issue, the fact that they've been giving him two plugs to play with, or a combination of things, but trading him away would be one of the stupidest things we could do. He will be back, it may be too late for these playoffs, but he WILL be back and we will need him if we want to be a sustained playoff team.

It's not like it has anything to do with him "not being a playoff performer". He wasn't performing in the last 6 weeks or so of the season, his play completely changed for some reason. And, last time we were in the playoffs, he posted 18 points in 17 games.

You don't give up on proven players like Pettersson due to a bad stretch of games. Look at a guy like Boeser, most Canuck fans wanted him gone after last season, and this season he rebounded with 40 goals scored in the regular season and an excellent playoff performance so far.

It sucks what is happening with Pettersson right now, but let's not over react.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Sure buddy, suddenly Petersson is underrated while an unkonown prospect is valued like McDavid.
Philly is years away from contention and adding Petterson doesnt change that. Michkov is the first real piece of their rebuild. Goal is to be good in 5 years when hes 24 not when Pettersons 30. Adding EP to this team right now with no other elite players on the horizon would just be like the last decade with Giroux.

You could speed things up if you added a player like EP to Michkov, but like thats unrealistic.

Its not about undervaluing EP its about being realistic at where the Flyers are.

Reactions: lanceuppercut75

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad