USMNT - 2026 World Cup Cycle

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Buck has 0 percent change of playing for England. He completely overplayed his hand, he is going to have to come back to the US at some point.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Well a pretty underwhelming performance today. 3-0 scoreline right at the end flatters them. Outside of the first 10-15 minutes just more of the same since the last cycle.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
That’s the worst of Berhalter ball. The team gets very slow and predictable against teams that bunker. They just stopped attacking up the middle once Tessman came on.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I love Lund and would like to be his friend. Y’all see him going out of his way to be right near everyone and giving them high fives and shit after that Balogun goal?

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Was the Swiss u21 side busy? Why are these two crap friendlies scheduled. So stupid

One if the draw backs to being in a shit region? When the other regions have “tournaments” or qualifying your left to play the leftovers? Let alone teams that want to drag their players to another continent.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I felt much better about this game than the Uzbekistan one. I feel so much better with this team playing a 4231 than that 433. I know Berhalter loves the MMA midfield, but honestly the offense flows so much better with a 10 than dual 8s and it'd be even better with Reyna playing the 10.

Nice goals from Pepi and Balogun, nice having competition at that position.

Impressed with Lund, not better than Robinson, but could definitely be a solid backup so we don't need to play Dest/Scally out of position. But also need to see him against better competition.

Paredes and Cremaschi looked good in the little time they got. Want to see more of them.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I felt much better about this game than the Uzbekistan one. I feel so much better with this team playing a 4231 than that 433. I know Berhalter loves the MMA midfield, but honestly the offense flows so much better with a 10 than dual 8s and it'd be even better with Reyna playing the 10.

Nice goals from Pepi and Balogun, nice having competition at that position.

Impressed with Lund, not better than Robinson, but could definitely be a solid backup so we don't need to play Dest/Scally out of position. But also need to see him against better competition.

Paredes and Cremaschi looked good in the little time they got. Want to see more of them.
Too bad the Glass Man is never too far from the injured list. Liked that we were kind of shooting for LDLT to try it out the other day before he had to go off.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
One if the draw backs to being in a shit region? When the other regions have “tournaments” or qualifying your left to play the leftovers? Let alone teams that want to drag their players to another continent.
I get that. It makes sense. But there's no one else?

As cheap as the US Fed is, you think they would have seen some of the dollars and gone to Europe or something.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I get that. It makes sense. But there's no one else?

As cheap as the US Fed is, you think they would have seen some of the dollars and gone to Europe or something.
They wanted to have home friendlies. I don't recall who they were supposed to play, but it got screwy when qualifiers were moved up

Sep 19, 2008

f*** this pay to play garbage that keeps our youth out of the soccer system. If your kid wants to play sports fine but why pay admission? This isn't private school this is just a f***ing soccer camp bro.

"LET CAPITALISM COOK"

no, your kid should be able to play in reffed spring or summer U-10 or whatever leagues for a reasonable price.

Reactions: luiginb

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA

Pretty much our best 11 going up against Germany, minus Jedi being out for Scally. Really excited to see Reyna play with Balogun

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Good first half. Not much defense structure on either side though.

US goal a great individual move and shot by Pulisic. Germany goal was a defensive breakdown. Both teams could have had 3 goals.

Reactions: luiginb

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Germany is in terrible form lol. How are they beating the US.
They ditched their buffoon of a coach and beat France their last time out, they are still decidedly superior in terms of talent.

Defense came out of half and has had a bit of a howler and our transition game in this half is leading to too many turnovers and opening up chances for them.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Because USA sucks too
I don't know what people are expecting sometimes. We don't have a single player that would start for Germany. Nearly their entire BENCH is starting players from Champions League-level squads. A Musiala or Wirtz would likely be the most talented player the US has ever had. More times than not we seem to be able to hang against that caliber of club, but it shouldn't be a big surprise if we lose.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad