Proposal: Trades & Tirades Thread no. 69

Which of these impending Hab UFAs will not get traded by the TDL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
yD37yUO.jpg

Poll now open. Selections cannot be changed once made. You can make up to 5 choices.

Only open for the next 7 days.

All Habs UFAs listed here: Montreal Canadiens Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Begin fake trading, in-fighting, sniping, friendly fire and posturing now! :sarcasm:

Last edited:

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012

nice

Stephane Leroux actually lost his mind today. That front page article on rds wants me to f***ing puke pig guts.

1st 2022 for Lafrenière please someone tell me he's on some kind of heavy drugs

Hey get off the cheap drugs...I would trade our first pick for Alexis Lafrenière...in a heart-beat!!!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

nice

Stephane Leroux actually lost his mind today. That front page article on rds wants me to f***ing puke pig guts.

1st 2022 for Lafrenière please someone tell me he's on some kind of heavy drugs

Is that all? I feared that Stéphane was going to announce yet another gig for his son Jasmin.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As per Dave Pagnotta, the market for top 4 Ds is stagnant, awaiting whether the Ducks will be able to sign Lampus Lindholm to an extension. They are supposed to know by this weekend. If they can’t come to an agreement, Lindholm will be on the market.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This has got to be the best fake announcement of all, complete with slick graphics. It was so well done that a Tampa station fell for it:

The Kent Hughes fake Twitter account making it on LCN. Francois Legault replying to a fake MSL account and then deleting it.

It's crazy how these fake accounts make it to official channels and broadcasts.

But damn would that deal be a steal for the Habs.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I hope Chiarot gets dealt after tonight...

Having him play at this point is flirting with disaster.

Wonder what the hold up is, hopefully it's not the market softening as more teams are shifting to seller mode

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC

Wonder what the hold up is, hopefully it's not the market softening as more teams are shifting to seller mode
Gotta maximize the return maybe it’s not a sellers market yet

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Gotta maximize the return maybe it’s not a sellers market yet

With 2 weeks to go & the east top 8 looking all but set, it's trending towards a buyers market deadline with more available assets than there are buyers.

Nice thing is that Chiarot's cap hit & Ufa status set him apart from most of the other top 4 dmen available for cap stretched contenders...

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I love how all the rumours involve the high profile teams! I mean you'd have to think that Carolina and Florida will be all in this year... but yet there aren't many rumours about them... meanwhile the Laffs have no cap room and a million holes to fill yet they are in on everything!

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
With 2 weeks to go & the east top 8 looking all but set, it's trending towards a buyers market deadline with more available assets than there are buyers.

Nice thing is that Chiarot's cap hit & Ufa status set him apart from most of the other top 4 dmen available for cap stretched contenders...

There will be plenty of players available but also plenty of demand. Cap space may be the biggest variable... teams with space might do well...

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

There's really not that many quality D available though. Most teams are selling forwards.

Lindholm, Chiarot & Leddy are the only 3 legit ones. Those are 3 very different defensemen too.

Manson isn't that good, is more of a #5, makes more than Chiarot, is currently injured & has had injury issues last 2 seasons. He also has a 12 team NTC.

Chychrun has zero playoff experience and Arizona is asking for a lot. Probably an off-season move.

Giordano's contract is expensive even at 50% and he is a bottom pairing D at this stage.

DeHaan has slowed down a lot and is a bottom pairing D at this point.

Lots of bottom pairing Ds available.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I love how all the rumours involve the high profile teams! I mean you'd have to think that Carolina and Florida will be all in this year... but yet there aren't many rumours about them... meanwhile the Laffs have no cap room and a million holes to fill yet they are in on everything!

It's been said that Florida is one of the teams interested in Chiarot. They'd pair him with Ekblad allowing Weegar to hold down the 2nd pairing with Forsling.

Chiarot - Ekblad
Forsling - Weegar
Gudas - Montour

It would definitely help their D.

Problem is they don't have a 2022 1st & I'm not sure they want to give up a 2023 1st for Chiarot. 2023 1st round is expected to be an epic draft like 2003 was. Teams will be more hesitant to give up picks for that year. No team has given up a 2023 1st yet.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It's been said that Florida is one of the teams interested in Chiarot. They'd pair him with Ekblad allowing Weegar to hold down the 2nd pairing with Forsling.

Chiarot - Ekblad
Forsling - Weegar
Gudas - Montour

It would definitely help their D.

Problem is they don't have a 2022 1st & I'm not sure they want to give up a 2023 1st for Chiarot. 2023 1st round is expected to be an epic draft like 2003 was. Teams will be more hesitant to give up picks for that year. No team has given up a 2023 1st yet.
I can see St.Louis being interested big time to reenact the Chiarot-Weber pairing only by having a more talented version by playing him with Parayko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad