Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 73 (Final Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yup I use to quite enjoy the pics of her handwritten Habs lineups and listening to her on 690 before she left for her gig with the Devils.

Also remember her opening up and talking to Melnick on Bell Lets Talk day a few years ago about her struggles with mental health during her life. Looks like she's doing well which is good to see.
Yeah, Bell — the asshats who proceeded with massively brutal job cuts that contribute to mental health issues, but that’s for another thread.

Hoping the porkers enjoyed that free Covid govt program money. 🤮

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What brings Lehkonen's value up is that he will be an RFA. But also he has a track record for good playoff performer.

Lehkonen scored the game winning goal that eliminated the Penguins in the Play-In in 2020. And we all know about the goal against Vegas last year. And more than those key goals, he has the rep to step up when it matters most. A playoff team will value that.

I think Washington offered us Vrana when Vrana was struggling. They've had interest in him for a while.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Well, this pretty much establishes that the return for Toffoli had been somewhat underwhelming. If it wasn't clear enough already.
No, it really doesn't. Hagel is 23 years old, signed for 2 more years at 1.5M, and currently pacing for 30 goals with a bad team, and is going to be put in a position to excel with the Lightning. We are 17 years into a hard cap system in the NHL, it should be clear by now that Hagel's contract, age, and overall value is a very different situation than Toffoli at 30 for 2 more years at 4.25M.

Toffoli is a modestly better player than Hagel, but costs nearly 3x as much. Toffoli's contract is not expensive by any means, but it prices out the majority of contenders as not many contenders are willing to pay assets to lock in 4.25M for the next two years for a guy who will be in their middle six, while virtually every contender in the league has a need for a player like Hagel at his AAV to provide middle six scoring and flexibility.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Tampa managed to find a cheap replacement for Palat and save money and still get really good season.
Florida got Chariot , and heavily in the race for Giroux because he wants to go there.
Toronto did nothing yet , they will play 1 of Tampa or FLorida round 1.
Pittsburgh ... no move yet
Washington windows is now or never no move yet
Boston no move yet
NY Rangers , got Vatrano which doesnt do much , still need to make trades.
Carolina , no move yet

There is alot of potential for a good Lekhonen return
After their win last night I listened to a bit of Leafs Lunch on TSN1050 today and the missus co-hosting the show said she wouldn't mind the Leafs playing the Canes in round 1 likely thinking it might be an easier matchup than either Florida or Tampa for the Leafs and it very will could be.

Just like last season when the majority of Leaf fans were licking their chops and really hoping their precious Leafs would play the awful and lowly Habs in round 1. Careful what you wish for I'd say.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
WAs mostly talking about their 1st rounders. They have NO DOUBT that their scouting group would be able to find gems later on. But can clearly do without most of their 1st rounders...except the top ones.
TBay had done bullsquat since 2015 draft (Cirelli), Al Murray half life as elite amateur scout ended 6-drafts ago - regression to the norm.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Yeah, Bell — the asshats who proceeded with massively brutal job cuts that contribute to mental health issues, but that’s for another thread.

Hoping the porkers enjoyed that free Covid govt program money. 🤮
I was kinda expecting this reply about Bell from you. :nod:

Apologies for the irritation. :)

Reactions: Runner77

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I hope a mod soon starts a new thread with this one being way over the 1000 post limit, if that's still even a thing with this new format.

Expecting any time now that I'll take the time to type up a message and after I hit reply I'll get the thread is closed message. I hate when that happens b'y.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad