Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Part 62

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I know he didn't want to report to Hartford and preferred to go back to KHL.

I'm only asking what is it about him that makes people want him in trade proposals.

I've never seen him play. So I'm genuinely curious.

I don't know much about Kravstov....
But what I do know is: He's the kind of player the Habs should target in trades right now.

Right now everyone wants 1st round pick cause as usual, everyone thinks they are worth gold without even knowing who the player will be......Will the 25th overall pick we would get for Chiarot (example) will be better than the 2018 9th overall pick from the Rangers?

Possible, but I highly doubt it.

Now I'm not saying Chiarot is worth Kravstov either.....but that's what I would like the Habs doing. Danault's trade came to mind here. Even if that means attaching some of our picks or other rentals to get a precise prospect.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I know he didn't want to report to Hartford and preferred to go back to KHL.

I'm only asking what is it about him that makes people want him in trade proposals.

I've never seen him play. So I'm genuinely curious.

His profile & performance this year make him a pretty perfect target/fit for us...

Top 6 potential, versatile, playmaker vision, wants NHL shot (easier for a rebuild team to give him the leash he needs/wants).

& obviously Gorton oversaw his drafting so presumably is bullish on his ceiling/NHL potential

Reactions: Adam Michaels

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
Could lehky net us a 2nd round pick? I love the player but he seems destined to pad a cup run roster.
I think with 50% retention, Lehkonen is worth more than just a 2nd.
Not sure what team could be interested, what their needs are and what they are willing to pay for Lehkonen, but I wouldn’t trade him for anything less than a 1st or 2 2nds or a 2nd and a prospect.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Definitely agree. Though teams get dumb at times. See Barclay Goodrow.

Leks is just low on the priority trade list so no need to move unless overpay

Is Lehkonen the type of asset that would work better in a trading scenario if he were packaged? I’m not liking the idea of only getting a generic 2nd for him as a solo asset, unless it’s a very early second rounder.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
All of this is exactly why Lek should NOT be moved short of a big overpayment or as a piece that allows for some bad vet contract we have to get moved without retention.

He's a piece that, along with Evans, should be a part of our rebuild... his work ethic, buy-in to play his role, and small but still present & untapped offensive ceiling, all fit perfectly well for a rebuilding team.

Hope Gorton doesn't move him for a 2nd round pick or less type return

Exactly this. There are far more undesirable assets to jettison — start with those. Lehkonen is a positive, not a liability. He’ll keep his value beyond this year as teams are always on the lookout for that type of no maintenance, solid contributor.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Is Lehkonen the type of asset that would work better in a trading scenario if he were packaged? I’m not liking the idea of only getting a generic 2nd for him as a solo asset, unless it’s a very early second rounder.
I think at best we might get a 2nd+3rd like what the Hawks got for Janmark if we retain 50%. I also think trading him and Chiarot separately would net better returns.

Luckily Lehkonen is an RFA still so we don't have to trade him this deadline meaning we can just outwait other teams unless they offer something we can't resist.

Reactions: Runner77

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I dont think that Lehkonen brings anything more in a trade with the Rangers if salary\Cap retention is involved. At least, nothing impactful. It would just serve as a nice gesture because New York has 10M to play with under the cap this season and Lehkonen is on an expiring deal this year. It's next year, with two mega contracts kicking in that the cap space vanishes.

I believe that, as suggested by other posters, Lehkonen's value is greater in a package deal. With New York looking precisely for a bottom-6 player like Lehkonen to round out the roster, and with prior interest in Chiarot as well for a playoff run, maybe a package deal involving the two, or a greater deal, even, could be had.

New York wouldn't touch their NHL core in this deal, so it might prove interesting for them (keep in mind that there is no need for retention on expiring deals, but longer deals might seem more attractive with that consideration addressed):

To New York:

Chiarot: 3.5M
Lehkonen: 2.3M
Toffoli: 2.125M X 2 remaining seasons after this one
Rights to Harris

To Montreal:

Lundkvist
Kravtsov
1st round pick

Landing Lundkvist and Kravtsov would inject skill up front and on the back end with near NHL-ready (if not NHL-ready for a rebuilding team) prospects picked in 2018, almost four years ago.

Losing Toffoli is inevitable in two years' time with a rebuild on the horizon. In the meantime, unlike with New York, Toffoli won't be in a position to help Montreal reach the highest honours. Kravtsov, IMO, will inevitably provide a Toffoli production (or better) over the next ten years.

Drouin - Suzuki - Kravtsov
Hoffman - Dvorak - Gallagher
Pitlick - Poehling - Caufield
Byron - Evans - Armia

In short order, this year,s draft pick might infuse more talent in the Habs' lineup, either at C (to replace Dvorak as a 2nd line pivot, at D, to eventually replace Petry or on the wing, to play with Caufield).

Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Guhle - Lundkvist

Price
Primeau

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
I dont think that Lehkonen brings anything more in a trade with the Rangers if salary\Cap retention is involved. At least, nothing impactful. It would just serve as a nice gesture because New York has 10M to play with under the cap this season and Lehkonen is on an expiring deal this year. It's next year, with two mega contracts kicking in that the cap space vanishes.

I believe that, as suggested by other posters, Lehkonen's value is greater in a package deal. With New York looking precisely for a bottom-6 player like Lehkonen to round out the roster, and with prior interest in Chiarot as well for a playoff run, maybe a package deal involving the two, or a greater deal, even, could be had.

New York wouldn't touch their NHL core in this deal, so it might prove interesting for them (keep in mind that there is no need for retention on expiring deals, but longer deals might seem more attractive with that consideration addressed):

To New York:

Chiarot: 3.5M
Lehkonen: 2.3M
Toffoli: 2.125M X 2 remaining seasons after this one
Rights to Harris

To Montreal:

Lundkvist
Kravtsov
1st round pick

Landing Lundkvist and Kravtsov would inject skill up front and on the back end with near NHL-ready (if not NHL-ready for a rebuilding team) prospects picked in 2018, almost four years ago.

Losing Toffoli is inevitable in two years' time with a rebuild on the horizon. In the meantime, unlike with New York, Toffoli won't be in a position to help Montreal reach the highest honours. Kravtsov, IMO, will inevitably provide a Toffoli production (or better) over the next ten years.

Drouin - Suzuki - Kravtsov
Hoffman - Dvorak - Gallagher
Pitlick - Poehling - Caufield
Byron - Evans - Armia

In short order, this year,s draft pick might infuse more talent in the Habs' lineup, either at C (to replace Dvorak as a 2nd line pivot, at D, to eventually replace Petry or on the wing, to play with Caufield).

Edmundson - Petry
Romanov - Savard
Guhle - Lundkvist

Price
Primeau
they need the money for Hertl

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Same, I love him but I think you’re right, he’s easily replaceable with good drafting.

Quick question:
How many habs drafted forwards in the lineup this year playing as good or better than Lek?
(None)

How about last season?
(1, gally... maybe 2 if you put JKOs season ahead)

How about the year before that?
(1, gally)

So I'd be a little skeptical of the claim we can easily replace him via the draft... & even so, not for years.

He's a better asset in hand than in trade if a 2nd is all we're getting.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Same, I love him but I think you’re right, he’s easily replaceable with good drafting.
Just good development is enough imho. Pezzetta for instance is a good product of player development.

And.. Well he looks fine as a replacement also ah. Not top 6 sure, but he's got the swagger to be on our bottom 6 for a couple seasons.

Reactions: Doc5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad