HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
If I base it on the 98.5 FM poll question currently, in Mario Languesale’s show — who would you want to sign between Stammer and Marchessault? :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: BLONG7

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
According to Pagnotta, Calgary is looking for D and is one of the many teams calling about Xhekaj.
Thankfully, it doesn't seem like he's available, but Harris is a possibility IMO.
Doesn't take much to know Calgary needs D, they just moved Hanafin and Tanev and they finished the season with five minimum salary Ds on their roster (Habs D players on ELC are paid more).

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Doesn't take much to know Calgary needs D, they just moved Hanafin and Tanev and they finished the season with five minimum salary Ds on their roster (Habs D players on ELC are paid more).

Lets say the Pospisil/Harris flip is a deal both sides like. What does our roster look like with him in our bottom 6? Who are we moving out? Armia, Dvorak, Anderson, Gallagher, Evans are all in our bottom 6. That's 5 players right there. Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Slaf, are 4/6 in the top 6 and depending on if we add a top 6F, we also have Newhook and Roy in that mix.

Not against this idea but I prefer to trade Harris for a future 2nd or 3rd. Rather give the open spots to Heineman, Ylonen, RHP, Farrell.

My strategy if I move Harris is to continue the draft power to the 25 and 26 drafts. Target a 2nd

Reactions: bsl and Miller Time

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Lets say the Pospisil/Harris flip is a deal both sides like. What does our roster look like with him in our bottom 6? Who are we moving out? Armia, Dvorak, Anderson, Gallagher, Evans are all in our bottom 6. That's 5 players right there. Suzuki, Caufield, Dach, Slaf, are 4/6 in the top 6 and depending on if we add a top 6F, we also have Newhook and Roy in that mix.

Not against this idea but I prefer to trade Harris for a future 2nd or 3rd. Rather give the open spots to Heineman, Ylonen, RHP, Farrell.

My strategy if I move Harris is to continue the draft power to the 25 and 26 drafts. Target a 2nd
Armia can be traded this offseason or he will for sure be at deadline same with Dvorak

Roy should go back to the AHL he had a bad 2nd half of the season

Heineman,Ylonen,RHP and Farrell dont look like nothing special i easily take Pospisil over any of them

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Pospisil would be a solid bottom 6 option. Especially if he can keep that physical play up he would be a menace in the playoffs and cause a game to go on in the game, but he's taken things too far already. Hopefully he can learn to play on the line and he doesn't jump 10 feet over every now and then.

Would have interest in him.

Reactions: Vachon23 and Leto

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Habs have 12 forwards signed for next season. This number doesn't include Ylonen or Joshua Roy, or the Russian dude the Habs are apparently interested in signing.

I don't see them trading a D for a bottom 6 F. The bottom 6 needs to be revamped, but not added to.

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Calgary is not trading Pospisil for the same reason Habs are not trading Xhekaj. Both are just very valuable for the team and fans love them.
Btw, Pospisil had 4 concussions already, with his style of play he might be couple hits away from retirement. Hopefully not as he is fun to watch.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
According to Pagnotta, Calgary is looking for D and is one of the many teams calling about Xhekaj.
Thankfully, it doesn't seem like he's available, but Harris is a possibility IMO.
Justin Barron vs Jakob Pelletier ? Both are 22 years old and need a new start

Reactions: Dutronc

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Justin Barron vs Jakob Pelletier ? Both are 22 years old and need a new start

Engels clowned the 4th period, said he doesn't know where these places get their sources but he checked around and there's nothing new on Xhekaj. Habs want to keep him around and see him as a foundational piece and no one has sniffed around since the AHL demotion.

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
4th or 5th on a competing team…

What would you say he is on the Habs?

Behind Matheson and Guhle for sure. So max 3rd

Would hurt more to see Arber and Struble go. So max 5th

Lets call him ahead of Barron? So 6, Barron 7th

Should be soon behind all of Hutson, Mailloux, Reinbacher? My guess is at least 1 makes it next season. So down to 7th.

(Not even mentioning Savard who should play ahead of Harris one more season.) More like 8th.

Ahead of Kovacevic.

7th-8th on the Habs as of today with 1 prospect making it?

How can he be 4th on a competing team?
I'm going to omit the players who haven't yet played 5 games for MTL.

Harris would be the 4th best Dman on the current roster for me (behind Matheson, Savard, and Guhle).
* Also considering he's the 4th best on a team that came 5th last.

Harris skates well, tries to make smart plays, and plays physical. Not in the same sense as Xhekaj where he'll manhandle opponents but he goes to the dirty areas to win the puck back without hesitation.
^ I wrote tries to make smart plays because sometimes the game is still a little too fast for him, he's adjusting. He's only 23 years old and has only played his 2nd full year with the team.

As of right now Harris isn't a 4D on a competing team, and just to repeat - I said I think he can be a 5, maybe even a 4. I can definitely see him as a player you want killing penalties, and being the safety net with a more offensive minded dman beside him. He needs to continue to develop, but I don't think he's fallen off that path.

Reactions: Paddy17

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I wonder why everyone is putting all there eggs on Dach being our 2nd line center....The guy is one hit away from a career ending injury. You can call his injury a fluke which it was but it was off a nothing hit and he was gone for the whole season. I think we really need a back up plan to Dach being our 2nd line center....
I agree. I consider dach a bonus surprise if he plays 60 games. I don’t pencil him in

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Engels clowned the 4th period, said he doesn't know where these places get their sources but he checked around and there's nothing new on Xhekaj. Habs want to keep him around and see him as a foundational piece and no one has sniffed around since the AHL demotion.
There seems to be some among the media who wants Xhekaj traded. I can't tell if it's because they think he has high trade value and expect something nice in return or something else.

Habs will still need to trade some Ds thought, they can't keep them all and next season Barron and Strubble (after a few games in his case) won't be waiver exempted.

Reactions: Leto

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
There seems to be some among the media who wants Xhekaj traded. I can't tell if it's because they think he has high trade value and expect something nice in return or something else.

Although George Laraque is a fan of Xhekaj, he has been beating the drums of Xhekaj getting traded since he has been sent back to Laval in 2023. The insecurity is annoying.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Armia can be traded this offseason or he will for sure be at deadline same with Dvorak

Roy should go back to the AHL he had a bad 2nd half of the season

Heineman,Ylonen,RHP and Farrell dont look like nothing special i easily take Pospisil over any of them

I prefer a 2nd rounder over Pospisil. Rather not clutter up the bottom 6 more than what it already is.

Not dead set against this 1/1 flip but my plan A strategy would be to get a pick for Harris (25 or 26 drafts). Prolong the draft power. Adding another player that may or may not go on waivers doesn't really help our long term plan.

Although George Laraque is a fan of Xhekaj, he has been beating the drums of Xhekaj getting traded since he has been sent back to Laval in 2023. The insecurity is annoying.

Laraque is not a good insider with me. He just likes to run his mouth and for some reason, he gets exposure. Some of his statements are cringy and maybe he is doing it on purpose to get the clicks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leto

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If I base it on the 98.5 FM poll question currently, in Mario Languesale’s show — who would you want to sign between Stammer and Marchessault? :sarcasm:
Highly unlikely, but it just goes to show you, some of the media just don't get what HuGo is building.
I am not saying it wont happen, signing a ufa but highly unlikely.

If they come away from the draft without the trade we are all expecting, and only draftees, then we could see some ufa action.

Reactions: Deus ex machina

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

Armia and Dvorak are in the final year Heineman, Yolonen, RHP, Farrell, Pezz all couldn’t establish them self without anyone blocking them, are very replaceable or just are just not suited for bottom 6 roles…

Getting a player as good as Harris out of draft is already very good outcome trading him for a late 2nd or 3rd that like trading a 5$ winning lotto ticket for 2$ scratch off… We have very little player with Pospisil profil, I rather trade Harris for a legit and young bottom 6, that way you are not chasing size or grinders in the draft focus on picking the BPA or aren’t overpaying for established guy (like TB did). Late 2nd and 3rd… we already have ton of avg picks. If you are going for a pick, better off packaging him for actual good pick, late 1st early 2nd.

Reactions: Vachon23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad