HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #87: 2024 Season Finale

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
people want to move Xhekaj? Are any of you watching the playoffs?
And you want Marner?
yeah you're not watching much playoffs.

ps Xhekaj and Mailloux, as they were in laval, and if they keep developing is a great playoff duo imo

..amazing the amnesia about the big 3 that got us to a covid cup

Last edited:

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021
Would anyone here do Anderson @4 mil + Barron + 26 + 2025 2nd + Tuch for Marner at whatever the Leafs need to make him to make the cap work? Feels like he'd be our missing piece in the top 6. Would work well with a bigger guy like Slaf or Dach. I don't actually think he gets traded but fun to think about.
Why would Marner waive his full NMC to come to a bottom 5 team like Montreal.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Yikes. If you ''followed things'', you'd have known Brannstrom had subpar draft+1 and draft+2 seasons and was very much a depreciating asset (small defenseman without elite point production). And for Eichel the point was that star players don't often return as much as fans think they should. And Sabres fans were very disappointed with the return back then if you remember correctly. If you think you are a better ''evaluator'' of value, then tell me what should be a fair deal for one year of a star winger on a NMC. Also, you can use Hall as an example too.
He didn't have a "subpar draft +1, or 2"

Eichel and Sabres splitting was obvious, too.

So far you're 0/2 and you didn't factor in thar Anderson just f***ing sucked hard and he has negative value.

Barron isn't very good. The 1st is late, the 2nd is late and Tuch is a very meh prospect.

There's nothing tangible there at all.

Are you going to try again and get put in your place, or do you realize how your trade proposal is terrible now ?

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
He didn't have a "subpar draft +1, or 2"

Eichel and Sabres splitting was obvious, too.

So far you're 0/2 and you didn't factor in thar Anderson just f***ing sucked hard and he has negative value.

Barron isn't very good. The 1st is late, the 2nd is late and Tuch is a very meh prospect.

There's nothing tangible there at all.

Are you going to try again and get put in your place, or do you realize how your trade proposal is terrible now ?
Funny you didn't mention Hall there. And Brannstrom had 100% a subpar D+1 and didn't make the team when he came to North America. I don't actually mind answering to people who think my trade ideas are bad. But being disrespectful and delusional is crazy. A rental doesn't ever return that much. Learn your values before acting like an asshole. And you never actually put an example on the table that was a better proposal by your perception.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Funny you didn't mention Hall there. And Brannstrom had 100% a subpar D+1 and didn't make the team when he came to North America. I don't actually mind answering to people who think my trade ideas are bad. But being disrespectful and delusionnal is crazy. A rental doesn't ever return that much. Learn your values before acting like an asshole. And you never actually put an example on the table that was a better proposal by your perception.
Not interested in Marner because of the cost and the likelihood that he'll leave.

Merkley = Farrell
Devils 1st > Jets 1st.
Bahl > Barron, though that might be recency bias
Nate Schnarr >>>Anderson because of his contract and how he's played to this point.

Only way I have interest in Marner is if he's willing to sign an extension and I doubt he wants, or can mentally handle being in another big market. Plus his dad likely wouldn't want him traded to Montreal.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Not interested in Marner because of the cost and the likelihood that he'll leave.

Merkley = Farrell
Devils 1st > Jets 1st.
Bahl > Barron, though that might be recency bias
Nate Schnarr >>>Anderson because of his contract and how he's played to this point.

Only way I have interest in Marner is if he's willing to sign an extension and I doubt he wants, or can mentally handle being in another big market. Plus his dad likely wouldn't want him traded to Montreal.
Bahl is literally terrible and he was terrible back then. The picks aren't that far apart. And Schnarr was basically worthless too and Anderson at 4 million is probably close to neutral value. I can understand if you think my proposal includes too many redundant pieces. But name me one rental in the modern era that returned alot more than this and I'll take it all back. Even Hossa returned alot of crap amongst things (Depreciating asset, decent middle six winger, 30th overall and decent tweener).

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Why give up assets for one year of Marner? I doubt he re-signs with the Habs, and the team will not be a contender next season even with him.

Agreed, giving up assets for one year of Marner doesn’t make any sense to me.

Even if Marner would sign a long term contract with Montreal I wouldn’t want Hughes to trade for him. My guess is he’s going to be looking for a deal around what Nylander just got (7-8 years at $11.5 million AAV). In my opinion that’s too much for a player that disappears as a team gets further and further in the playoffs.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Bahl is literally terrible and he was terrible back then. The picks aren't that far apart. And Schnarr was basically worthless too and Anderson at 4 million is probably close to neutral value. I can understand if you think my proposal includes too many redundant pieces. But name me one rental in the modern era that returned alot more than this and I'll take it all back. Even Hossa returned alot of crap amongst things (Depreciating asset, decent middle six winger, 30th overall and decent tweener).
If Bahl sucks, then Barron is terrible, which is close to where he is.

Habs retaining 1.5 on Anderson is still Toronto taking on cap for a player they do need, but not this edition of himself. Can't imagine the Leafs want to do that, especially when there's a decent amount of good bottom 6 players that can bring more than Anderson that would cost around 4 mill a year.

Hossa did put up good numbers, but went on to put up below a ppg pace for the rest of hos career.

Marner has 3 90+ point seasons in the last 4 years.

If the Habs want to go after him, I imagine Newhook is apart of it. Newhook impressed, but you can't have 4 of your top 6 6', or under and potentially only have 1 high-end talent.

Would be nice to include Anderson, too and replace his ass with Trenin/Joshua, but can't imagine they are interested in that, even with Anderson retained to 4 mill on top of that.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
If Bahl sucks, then Barron is terrible, which is close to where he is.

Habs retaining 1.5 on Anderson is still Toronto taking on cap for a player they do need, but not this edition of himself. Can't imagine the Leafs want to do that, especially when there's a decent amount of good bottom 6 players that can bring more than Anderson that would cost around 4 mill a year.

Hossa did put up good numbers, but went on to put up below a ppg pace for the rest of hos career.

Marner has 3 90+ point seasons in the last 4 years.

If the Habs want to go after him, I imagine Newhook is apart of it. Newhook impressed, but you can't have 4 of your top 6 6', or under and potentially only have 1 high-end talent.

Would be nice to include Anderson, too and replace his ass with Trenin/Joshua, but can't imagine they are interested in that, even with Anderson retained to 4 mill on top of that.
Barron is far better offensively than Bahl.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
And you want Marner?

ps Xhekaj and Mailloux, as they were in laval, and if they keep developing is a great playoff duo imo

Amazing the amnesia about the HOF goalie that carried us to a cup ;)

Reactions: HuGo Sham

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Barron is far better offensively than Bahl.
Well, yeah, but Bahl is far, far better defensively than Bahl is. Bahl being 6'7 and a defensive minded, physical dman will likely be able to carve out a career for himself while I'm not even sure if Barron will be with the Habs next season. If he is, the only reason he doesn't get waived is because Montreal doesn't want to lose him for nothing

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
And you want Marner?

Oh no i keep Xhekaj and if necessary, convert him into a winger. We need his presence.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Too bad there’s not a dislike button
I think you guys don't realize how much value Rasmus Andersson has. The Flames could get a top-10 pick for him pretty easily or a 1st + Top Prospect. They probably wouldn't do the deal either just because of that.

Reactions: Benstheman

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
Man they should have kept Lehkonen damn. Watching him play 20 minutes per game on one of the best team in the league is rough lol. I think his offensive would have taken the same next step with MSL as he did with Colorado

A defensively-elite second line winger is exactly what this team needs now if they truly want to take the next step. And he's still 28 too...

Hindsight is always 20/20 and I really like Hughes total body of work, but hot damn did we get fleeced on that trade

Last edited:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Man they should have kept Lehkonen damn. Watching him play 20 minutes per game on one of the best team in the league is rough lol. I think his offensive would have taken the same next step with MSL as he did with Colorado

An defensively-elite second line winger is exactly what this team needs now if they truly want to take the next step. And he's still 28 too...

Hindsight is always 20/20 and I really like Hughes total body of work, but hot damn did we get fleeced on that trade

He's also playing with extremely elite players. Not diminishing him but his presence wouldn't have change the outcome that we sucked for the last 3 years and we're not yet ready next year.

Having said that.....The funny thing is that I think we already have our new Lehkonen and it's Newhook from the AVS. Both basically cost the same actually.

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
And you want Marner?

We've watched the playoffs and seen Ryan Reaves cripple his team time and time again.

Xhekaj is no Reaves, but neither is he a good player. Sexy because of his truculence and size, but someone who does far more damage to his team than anything else, and is ridiculously overvalued on the market.

He is precisely the kind of player you dump before someone figures out that he isn't actually contributing to team success.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

An defensively-elite second line winger is exactly what this team needs now if they truly want to take the next step. And he's still 28 too...

Lehkonen has put 4 goals and 3 passes in 4 playoffs game so far :laugh:

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
We've watched the playoffs and seen Ryan Reaves cripple his team time and time again.

Xhekaj is no Reaves, but neither is he a good player. Sexy because of his truculence and size, but someone who does far more damage to his team than anything else, and is ridiculously overvalued on the market.

He is precisely the kind of player you dump before someone figures out that he isn't actually contributing to team success.
He was playing good after is ahl stint. Bringed way more positive than negative.

TesseractPrice

Aug 1, 2019
He's also playing with extremely elite players. Not diminishing him but his presence wouldn't have change the outcome that we sucked for the last 3 years and we're not yet ready next year.

Having said that.....The funny thing is that I think we already have our new Lehkonen and it's Newhook from the AVS. Both basically cost the same actually.

Absolutely agree with you on the

"[H]is presence wouldn't have change the outcome that we sucked for the last 3 years and we're not yet ready next year"

However, he is deserving his ice time on the Avs though. I think solid vets are necessary on a rebuilding team. I like Savard and Matheson (gasp, I know) on the blue line, but I think there is a clear lack of good vets at forward. I would have liked to keep him to help with the transition to playoff team

On the second part I agree too. Hughes got back to the Avs with the Newhook trade that I think will be a significant win for the Habs in the long run. I'm pretty bullish on Newhook and I'm pretty curious to see who Hughes will target this offseason if he wants to trade the Winnipeg pick

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
And you want Marner?

Yup, we need that big D. Xhekaj, Guhle, Reinbacher will be monsters for us. Maybe Mailloux. No way I want to trade any of them.

Size & skill on D. Size & skill up front. We need to add to Slafkovsky & Dach.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

He couldn’t do that here. It made no sense to keep him 2+ years ago. If we were a competing team not starting a rebuild, he would’ve been kept but that wasn’t the case. Even that bum Drouin who moped around for 6 years here has rebounded in Colorado. It wasn’t going to happen here for Lehkonen where we were as a franchise. They’re support players. Lehkonen’s great in the role we couldn’t offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad