Post-Game Talk: Trade deadline talk

KingKopitar11*

I'm happy with him. Good pick up.

Not happy about our top 6 still having a hole. Trigger shy maybe.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
The rumor is the Wild gave-up a first and second in addition to Hacket and Larson for Pommer

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Torres to SJ is perfect, I predict he will take a stupid penalty to cost them a round.

Probably round one.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Definitely fine. Would have liked a move, but not at this deadline's prices for 12 games. ugh.

RR SHOULD shore up the D, and that's all we need.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
This is almost identical to the cup winners last year....RR is taking the place of Mitchell for a while, which is not terrible. Gagne didn't do much, if at all, in the playoffs. We just need this team to play with the same fire. There was not much reason to spend assets on another forward when we had no dire need for it..

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
This is almost identical to the cup winners last year....RR is taking the place of Mitchell for a while, which is not terrible. Gagne didn't do much, if at all, in the playoffs. We just need this team to play with the same fire. There was not much reason to spend assets on another forward when we had no dire need for it..

Wasn't any that were really top six material within reason.

Pomm cost a lot of money, and Buffalo got great players/picks for him.

Gabo is not a sutter player, and went for Roster players.

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
Wasn't any that were really top six material within reason.

Pomm cost a lot of money, and Buffalo got great players/picks for him.

I should have pointed that out. Gaborik was the best on the block but he is far too inconsistent. One game he has 5 points, goes pointless for the next 4-5. I would have been all over Clarkson if he was available, but obviously there was no reason for him to be.

ElKingsFan92

Mar 10, 2011
Hollywood/Lakewood
Yeah, I'm a little bugged that we didn't go after Pominville or Ott like reported, but if the price was too high (and it seems like it was), then I can live with not making a move for a top 6 forward. In the end, this is still the team that won the Cup last year and I liked the Regehr move, so we'll be ok.

As an aside though, I'm really rooting for the Jackets to make the playoffs now.

KingKopitar11*

Washington made a trade but no one knows who. Maybe Brouwer to the kings Yeeeah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad