Pre-Game Talk: Toronto @ Boston -- game 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Hi Guys....Bruins fan here just wanting to talk hockey. If the Leafs do happen to lose this series where do you place the most blame? Keefe? Management? The players? Do you think heads roll if they do lose? I've never really been impressed with Keefe and feel you deserve better, but have they given him a complete team? I did like their pickups at the deadline and thought it might stabilize the defense, but maybe the real need is a #1 D and shift the others down A notch? Tweak the D and get a better goalie and have to think the Leafs can compete with anyone right? Just wondering your thoughts.

As a long suffering Red Sox fan and Bruins fan before both teams won I feel your frustrations....
It's systemic on all of them. Leadership has failed allowing the previous GM to build out a team in a way which was against the grain of proven cup winners.

Management failed in cap structure, trading away pics in chasing short term success, ignoring D and Goal and personnel decisions overall.

Coaching can't get special teams to work, or get the team to buy into structure, or get the players to start on time. Or set a hard-line to keep players accountable.

Players have not made the difference when it counted the most and haven't been able to rise above the sum of their parts which is what all cup winners do

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
He’s impossible to listen to now.

He has to go.

He's been saying some ridiculous things but that statement is true.

Samsonov does the opposite of what a goalie should do and it's giving Boston easy goals on the PP. He anticipates who he thinks is going to shoot and then steps 4-5 feet out of the net to take away the angle. Boston then passes it to the the other side of the ice and Samsonov is too out of position to cover. It makes it impossible to kill a penalty when Samsonov does that.

Goalies are supposed to let the play come to them. Samsonov tries too hard to guess what's going to happen and gets himself out of position for what actually happens.

Reactions: egd27

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Hi Guys....Bruins fan here just wanting to talk hockey. If the Leafs do happen to lose this series where do you place the most blame? Keefe? Management? The players? Do you think heads roll if they do lose? I've never really been impressed with Keefe and feel you deserve better, but have they given him a complete team? I did like their pickups at the deadline and thought it might stabilize the defense, but maybe the real need is a #1 D and shift the others down A notch? Tweak the D and get a better goalie and have to think the Leafs can compete with anyone right? Just wondering your thoughts.

As a long suffering Red Sox fan and Bruins fan before both teams won I feel your frustrations....

5v5 it's been relatively close.

Special teams and stars not converting on their chances.

Our D is constructed to defend and nothing else, so getting offense from the D is impossible.

Goaltending is shaky at best.

It is hard to get too upset with our coaching at 5v5 (others will be upset and think we should be winning 20-0 at 5v5), but special teams are atrocious.

Reactions: wingman75 and KOZ37

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
My cynical view, informed by the last 8 years tell me that whether Auston Matthews plays in the game or not does not change the outcome. He won't score anyways.

May as well rest up/get whatever surgery for whatever yearly injury it is for next year.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Keefe being 4-12 at home is so ridiculously bad...What coach with a 25% home win percentage keeps his job?
Never seen a team use the home crowd less then the leafs. Zero grit and physicality displayed at home

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
If Matthews doesn't play in game 5, Marner will light up the Bruins and people will be confused as to who they should complain about.

• Haha
Reactions: bax

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Keefe being 4-12 at home is so ridiculously bad...What coach with a 25% home win percentage keeps his job?
No kidding, or a core of players who fail at that rate.
I can't think of a team with that dismal of a record that's been kept together for this long.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Remember, 11 years ago, it was more unlikely Boston would come back from 4-1 down with 10 minutes left than the Leafs winning this series after being down 3-1. It was also unlikely Vancouver would come back from 3-1 score last game. It was also unlikely Florida would come back from 3-1 to the best regular season team ever. Why can't good, improbable things happen to us?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
No kidding, or a core of players who fail at that rate.
I can't think of a team with that dismal of a record that's been kept together for this long.

Colorado had a pretty terrible record with their core before Makar saved them... even finished last in the league at one point... I'd say that is worse, but who knows.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Leaf fans hear me!!

Stop simping to media quotes.

The media are not our friends. They are asking leading questions looking to grab a quote here or there to post around and get the fanbase all riled up. And it works far too often and too easily.

Players and coaches will give political answers at times. Could answer 20 questions, find one line was said and blow it up.

Rise above this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad