Pre-Game Talk: Time to Shine - Edm Van tomorrow 8 PM (puck drop at midnight)

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Oilers came up with their best effort of the series, limited the chances against and controlled play for most of the game. If our 2nd round opponents 3rd string goalie wasn’t channeling Georges Vezina for the 2nd straight year this thing would be over.

Now that we’re getting average goaltending, if Nurse can stop screening our goalie and deflecting pucks into our own net on a regular basis, and we’re not relying on 1 line, with the similar effort and attention to detail the Oilers should win tomorrow night.

Stetcher in for Ceci whose play continues to erode might be worthwhile and Foegele McLoed Perry are MIA. Carrick Gagner in for Foegele Perry? McLoed needs to check in here. He’s been another huge disappointment along with 20 goal man Foegele. Perry can’t keep the pace either. Really miss Henrique here.

Looking forward to the game and to the Canuck fans bandwagon start to teeter.

Last edited:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oilers came up with their best effort of the series, limited the chances against and controlled play for most of the game. If our 2nd round opponents 3rd string goalie wasn’t challenging Georges Vezina for the 2nd straight year this thing would be over.

Now that we’re getting average goaltending, if Nurse can stop screening our goalie and deflecting pucks into our own net on a regular basis, and we’re not relying on 1 line, with the similar effort and attention to detail the Oilers should win tomorrow night.

Stetcher in for Ceci whose play continues to erode might be worthwhile and Foegele McLoed Perry are MIA. Carrick Gagner in for Foegele Perry? McLoed needs to check in here. He’s been another huge disappointment along with 20 goal man Foegele. Perry can’t keep the pace either. Really miss Henrique here.

Looking forward to the game and to the Canuck fans bandwagon start to teeter.
I wouldn't expect major changes after a win like this.. there really shouldn't be any unless Henrique is 100% healthy.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I wouldn't expect major changes after a win like this.. there really shouldn't be any unless Henrique is 100% healthy.

Ceci’s play is concerning. Foegele McLoed Perry continue to be completely ineffective as the 3rd line. I get you typically don’t make changes after a win but the 3rd line needs changing and Ceci is going to cost us if his play continues to erode.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
I would only swap out Ceci for both Stecher and Broberg. Ryan for Gagner. Give the guys a game to rest. Other than that, don't want to mess with team chemistry too much.
Isn't replacing someone that barely played with the Oilers a huge change in chemistry? I don't think stecher is getting a chance unless someone is legitimately hurt.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Isn't replacing someone that barely played with the Oilers a huge change in chemistry? I don't think stecher is getting a chance unless someone is legitimately hurt.
Trying to get the boys names on the cup if we win the cup

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I would only swap out Ceci for both Stecher and Broberg. Ryan for Gagner. Give the guys a game to rest. Other than that, don't want to mess with team chemistry too much.
Having Ryan take that draw with the empty net instead of Draisaitl who was on his strong faceoff side was puzzling at best. The guy gives me Letestu playoff vibes losing everything at critical times

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Having Ryan take that draw with the empty net instead of Draisaitl who was on his strong faceoff side was puzzling at best. The guy gives me Letestu playoff vibes losing everything at critical times
Letestu was great at finding himself open during his time here tho. He kept scoring when we least expected. But yes very similar player.

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
8kvpif.jpg

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
No. A poster here posted Nurse’s results with Stetcher and with Ceci- and although a small sample size with Stetcher- that pair (Nurse Stetcher) posted better metrics.

For the year- Stetcher is far superior than Ceci. It isn’t even close. Ceci has a 2% xGAR (bottom 2% of the league when compared to his peers). Stetcher is also has much better metrics when it comes to zone exits (it’s like they aren’t even in the same league), rush defense (this is huge), zone denials. Ceci is the better shot blocker. Playing Ceci over Stetcher is mind numbingly stupid.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I expect Pickard to start, I hope Ceci will be replaced. Another strong performance and come home with the Nucks against the wall.

I'd be f***ing floored if Pickard doesn't start. He's earned the cage.

I’d like to see Pickard, Stecher and Carrick in, sit Skinner, Ceci and Ryan.

Just do it.

I'd be down to see some of Stetcher with Kulak rather than more of Ceci. Kulak was running himself ragged last night trying to cover the Canucks and his defensive partner.

My only hot point here is Ryan. He was 47% in the dot last night. 49% in the playoffs so far. Plays a lot of PK minutes. Since we seem to not have the refs on our side this series and we're getting spit roasted in the faceoff circle, I think it might be a mistake to sit Ryan specifically unless you're confident that Carrick can win faceoffs and PK to the same standard.

Maybe instead of sitting Ryan you swap Brown for Carrick, gives you to centres on line 4 and a bit more bite.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I'd be f***ing floored if Pickard doesn't start. He's earned the cage.

I'd be down to see some of Stetcher with Kulak rather than more of Ceci. Kulak was running himself ragged last night trying to cover the Canucks and his defensive partner.

My only hot point here is Ryan. He was 47% in the dot last night. 49% in the playoffs so far. Plays a lot of PK minutes. Since we seem to not have the refs on our side this series and we're getting spit roasted in the faceoff circle, I think it might be a mistake to sit Ryan specifically unless you're confident that Carrick can win faceoffs and PK to the same standard.

Maybe instead of sitting Ryan you swap Brown for Carrick, gives you to centres on line 4 and a bit more bite.
Good point, pull Brown for Carrick. On the road I want more hitting, Brown and Ryan don’t scare anyone and we could use Ryan’s pk ability.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
That was Ryan on his strong side. Draisaitl lost two face-offs prior on his strong side at left faceoff dot. All three draws were lost cleanly.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I think he only plays Game 6 if the Canucks are on the verge of elimination.

He would absolutely play a prospective Game 7 though.

As good as Demko is when healthy I’m not sold him rushing back to play while still dealing with an injury is actually an upgrade on Silvos. Who frankly is the only reason they won game 3 and the only reason why game 4 wasn’t lopsided.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
A major issue I think comparing tocchet and Knob is tocchet isn't afraid to call out bad performances.

He called out his 11m man Pettersson last night. He said 5 of the players are passanger. Changes will be coming to Canucks line up.

Yet for some bizarre reason we are married to Cody ceci. Why? You know he's not good you've pulled back his ice time he's costing this team chances. Get him out and let Broberg or stretcher in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad