OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I was always partial to YYZ by Rush. I never quite learned to play it right.

I haven't touched a bass in close to 8 years by now. I was never much good but it's disappointing to think I probably won't re-enter that phase of my life. Maybe once I have older kids they will wants to learn and that would be a good excuse to bust them out of storage.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Sometimes I tie a fly that I know is going to get eaten. It's not that it's tied particularly well or there is anything special about it....It just has a little magic.

IMG_20240515_113827836.jpg

IMG_20240515_113940061.jpg

Reactions: njdevils1982

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I was always partial to YYZ by Rush. I never quite learned to play it right.

I haven't touched a bass in close to 8 years by now. I was never much good but it's disappointing to think I probably won't re-enter that phase of my life. Maybe once I have older kids they will wants to learn and that would be a good excuse to bust them out of storage.
I have no musical talent whatsoever. I can't even play air guitar. I still have stray thoughts about buying one and taking some lessons now that my youngest is off to college and I have some time to do things I want after work.

Reactions: Rhodes 81

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I have no musical talent whatsoever. I can't even play air guitar. I still have stray thoughts about buying one and taking some lessons now that my youngest is off to college and I have some time to do things I want after work.

here's lesson one:

buy a guitar. learn to tune it.

look up chord charts and learn the basics. play every day for at least 20 minutes (if your fingers can handle that at the beginning...dont force yourself)...and play every day for weeks ...minimum 20 minutes to build up finger strength ....

start with simple like playing between two chords say, E to A or G to C..

get used to the basic chords and listen to how they sound in relation to each other.

it's how i learned guitar. self taught. grabbed a chord chart and went ... start with the major and minor chords .....specifically the ones that are refer to as "open chords"

do this: E, A, D, C, G, Em, Am and Dm. .... pick a few and learn to alternate....mix 'em up.

lessons might focus on theory (which can be good) but if you're just wanting to learn to play and enjoy it ....that shit is for the conservatory.... you're not going to want to learn staff reading. its a guitar. just play it, right. dont waste money on theory lessons at first.

....also there is option of rental if you dont want to buy and just try ... the three shops near me (not mom and pops places) all do daily, weekly, monthly rental and all at fair prices.

///

its been since '90 or '91 ive been playing.....you should do it.

and here i am this summer planning to build an acoustic guitar from 50 year old wood.

...again. give it a shot. why the f*** not?

lesson two awaits you.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
here's lesson one:

buy a guitar. learn to tune it.

look up chord charts and learn the basics. play every day for at least 20 minutes (if your fingers can handle that at the beginning...dont force yourself)...and play every day for weeks ...minimum 20 minutes to build up finger strength ....

start with simple like playing between two chords say, E to A or G to C..

get used to the basic chords and listen to how they sound in relation to each other.

it's how i learned guitar. self taught. grabbed a chord chart and went ... start with the major and minor chords .....specifically the ones that are refer to as "open chords"

do this: E, A, D, C, G, Em, Am and Dm. .... pick a few and learn to alternate....mix 'em up.

lessons might focus on theory (which can be good) but if you're just wanting to learn to play and enjoy it ....that shit is for the conservatory.... you're not going to want to learn staff reading. its a guitar. just play it, right. dont waste money on theory lessons at first.

....also there is option of rental if you dont want to buy and just try ... the three shops near me (not mom and pops places) all do daily, weekly, monthly rental and all at fair prices.

///

its been since '90 or '91 ive been playing.....you should do it.

and here i am this summer planning to build an acoustic guitar from 50 year old wood.

...again. give it a shot. why the f*** not?

lesson two awaits you.

I was mediocre at Guitar Hero so I can’t imagine I’ll ever master hammer on and off

Ad

Upcoming events

• New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    New York Yankees @ Minnesota Twins
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,757.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Las Palmas vs Real Betis
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $110.00