OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Okay thought as much but wondered if my memory was betraying me and you were in Camp Scream.

And yes, it seems clear to me as well. Beyond the likelihood the Steelers changed the sales pitch on them, if its reasonable for the Steelers to look at their options, then it's reasonable for the players to look at theirs too.

Yeah and that's what I edited in after. I don't think the Steelers necessarily did anything "wrong", because wanting to make the team better is fundamentally not "wrong", but the smoke out there suggests that at least both Pickett and Rudolph were unhappy with some aspect of how they did it.

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Just re Heyward missing OTAs - as I said, it all comes down to the money. That said, if he wants to force the issue that much, maybe he wants too much.

Yeah and that's what I edited in after. I don't think the Steelers necessarily did anything "wrong", because wanting to make the team better is fundamentally not "wrong", but the smoke out there suggests that at least both Pickett and Rudolph were unhappy with some aspect of how they did it.

Yup.

And to return to a point I made earlier this off-season, it does make me slightly uneasy. They want to move off of those guys, no skin off of my nose, but if they did actually want to keep them but instead managed to alienate them, it doesn't speak well for those involved. You'll have to put some back into the search to find someone who's genuinely worried we're not keeping those two, but bad processes tend to repeat.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Just re Heyward missing OTAs - as I said, it all comes down to the money. That said, if he wants to force the issue that much, maybe he wants too much.

Yup.

And to return to a point I made earlier this off-season, it does make me slightly uneasy. They want to move off of those guys, no skin off of my nose, but if they did actually want to keep them but instead managed to alienate them, it doesn't speak well for those involved. You'll have to put some back into the search to find someone who's genuinely worried we're not keeping those two, but bad processes tend to repeat.
Heyward should be gonzo. Dude is paid like superstar and he's barely average nowadays.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Good point I saw elsewhere - both Ravens games aka most bruising games of the year are followed by a short turnaround.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
Damn that’s a brutal schedule after the bye. For an offense with a lot of question marks, it might not be the worst thing to have a lighter schedule early on and hopefully be a somewhat well oiled machine by the time things get awful.

a possible silver lining is KC may have clinched their division/playoff spot by then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad