OT: The Other Sports Thread Part X

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
We went in '85 or '86. My wife, who is from upstate NY, bought a mint julip. She takes one sip and hands it to me with a "drink this". It is the only time that I can remember drinking bourbon. We still have the glass.

It was the first year that the infield was $20.

I had 7 ways to win money on the Derby. I did not win anything. Horse racing is not my sport. The horses can't read the tote board.

The favorite came in 4th.I believe that Spend-A-Buck was the winner.
Horse racing isn't my sport, either, or at least betting is not. I'm not sure if it was that time or the subsequent time I went to the Derby (which Mr Adz absolutely does NOT remember but we definitely went twice!) whichever horse I picked because the odds were ridiculous (70-1 or something like that) ended up coming in 3rd place... but I hadn't actually made the bet. Sigh. Fall of 2016 when odds were 68-1 against the Preds my daughter was in Vegas so I asked her to try to bet on the Preds. She shares my inability to place a bet. We wouldn't have won but the oddsmakers might have been sweating a bit.

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
I saw one whole lap of the race before I had to pick up my daughter for the Admirals Game 5 against Grand Rapids.

They could call it the 6 Hours of Indy!
Im sorry to hear that- While the past 12 or so 500/s have been fantastic thanks , this is going to rank up there with 2021, 2014, 2011, 2006, 1992, 1982 as the Greatest 500s of all time .

Im not really a Newgarden fan due to the cheating scandal and his turn towards a full on villain but he is most likely going to finish his career as one of the all time greats like Rick Mears, AJ , Al Unser , Helio and Dario

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Nashvilles Own and big Preds fan Josef Newgarden wins the Indy 500 for the 2nd year in a row
He lives in the same neighborhood as the guy who sits in front of me at games. He says he's a nice guy at least during the time when he passes him while out doing his daily walk. They're not buds or anything. Josef lives in the BACK part of the subdivision, dontcha know.

Reactions: hockey diva

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad