Blue Jays Discussion: The official Davis Schneider Appreciation Society

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
I love how anyone who has a long, or difficult name to spell is always turned into an acronym

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
If you DIDNT believe all the reports, despite having zero actual reason for doing so, because initially none of them were refuted and instead were propped up by even the MLB account, then that's the person that was acting irrationally.

People seeing a report that something is happening and believing in it, and then being excited about it because it's something they want for their team, is not irrational crazy behaviour. That's really silly.
Personally, I treat pretty much all tweets of this nature by insiders as rumours. So, the information may or may not be true.

Was it the MLB account that retweeted things or the MLB Nerwork account. Two vary different things. MLB Network pretty much retweets all trade/FA rumours reported by insiders who work with them. I would never take them retweeting something as any kind of confirmation, just a sharing of a rumour that's out there.

As for Morosi. He posted something that wasn't true. Did he make it up? I don't think so. But maybe he trusted a source he shouldn't have. Or a trusted source had wrong information or lied to him. it happens.

To be honest, most of the tweets yesterday seemed pretty standard for trade deadline/free agency stuff. Are you perhaps new to follow g suxhthings?

Personally, I find scepticism to be far more rational than blind belief.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
Wait till the next private plane comes to Toronto! I love plane watch! It’s awesome to see fan bases so excited. Can’t believe others are trying to make this negative. Just insecurity about themselves or there team to see a fan base excited.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
I thought yesterday was a lot of fun. Chasing a plane is ridiculous but the hype was palpable.
Oh, I don't disagree that it was fun and I enjoyed it. I just think the proper reaction to the events should be far more "Well, that was fun. Maybe tomrrow." and far less "Wah! Wah! Twitter tricked me!!!"

thehockeysong

Nov 1, 2009
Personally, I treat pretty much all tweets of this nature by insiders as rumours. So, the information may or may not be true.

Was it the MLB account that retweeted things or the MLB Nerwork account. Two vary different things. MLB Network pretty much retweets all trade/FA rumours reported by insiders who work with them. I would never take them retweeting something as any kind of confirmation, just a sharing of a rumour that's out there.

As for Morosi. He posted something that wasn't true. Did he make it up? I don't think so. But maybe he trusted a source he shouldn't have. Or a trusted source had wrong information or lied to him. it happens.

To be honest, most of the tweets yesterday seemed pretty standard for trade deadline/free agency stuff. Are you perhaps new to follow g suxhthings?

Personally, I find scepticism to be far more rational than blind belief.

It wasn't MLB network. It was MLB.

And those same reporters then are the ones that post articles. There's a certain point where rumour becomes fact, but if you're saying you don't listen to their tweets but then listen to their articles that they post using the same information, then I don't know what to tell you but you're confused about how this works.

If you don't think something is confirmed fact until it's signed that's fine. Thats also what everyone else does. But to assume it is all false until confirmed is also obtuse.

Your comment about "new to following" speaks volumes here. You're the only one that seemingly doesn't understand but you somehow combine that with a condescending attitude. Might wanna flip this one around, you're the only one in the thread that seems like they just found out about the internet.

Oh, I don't disagree that it was fun and I enjoyed it. I just think the proper reaction to the events should be far more "Well, that was fun. Maybe tomrrow." and far less "Wah! Wah! Twitter tricked me!!!"

You're listening to voices in your head man. This isn't what happened. People are annoyed that journalists are pretending there wasn't enough smoke to imply fire. Fans are saying that's silly, there was. Those same journalists didn't say it was false and silly while it happened. They waited until after, because they also didn't have sources.

No one is out for anyone's head here, nor is anyone playing the victim. Reports got taken at face value and you're upset.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Wait till the next private plane comes to Toronto! I love plane watch! It’s awesome to see fan bases so excited. Can’t believe others are trying to make this negative. Just insecurity about themselves or there team to see a fan base excited.
I heard he is taking a Uber to Toronto, that’s why it’s taking too long

• Haha
Reactions: jcs0218

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Translation: Roki Sasaki has requested his NPB team post him ASAP.

Do it. I f***ing dare you.

MAXIMUM CHAOS

(Unlikely it happens because the way the posting system works means a guy as young as him generates precisely nothing for his club financially, but still it would be immensely funny)

This does tell us what most of the baseball world thought; Sasaki is definitely making the jump to America at the first actual opportunity

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

Translation: Roki Sasaki has requested his NPB team post him ASAP.

Do it. I f***ing dare you.

MAXIMUM CHAOS

(Unlikely it happens because the way the posting system works means a guy as young as him generates precisely nothing for his club financially, but still it would be immensely funny)

This does tell us what most of the baseball world thought; Sasaki is definitely making the jump to America at the first actual opportunity

Ohtani will be able to give him a good sales pitch on Toronto by the time he is coming over :sarcasm:

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Yeah that’s my gut feeling too. Like if momentum had picked up throughout the week and peaked yesterday I could have seen it happen… Jays as the dark horse. But if he’s slowly mulling over it just seems less likely.
But yesterday momentum was fake to begin with.
In a way, nothing really changed.

I do agree that Jays is always the Dark Horse.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I follow dodger nation on and off....I dont think they are reliable sources lol :laugh:

But hey I hope, as I said Sohei comes to Toronto
Hoornstra just joined Dodger Nation. He’s reputable and appears to have good connections in the Dodgers organization.

A plausible explanation is someone from the Dodgers told him Ohtani has turned down the Dodgers for the Jays. But none of the Blue Jays execs or CAA will tell anyone that because Ohtani wants to fully control the process and announce when he’s ready (after medicals). So that’s why all the national reporters are told there is no decision.

Maybe that’s wrong, but this isn’t some opera singer. Hoornstra is legit.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
But yesterday momentum was fake to begin with.
In a way, nothing really changed.

I do agree that Jays is always the Dark Horse.

Yeah, I guess my gut feeling is if it were to happen, the sequence of events would look and feel like the fake momentum that was reported yesterday. Whispers turn to a bit of a circus, turns into media overdrive, turns into reality. That overwhelming momentum where the unexpected thing happens... from a quiet, dead stop nothing happening, I guess it's just hard to imagine it'll be Toronto. Just speculating like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad