OT: The Movie/TV/Streaming Thread

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
So I'm definitely way behind on this one, but on my flight home I watched a few episodes of Ted Lasso and I love it

Reactions: trostol

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast

@Amorgus I will 100% travel to see this if they open tickets to the public. I have to experience it in a crowd. This is the Grail.
Bad news...I found this when I googled for more info about possible screenings...

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
I think we can all agree that "The Pacific" was shit, especially when you take into account the expectations bred by "Band of Brothers." I'll give you something to listen for in the upcoming "Masters of the Air" - if any character says any form of the phrase "You got this," feel free to bail.

I enjoyed the Pacific. It's a different show, if you were expecting Band of Brothers, you aren't going to be satisfied. There was some of that in certain scenes/episodes but it definitely seemed more non combat scenes then Band of Brothers, They could have gotten more in depth with some of the limited combat scenes they did have.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I enjoyed the Pacific. It's a different show, if you were expecting Band of Brothers, you aren't going to be satisfied. There was some of that in certain scenes/episodes but it definitely seemed more non combat scenes then Band of Brothers, They could have gotten more in depth with some of the limited combat scenes they did have.

It was badly written and horrifically cast and acted. That was the problem.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I can’t watch anything Austin Butler is in. He’s such a mugging for the camera try hard. Even watching him make faces and try to sound cool in that Masters of the Air trailer makes me want to not watch. He’s the worst of this new generation of acclaimed actors. If he’s the villain and dies in a duel with the hero, I’ll watch. But that’s it.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Just finished season 1. Loved it.

When we talk prospects, I like to imagine we’re in a car and I’m Rust and you’re Marty.

1705476291823.gif

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Watched the new “True Detective” last night. I’ll still watch it but it looks like ass to me so far.

I might be being unfair because I hold them up compared to season 1 but none of them come even close to it.
Season 1 was ass. I don’t get the fascination for that series. Season 1 was really good until about the halfway point and then everything just fell apart

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
What’s the reading order? I’ll have to screenshot as I have a huge backlog still
Honestly? you can start with just about any of the books within a subseries. So far, I haven't come across much overlap. The Colour of Magic (Rincewind/Unseen University), Equal Rites (the Witches), Mort (Death), and Guards! Guards! (The City Watch) start the four that I've read parts of, as I've been going generally in publication order (Which starts with The Colour of Magic).

Reactions: Lord Defect

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad