The Laziest Player In The League...

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
You can still be a lazy player while throwing 2 hits a game

No. You can't throw 3600+ hits in a career and be lazy.

Your opinion and reality are mutually exclusive.

Nevermind that you misleadingly rounded 2.55 hits per game down to 2.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
No. You can't throw 3600+ hits in a career and be lazy.

Your opinion and reality are mutually exclusive.

Nevermind that you misleadingly rounded 2.55 hits per game down to 2.
My opinion is quite correct actually especially considering I was talking about the last few years and not during his prime.

2.2 hits per game does go down to about 2. And like I said...you can throw a couple hits in a game and still be lazy the rest of the game.

Reactions: sanscosm

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
My opinion is quite correct actually especially considering I was talking about the last few years and not during his prime.

2.2 hits per game does go down to about 2. And like I said...you can throw a couple hits in a game and still be lazy the rest of the game.

lol hf. Never change.

I’d say McDavid. He never plays defense, and it feels like he moves so quickly just so he has to do less later, y’know? Like “oh, if I beat the defender clean and score now that’s less effort than a physical battle and a transition the other way. I’ll score.” Just really lazy shit like that, constantly. I bet he’d prefer to win in 4 games vs. the battle of 7, which means his laziness actually affects us fans. Complete bum, him.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

NHL.com has Ovie at 3633 hits in 1426 games.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
NHL.com has Ovie at 3633 hits in 1426 games.

Wow...you know how to use the googles huh?

I SAID THE LAST FEW YEARS

lol hf. Never change.

I’d say McDavid. He never plays defense, and it feels like he moves so quickly just so he has to do less later, y’know? Like “oh, if I beat the defender clean and score now that’s less effort than a physical battle and a transition the other way. I’ll score.” Just really lazy shit like that, constantly. I bet he’d prefer to win in 4 games vs. the battle of 7, which means his laziness actually affects us fans. Complete bum, him.
poor muffin doesn't like that his favourite player is lazy?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Wow...you know how to use the googles huh?

I SAID THE LAST FEW YEARS

poor muffin doesn't like that his favourite player is lazy?

lol I’m not particularly a fan, I just despise nonsense. Arguing some nuanced way in which the 2nd greatest goal-scorer is lazy is.. have fun man, I am too lazy to argue ridiculousness. You win, in your head.

pi314

Jun 10, 2017
Windsor, ON
Without the puck prime Ovi would smoke anyone who'd get in his way

I've seen 100's of things like this over the years.

Uhh, no.

Look, you don't get 300 hits in a season by being lazy without the puck.

He spends most of the game floating. 1-2 hits a game don't change that.

It was his own coach Bruce Boudreau who first made me notice.

Reporter: "What did you think of Alex's play last night?"

Bruce: "He was good with the puck?"

Reporter: "Are you saying he wasn't good without the puck?"

Bruce: "He was good with the puck."

Started following his floating ways and haven't been able to unsee it since.

His own coach didn't think he was a good player without the puck. Because he's not.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I've seen 100's of things like this over the years.

He spends most of the game floating. 1-2 hits a game don't change that.

It was his own coach Bruce Boudreau who first made me notice.

Reporter: "What did you think of Alex's play last night?"

Bruce: "He was good with the puck?"

Reporter: "Are you saying he wasn't good without the puck?"

Bruce: "He was good with the puck."

Started following his floating ways and haven't been able to unsee it since.

His own coach didn't think he was a good player without the puck. Because he's not.

Ovechkin is one of the absolute greatest players of all time and an all-time legend but people are kidding themselves if they think that he's not lazy without the puck. He is the definition of a player whose entire game changes the moment the puck hits his stick. His physical play was always a bit of a mirage, as he would throw a few big hits a game but didn't consistently muck it up in the corners and drive play through the dirtier parts of the ice. As he's aged, it's become much more noticeable - going from Bobby Hull to Brett Hull on the back half of his career.

Reactions: sanscosm and pi314

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
You haven't seen lazy until you've seen Jeff Skinner on a night when he's engaged (20% of games) versus when he isn't. It's astonishing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad