The Isles Should drop the Alternate Jersey or Change it

Should the Isles drop the alternate jersey and if so, should they replace it with another option?

• Keep the current alternate jersey

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Drop the alternate jersey altogether and just keep the 2 classics

Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Fisherman as alternate

Votes: 19 51.4%
  • Go to the 1979 jerseys

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Design an all new alternate jersey

Votes: 8 21.6%

• Total voters

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
I don't live in NY, but I do get to UBS at least twice every season. It seems whenever I'm there I rarely see any fans wearing the Isles alternate jersey. It appears they don't sell many alternates, so they must not be popular with the fan base. I'm not basing this as much on opinion, but on what I notice at the games that I've been to.

Reactions: NYI365

Axe Man

Sponsor
Jul 31, 2009
Nearby
I wouldn’t mind the reverse retros as an alternate or something that has the classic logo and actually looks nice.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Not fer nuthin, what’s their record when wearing these abominations? Anecdotally seems like they lose a lot when wearing these things.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I think our current blue alt is the best alternate we've ever had. With that said, it's pretty dang boring.

I know I'm in the minority, but I am 100% in favor of a complete and total rebrand of the franchise. Sure the fishermans didn't work, but part of the reason they didn't work was because we were a disaster of a team at the time.

I envision darker "dusty/foggy" greens and blues for our main colors. I also envision bright teals, oranges and navys similar to the fisherman colors. I want to see rope texture. I want to see anchors, lighthouses, fishing boats etc.

Don't get me wrong, blue & orange are fantastic. But like I said, I want to see a rebrand. Mostly because I'm curious, and partly because I think the Isles logo/look, while classic, is incredibly boring looking.

Reactions: Throttle

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I think our current blue alt is the best alternate we've ever had. With that said, it's pretty dang boring.

I know I'm in the minority, but I am 100% in favor of a complete and total rebrand of the franchise. Sure the fishermans didn't work, but part of the reason they didn't work was because we were a disaster of a team at the time.

I envision darker "dusty/foggy" greens and blues for our main colors. I also envision bright teals, oranges and navys similar to the fisherman colors. I want to see rope texture. I want to see anchors, lighthouses, fishing boats etc.

Don't get me wrong, blue & orange are fantastic. But like I said, I want to see a rebrand. Mostly because I'm curious, and partly because I think the Isles logo/look, while classic, is incredibly boring looking.
Oh hell no

Reactions: Strummergas

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
I wouldn’t mind the reverse retros as an alternate or something that has the classic logo and actually looks nice.

They do look good. But it's so close to what we already wear. I wouldn't have minded 1 bit if we just kept the Yashin/Peca jerseys (I also liked the 4 stripe shoulder patch). As a middle aged fan, I also like that we went back to the classic look.

Still, if I had it my way, I'd do a complete rebrand. We gotta be towards the bottom of the entire league in terms of merchandise sales. A new logo/look could improve that IMO. So could a cup contending team.

Reactions: MattMartin

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
They should have just made the navy “reverse retros” the alternate. Or just do their current home jersey and make the base color orange.

It’s really not hard, but whoever is in charge of coming up with jersey designs decides they want to try to reinvent the wheel and fail miserably every time

Reactions: Axe Man

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
3 things I don't like with this alternate jersey
(a) the pilgrim
(b) orange numbers on blue background, horribly bad for the eye
(c) the "NY" logo is so much Barclays

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I actually own one but only because I found it cheap on eBay and I'm a sucker who buys most Islanders jerseys except for the current stadium series ones. I'd just make the current fisherman jersey the Alt next year as apparently Fanatics is dropping the RR program

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
The NY is in the original logo.
what? ok I was not a fan since 1972 but researching the internet I read this
New York Islanders 1972-73 - The (unofficial) NHL Uniform Database
Islanders01.png

:huh:
hm, you said "it is IN the original logo" - but come on man, you know I mean the Barclays jerseys do ONLY sport this NY sign. Everybody knows it is "in" the original, so it's needless to say it

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad