The Fate of Dubas

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I think Dubas' fate now rests on next year's playoffs..period. He has given up an awful lot of 1sts and 2nds and let players walk for free but now has to go all in while that prospect pool thins out. If he wins a couple of rounds he may keep his job.

NoTeeth

Aug 4, 2022
I think Dubas' fate now rests on next year's playoffs..period. He has given up an awful lot of 1sts and 2nds and let players walk for free but now has to go all in while that prospect pool thins out. If he wins a couple of rounds he may keep his job.

cupcrazyman2

Jul 13, 2022
Surely I can't be the only one bothered by his recent moves

Like the guy is actually wasting his time with these fringe NHLer signings Malgin, Benn, Mete

What is the game plan here? He's rounding up the roster with fringe NHLers on cheap deals and our team looks way worse on paper

I can't see him lasting till the end of the season
He's handcuffed by the contracts that were given out,his fault or not & we have little or no cap space.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Surely I can't be the only one bothered by his recent moves

Like the guy is actually wasting his time with these fringe NHLer signings Malgin, Benn, Mete

What is the game plan here? He's rounding up the roster with fringe NHLers on cheap deals and our team looks way worse on paper

I can't see him lasting till the end of the season
Nope me either. How anyone can look at the moves so far and say we're a better team is mind boggling
I'll say it again- wasting years with Dubas et al

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The funny thing is a fair amount of fans and low expectations for many of last offseasons move even Kampf, Kase and Bunting. Some even questioned if the latter two would make the regular lineup.

Reactions: Dekes For Days

NoTeeth

Aug 4, 2022
He's handcuffed by the contracts that were given out,his fault or not & we have little or no cap space.
So same as 90% of the NHL? I don't think this team should have any cap space given the talent.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
The funny thing is a fair amount of fans and low expectations for many of last offseasons move even Kampf, Kase and Bunting. Some even questioned if the latter two would make the regular lineup.
Those guys had upside and specialities. This year's crop seems like cheap whoevers

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Those guys had upside and specialities. This year's crop seems like cheap whoevers

I don't think we can put a cap on the guys signed this season. Doesn't mean they're guaranteed to succeed - but I don't buy any claims we can definitely say they're going to flop either (or even perform worse than the team depth from last season).

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
I don't think we can put a cap on the guys signed this season. Doesn't mean they're guaranteed to succeed - but I don't buy any claims we can definitely say they're going to flop either (or even perform worse than the team depth from last season).

In other words, it's just a crap shoot right now, rolling the dice hoping that you come up with sixes.

Reactions: Nineteen67

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Be nice if some of these cheap bottom line roster plugs could exceed expectations. I think that’s why it’s preferable to have a prospect pipeline to top up the bottom then they will know (or should) what to expect instead of the constant roll of the dice and hope.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I predicted Bunting and Kampf would be good signings and Ritchie and Kase would be bad. Bunting exceded expectations, Kampf was pretty much what I expected, Kase is just too broken, but at least he tries and was a little better than I thought, and Ritchie was a disaster.

This year there’s more wishful thinking and hope, but I predict Samsonov will be better than expected, I get the feeling Murray won’t be available at the beginning of the season, Jarnkrok will fit in nicely and will play decent defensive hockey, NAK will provide energy.

Adam Gaudette sounds like someone that can keep the lights on at Motel 6. It’d be cool if was the next Mangiapane.

Theyre still over the cap and don’t have Sandin signed. Somehow they’ll fix that, but they don’t want to be situation where lineup decisions are based on the lower cap hit.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Sens now have 3 players locked in for 7/8 years. Divisional rival.

Tkachuck 8.2 AAV 7years
Norris 7.95 AAV 8 years
Stutzle 8.25 AAV 8 years

We still discussing the fate of dubas?

Last edited:
Reactions: geo25

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Sens now have 3 players locked in for 7/8 years. Divisional rival.

Tkachuck 8.2 AAV 7years
Norris 7.95 AAV 8 years
Stutzle 8.25 AAV 8 years

We still discussing the fate of dubas?
Looks like some good value there

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Looks like some good value there
I don’t think that Norris contract is gonna age well, he had a high shooting percentage and didn’t produce well at even strength. Was never projected to be a top line player as a prospect. I think he just caught lightening in a bottle in his contract year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad