OT: The Avalounge: No Politics in the Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
My old dog is officially on his last bit of life. I don’t know if tomorrow will be the day or weeks from now. He had a bunch of bad moments today and almost died in the vets arms choking on his own vomit. Prior to today, he had a really solid 3-4 weeks with only short bits of bad moments. Today was just awful. I’m hoping it was just a horrible day and tomorrow he’s better. But I know, I can’t keep him limping around and in pain if it continues. I’m utterly heartbroken at even the thought. He’s been with me my whole adult life and I really don’t know life without him.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
My old dog is officially on his last bit of life. I don’t know if tomorrow will be the day or weeks from now. He had a bunch of bad moments today and almost died in the vets arms choking on his own vomit. Prior to today, he had a really solid 3-4 weeks with only short bits of bad moments. Today was just awful. I’m hoping it was just a horrible day and tomorrow he’s better. But I know, I can’t keep him limping around and in pain if it continues. I’m utterly heartbroken at even the thought. He’s been with me my whole adult life and I really don’t know life without him.
I'm sorry to hear that :(Losing a dog is rough, basically the same as losing a family member.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Losing a dog is horrible. My condolences in advance. I was devastated when my old dog died.

My advice: wait until you're ready to get a new one. Everybody takes different lengths of time to grieve. In hindsight, I should have waited a lot longer to get my new dog, it can be tough to bond with a new pup when you're still broken up over your old one.

Reactions: henchman21

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

Oh man, so sorry to hear this. I’m sure you’ve given him a great life.

I was devastated when I was younger and we lost our family dog. Now I’m in a similar situation, where I have my own dog and she’s getting older too. They are loyal companions for sure and it hurts to see them in pain.

Reactions: henchman21

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I had to make the decision yesterday. He was just too far gone and was suffering. I’m heartbroken, but it was hopefully for the best. He was the alpha dog in the house, so the three other dogs are also a mess.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
So sorry to hear @henchman24

I was told before getting my dog about how much love you two will share and you dont realize how true that is until you have a dog as a pet. This past wednesday my dog got loose and got hit by a SUV going 60 km/h, happened right in front of me and I thought he was dead until I looked up to get myself off the busy street and he was looking around. Somehow he walked away with very minor injuries to his liver only.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I'm not a cycling fan, but this situation that took place at the Tour de France is pretty insane.

Here is a list of some of the injuries from that crash:

Image from iOS.jpg

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012

I was told before getting my dog about how much love you two will share and you dont realize how true that is until you have a dog as a pet. This past wednesday my dog got loose and got hit by a SUV going 60 km/h, happened right in front of me and I thought he was dead until I looked up to get myself off the busy street and he was looking around. Somehow he walked away with very minor injuries to his liver only.

Damn you are lucky! Glad your pup made it through!

On the love of a dog, yeah you really don't know until you have a dog attach to you. They are some of the kindest and warmest creatures on earth. Years ago I rescued a puppy who was 18 weeks that went to a bad home. She was abused by her owner, beat for anything she did wrong, never got any good attention, always locked up, etc. She had a crappy life from 8-18 weeks. I took her as a foster, but quickly realized she had too many issues to really release her to anybody else. She attached to me right away and the bond we share is likely stronger than with anybody or anything else in the world (including my wife :laugh:). This whole weekend, she was around me constantly. When I was breaking down she was by my side or trying to get me to hold her for comfort. All she wanted is for me to be better. Even while she is going through her own grief. Which was evident when I left the living room for a moment and she went over to the old dog's bed. Sniffed it, rubbed her head on it and whined. Which broke me and she quickly put her own grief aside to help me.

Also, who is cutting onions over here?

Mrs. RL & I are at the hospital. When we leave, it will be with Baby RL in our arms.

Congrats!!!

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine

I was about to be so mad at you for sharing this...thank god he's OK! That's insane, really. I simply cannot imagine seeing my dog getting hit and dying, though.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
Mrs & Baby RL are doing great! He is sleeping the day away, his old man is already jealous of that.

Welcome to the world little man.
Congrats! Hope you named your baby after the best poster on here

G2P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad