Streaming Service

ElmCityGuy

Apr 20, 2023
It doesn't matter who you were saying it to. You say "F-You" to a person on the phone, whether you are aiming it at them or the company as a whole, you are going to get hung up on. It's clearly your choice to interact with people on the phone as you see fit, but don't get upset if you get hung up on for acting that way.

While I have zero love for cable companies and agree with you that I also have zero issues finding alternatives (I spent 5 years with the cord cut before moving into a neighborhood where we have a bulk deal), A lot of that is now being driven by the providers these days.. A friend of mine worked in the industry and gave me a lot of insight into this (at the time it was when there was an impasse between Spectrum and Disney/ABC/ESPN last year).

He explained that as soon as a provider has a hit show, they immediately jack up the price to the cable companies and force them to take a full package of channels, thus increasing their revenue and the cable companies cost. He said the classic example was the Walking Dead. Became insanely popular and suddenly AMC was jacking up the price considerably and forcing cable companies to take on some of their lesser known/less popular stations.

And once a show is no longer popular, they don't ever lower prices, at least not back to what they once were. With all the streaming options, they have the cable companies over a barrel and they know it.

Which is why cable TV is going to eventually be extinct. It's not a sustainable business model.
I wasn't saying f-you to anyone on the phone.. that is my point. Not upset I was hung up on.. just telling what happened.

Thanks for all the info everyone has provided.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad