Series Talk: Stanley Cup Playoffs 2024

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Cole is hurting the Nucks more than the Oilers
One of the best things Bowen Byram ever did was convince the team to keep him on the roster with his play so that they had to dump Cole on the Wylde for Greg Pateryn.

Cole had like, one reasonably good year for the Avs, then he got double hip surgery and he’s sucked ever since.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
One of the best things Bowen Byram ever did was convince the team to keep him on the roster with his play so that they had to dump Cole on the Wylde for Greg Pateryn.

Cole had like, one reasonably good year for the Avs, then he got double hip surgery and he’s sucked ever since.
He shat where he ate in Carolina. Imagine if MacDermid was boning Keefer. It would be a distraction and the Avs would have no choice but to trade his... HEY!!

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
He shat where he ate in Carolina. Imagine if MacDermid was boning Keefer. It would be a distraction and the Avs would have no choice but to trade his... HEY!!
IMG_2783.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Phil Raitt

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
No no, that part is all good.

What the f*** was that about MacDermid and Keefer?
It was an admittedly weak-ass attempt at using surrealist iconoclastic humor to explain that even dating a coworker much less having an affair with one is worse than an own goal and should be a complete taboo. There is absolutely nothing good to come from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkT and MacKaRant

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
not sure drai setting up Ceci is the smart move there lol. Just shoot, not that I’m complaining…

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
He looks so dominant with the puck in the offensive zone.

I just can't believe Cale Makar looks the way he does IF he's not hurt. He has to be hurt. Otherwise this would be the fastest regression in the history of a superstar IMO.
Yah something is off with Cale and I have to think its an injury. The offense is there but defensively its like he swapped brains with Ian Cole

Thats like RNH first 5 v 5 goal since February or something haha

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
He looks so dominant with the puck in the offensive zone.

I just can't believe Cale Makar looks the way he does IF he's not hurt. He has to be hurt. Otherwise this would be the fastest regression in the history of a superstar IMO.
I know we talk about the fall of Makar, but...he did tie his record for games played this season with 77 and also set a new personal record for points.

I think what has been most disappointing for me this season is how much more Cale appeared to be too willing to not be the main character. However, I just took a little brief look at the numbers and came up with this....
SeasonTOIGPGAPtsxGF%HDCF%MDCF%LDCF%
2021-20221571:277728588656.7853.8060.4354.63
2023-20241394:277721699053.5754.2556.8454.98

His shooting percentage has dropped from 11.7% to 9.1%. The eye test this season led me to believe I would see a larger discrepancy in these numbers. Am I mis-remember 2021-22 and guilty of building a legend of Makar that is actually larger than what he actually did?

Last edited:

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I know we talk about the fall of Makar, but...he did tie his record for games played this season with 77 and also set a new personal record for points.

I think what has been most disappointing for me this season is how much more Cale appeared to be too willing to not be the main character. However, I just took a little brief look at the numbers and came up with this....
SeasonGPGAPtsxGF%
2021-20227728588656.78
2023-20247721699055.35

His shooting percentage has dropped from 11.7% to 9.1%, his xGF%, which I'm using as a stand-in for generally playing the right way, went down a single percentage point and change. The eye test this season led me to believe I would see a larger discrepancy in these numbers. Am I mis-remember 2021-22 and guilty of building a legend of Makar that is actually larger than what he actually did?
Makars defensive game this season was and still is abysmal. Thats the thing I dont get. His offensive numbers are great but defensively this season he just seems lost and confused. I was never Gustav Forsling good defensively but he was still better than average there. This season hes looked like Andre Benoit defensively alot of times.

Reactions: MarkT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad