Confirmed with Link: Spencer Knight signs 3yr/$4.5 mil AAV extension

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002

14.5M$ in two goalies after this season???

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
A little more than I thought he'd get but this allows the Bob deal to be dealt with in a couple years.

This is comparable to Otter in DAL and Ned in DET.

Good for Spence, gets paid and knows that type of money brings some added expectations and responsibilities his way the next few years.

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
Paying for potential, but still somewhat a bridge deal. I have no issues with it. If he takes over for Bob by the end of it, it's money well spent. If not, we'll know what we have and can get other options.

Reactions: Great8Cam

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Thankfully Lundell and Luostar are cheap, think you'll see a fair bit of money moved out next year in Duke, Gudas may not be back and some of these tweeners guys will have to fill roles, Hepo, Deni and the D guys like Kiersted, Ludvig etc to offset it?

Still think its the end of 2023-24 when Bob is gone, the NMC becomes limited and the money drops off big time.

14.5M$ in two goalies after this season???

Seems like an overpayment... 14.5mm in goalies for 3 years is absurd

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
You really have to think this is Bobs last year in Florida with Spencer contract
2024 makes more sense which is the main reason I don't get this. I'm not freaking out but just feels like they could have gotten him cheaper considering he's not going to be playing much (unless Bob sucks, but he deserves the lion share of the starts this year).

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
2024 makes more sense which is the main reason I don't get this. I'm not freaking out but just feels like they could have gotten him cheaper considering he's not going to be playing much (unless Bob sucks, but he deserves the lion share of the starts this year).

Their goaltending(contracts) will really affect how they can retool their lineup next season.

They need 2 quality Dmen+ a quality depth forward in my mind.

This really has a chance to go either way

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
That's a bit high though...

Only reason I can think of... Because that's a bit steep for what he's shown so far. Still think he'll be good, but guys like Hart or Oettinger who have a better track record and similar potential getting paid $4M in less tax friendly jurisdictions.
Hart hasn't been really good though

Only reason I can think of... Because that's a bit steep for what he's shown so far. Still think he'll be good, but guys like Hart or Oettinger who have a better track record and similar potential getting paid $4M in less tax friendly jurisdictions.
Hart hasn't been really good though

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Was expecting around 2.5per, maybe 3 on the slightly higher end at this point, not 4per, was also expecting the bridge deal after we actually see how he does this season, as last season wasn’t all that great. Seems like an over payment, not terrible or anything but not exactly happy about it either. Not yet, at least. Typically prefer paying guys once the play out their contracts. The only one I’d like to lock up ahead of time honestly is Forsling but pretty much everyone else I’d prefer they play out their contract and evaluate from there

Reactions: I am not exposed

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
This is kinda Tallon esque signing and starting to make me worry. 2.5-3M should been the market value. More than Oettinger makes

Reactions: I am not exposed

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I'm actually shocked at the mainboards, why I typically don't read threads. Did we kill someone? We struggled against a crappy Caps team and got demolished by Tampa. Is Huberdeau and Weegar that beloved? Never seen it like this. Would have loved to earn the hate at least lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad