Injury Report: Souray out 4-6 months

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Hampus Lindholm, come on down!

I kind of want to laugh, because Souray just can't ****ing stay healthy... but this is a big blow.

Theridion

May 11, 2002
Orange, CA
Well. Sheldons goina be well rested for the playoffs.

In future concern, he might have just lost his slapshot. But i want him physical more than i think i want his shot.

Lindholm and vatanen... welcome. Your roster spots are open.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
fowler-beauchemin pair now?

Beauch also might miss the beginning of the season because of the ACL tear. I know it sounds crazy, but right now we're looking at:

Fowler-Lovejoy
Lindholm-Sbisa
Allen-Vatanen
Fistric

...for opening night...yikes.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
He will be on LTIR, We save some money.

But we lose a top 4 defenseman, and #3 on our depth chart. Our blue line just isn't deep enough to not be healthy.

This is exactly why I had an issue with the 3 year term.

On the plus side, this is a perfect opportunity for Vatanen to show his stuff. Souray was his biggest obstacle to a spot on the 1st unit. This could also be an opportunity for Lindholm, unless Murray goes out and tries to pick up another top 4 guy.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Well, the kids are going to lead us to fame or famine. Expecting a step back for sure.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
But we lose a top 4 defenseman, and #3 on our depth chart. Our blue line just isn't deep enough to not be healthy.

This is exactly why I had an issue with the 3 year term.

Dont worry, Lindholm will be his replacement and souray will be bought out or traded.. This injury might be detrimental to souray..

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
When is Beauch expected to return?

Not sure. I haven't heard an update, but after the playoffs ended, I remeber Stephens saying that Beauchemin was questionable for the start of this season. Hopefully he recovers in time...we need him bad now.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Dont worry, Lindholm will be his replacement and souray will be bought out or traded.. This injury might be detrimental to souray..

I'm as high on Lindholm as anyone, but let's be real here: He's 19 years old, and has no NHL experience. Can we really expect him to replace Souray?

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I'm as high on Lindholm as anyone, but let's be real here: He's 19 years old, and has no NHL experience. Can we really expect him to replace Souray?

Yes you can..Trust me on this.. Hes 19 yes.. but hes built for this league. Main thing that concerns me is the amount of contact he can take.. Hes had 2 concussion in the past 4 years I think..

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I still have no faith in Sbisa to be a top 4 D. I hope he proves me wrong, but he hasn't shown signs of development in a while. In fact he got worse last year. An already questionable defense just got much more questionable. Hiller/Fasth and the offense will have to carry us for the first couple months

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Yes you can..Trust me on this.. Hes 19 yes.. but hes built for this league. Main thing that concerns me is the amount of contact he can take.. Hes had 2 concussion in the past 4 years I think..

I'm as high on Lindholm as anyone, but your expectations are not realistic. If he plays as well as you're suggesting, he'd be challenging for the Calder.

Don't get me wrong, I think Lindholm has the potential to be a terrific defenseman, but this would be his first season and you're expecting him to replace a veteran who was one of our best last season.

I still have no faith in Sbisa to be a top 4 D. I hope he proves me wrong, but he hasn't shown signs of development in a while. In fact he got worse last year. An already questionable defense just got much more questionable. Hiller/Fasth and the offense will have to carry us for the first couple months

It's no secret that I've questioned how good Sbisa can be for a while now, but he definitely has the talent to be a top 4 guy. It's the mental part that I don't know about. He seems to get tunnel vision, and he makes some truly stupid decisions. We definitely need him to figure it out, because losing Souray will hurt.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Well, we're definitely going to be seeing a whole lot of Sami Vatanen, for better or worse. Have to think he's going to be the number 1 option on the PP with Fowler for sure now. Will be interesting to see how he handles this amazing opportunity.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It's no secret that I've questioned how good Sbisa can be for a while now, but he definitely has the talent to be a top 4 guy. It's the mental part that I don't know about. He seems to get tunnel vision, and he makes some truly stupid decisions. We definitely need him to figure it out, because losing Souray will hurt.

I'm with ya Soj. I hope he does figure it out because he's very talented. I just want to see it before I believe it though...He hasn't put it together yet so it doesn't really give me a reason to believe this year will be his year. Big year for him...hope he's training his ass off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad