Čerešňák - Fehérváry
Nemec - Ivan
Grman - Koch
Gajdoš - Golian

no report on who the starter is going to be

Reactions: HabsQC and VILPERI

PapaQ

Jun 18, 2010
I am not sure what to do with that 1st line. I tried to change the lines up a bit, but there is no player that would fit with Cehlarik + Hrivik without kind of breaking the chemistry in the other lines. So it might be best stick with Slaf and hope for the best.

PapaQ

Jun 18, 2010
This roster seems crippled, even though its just 1 player out. Not enough quality centers for first 2 lines. At this point, I would just stick to the original lineup with first line Cehlarik - Hrivik - Slaf.
Still think they could have tried one of the young guys Dvorsky/Honzek/Mesar as 2-3 line C.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
well QF was main goal but right now it looks like its a ceiling for this team.

last two games extremely disappointing in terms of perfomance and it looks like there is not everything ok within the team.

we are desperately in need of new coaching staff.

i will be cheering for the team againts Canada, but at this point i am not expecting anything.

Reactions: Pomee and Czechboy

PapaQ

Jun 18, 2010
We need centers and some natural goal scorers/sniper types. The fact that semi injured Hrivik had to center the first line speak for itself. I hope Ruzicka gets his shit together next season and for goodness sakes, get Dvorsky/Mesar/Honzek involved with the team already.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
We need centers and some natural goal scorers/sniper types. The fact that semi injured Hrivik had to center the first line speak for itself. I hope Ruzicka gets his shit together next season and for goodness sakes, get Dvorsky/Mesar/Honzek involved with the team already.
agreed, players from draft classes 2022 and 2023 need to be process into the roster over next year or two.. i would add Mišiak, Pekarčík, Štrbák, Petrovský too.

like i said before, its gona take couple years until we can actually talk about medals, atleast on this tournament.. i think our depth is good, with better coaching staff we could maybe done some upset in QF but until some changes that QF is going to be ceiling no matter the roster.. Ramsays "handwriting" dissapered since the last year WC when useless diletants like Frühauf and Podkonický got into coaching staff and took responsibilities for tactics in Šatans effort to make them Ramsays succesors.

i hope they are all gone, we need fresh air and new ideas.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
after this year that Fischer rumour from last year doesnt sound like a bad idea. :D i always liked the way his Swiss team play and it looks like tactically he also learned a lot especially from last years upset.. but i guess we are going have Ramsay for another year, standing there doing nothing with those two clowns beside him and best PPs our NT has ever seen.

Goose The Cat

May 22, 2023
after this year that Fischer rumour from last year doesnt sound like a bad idea. :D i always liked the way his Swiss team play and it looks like tactically he also learned a lot especially from last years upset.. but i guess we are going have Ramsay for another year, standing there doing nothing with those two clowns beside him and best PPs our NT has ever seen.
We can't afford Fischer. lol

And it seems that a lot of Swiss people really hate that he's still their coach. They don't like him at all and I'm starting to see why. I did think about him last year, but I don't want him anymore.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
We can't afford Fischer. lol

And it seems that a lot of Swiss people really hate that he's still their coach. They don't like him at all and I'm starting to see why. I did think about him last year, but I don't want him anymore.
yea, money is the real problem since forever and that holds everything back... you read everywhere like everyone is building new arenas and us? nothing.. only one 10 000+ arena is absolutely bizzare for hockey country, i dont expect to have many of them but at least 2-3 would be fine, so we can also again host Worlds.

we finally have again great prospects pool but state of our hockey is seriously sad.. no new arenas, no good coaches (maybe Országh and Tartal?), our league is stagnating or even getting slightly worse and continuous disagreements between federation and clubs.

Reactions: Pazucha

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
yea, money is the real problem since forever and that holds everything back... you read everywhere like everyone is building new arenas and us? nothing.. only one 10 000+ arena is absolutely bizzare for hockey country, i dont expect to have many of them but at least 2-3 would be fine, so we can also again host Worlds.

we finally have again great prospects pool but state of our hockey is seriously sad.. no new arenas, no good coaches (maybe Országh and Tartal?), our league is stagnating or even getting slightly worse and continuous disagreements between federation and clubs.
Apparently we want to bid for 2029, we'd need a new 12K+ arena though. Either Kosice builds a new one, or Nitra does. The issue is obviously who's going to pay for it..

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Apparently we want to bid for 2029, we'd need a new 12K+ arena though. Either Kosice builds a new one, or Nitra does. The issue is obviously who's going to pay for it..
Bratislava is the best place to play WHC tournament for Finland. Not because we have won 2 golds there or anything.. ;)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Czechboy and kudla

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
Košice are big enough (239 000) but so far away with no highway there (from Bratislava) which could be again problematic..

Nitra sounds good, close to Bratislava but i think 12 000 arena is too big for that city (77 000 people).

i still dont understand why they build just 10 000 arena in Bratislava before our first hosting, was is time or money issue? Bratislava is perfect for 12 000 maybe even 13 000 arena.. then for Nitra even 9000 would be enough.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Košice are big enough (239 000) but so far away with no highway there (from Bratislava) which could be again problematic..

Nitra sounds good, close to Bratislava but i think 12 000 arena is too big for that city (77 000 people).

i still dont understand why they build just 10 000 arena in Bratislava before our first hosting, was is time or money issue? Bratislava is perfect for 12 000 maybe even 13 000 arena.. then for Nitra even 9000 would be enough.

There was talk about new arena in Banska Bystrica - Zvolen region.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Nitra is the most deserving city to get a new arena but the city cant support word cup lets be honest.

Also any arena above 7k would probably hurt them more than help in the long run.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
Nitra is the most deserving city to get a new arena but the city cant support word cup lets be honest.

Also any arena above 7k would probably hurt them more than help in the long run.
8000-9000 arena there is capable of surviving, Nitra has lot of fans even from surrounding smaller cities/villages so that wouldnt be a problem.

i agree with them probably not being able support Worlds as a city though.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia

Sure, the city would need a couple new hotels, even now without a hockey tournament. The accommodation choices there are abysmal for visitors to trade shows/ dog shows at Agrokomplex.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad