Post-Game Talk: Skinner just had his Grant Fuhr moment

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
He did. And got us Vinny too. And got us Bear which got us Foegele. And Jones which got us Kieth for one year.

Drafting under Chia was loads better than under Holland. Although I’m not sure who to credit? Maybe it was Bob green who was there through the whole tenure. Or Hollands dumbass move of bringing in Wright reducing Greens say in the room.
Holland is better at trades and Chia bettter draft team . Does the sound about right?

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
well got my 1 hr nap and now at work. Its been mentioned before but man , Vinny D is Da Man. How many times did he deflect pucks, get in lanes, block passes and get rid of puck in our end? What a beast. Nurse had a great game as well. Should I dare to say we have a capable NHL defence? All the D played great last night. 1000 bonus points and free liquor and whores to all the D

Gordian Knot

Jul 3, 2016
LA gave everything they had in tank and couldn't muster even one goal. They looked lifeless in the final 3 minutes. Closer to 2-0 than 1-1.

Great team effort from our boys and Stu kept pucks out from the net while Big Save Dave didn't catch the Bouchbomb.

Finalize series at home in 5.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Desharnais reminded me of Rod Langway tonight he was phenom
wow, havent heard that name in a long time. Langway was a great Dman in his day. Remember watching him play in AHL with Nova Scotia Voyageurs. Dave Lumely also played on that team.

I remember u dressing like this in Liverpool going to hockey games

Gazdic is a really good analyst, wish SN would use him in more games.
agreed
Like him and Bieska
Not a fan of Singer. Would prefer someone else on play by play

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Oiler hater tears are almost as sweet as the win. Haha Leafs fans trying to rationalize how they are better is a meme. That's like multidimensional levels of cognitive dissonance, Dr Strange couldn't even diagnose them.
I love Toronto sucking in all sports. I know Im suppose to cheer for the Jays because of the Canadian thing but I cant. I'll wait for the Expos to return.
You know what I like about Toronto?
Absolutely nothing. Not a Fuking thing

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Straight up I had a weird sense of calm in the 3rd. Only when they pulled the goalie did I start to worry a little. This team has a completely different feel to it and calm from years past.
Its funny, last year we were scared to have Vinny out there in crucial times. Fast forward to this year, I'm at ease when he is out there. Vinny gets the job done. Good job Paul Coffey

The haters have already pivoted it to "whatabout only 13 shots", though
same ones who wanted Pickard in for GM 3. Can we bar them?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I noticed a mod has the username SoundwaveIsCharisma. What does that mean?

Soundwave is now a mod? I have him blocked so the threads when we lose are not his personal manifestos anymore but some semblance of conversation. I suppose he hasn’t posted here in several days.

I love Toronto sucking in all sports. I know Im suppose to cheer for the Jays because of the Canadian thing but I cant. I'll wait for the Expos to return.
You know what I like about Toronto?
Absolutely nothing. Not a Fuking thing

Toronto could get hit by a meteor and I’d strangely be ok with that.

Listening to Gazdic... they should have him as colour instead of Debrusk. f*** outta here with the "big save dave" Louie...

After last night should call him One Less Save.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Can that meteorite hit Parliament when JT is in there lying to Canadians. IS that too much to ask

@5 Mins 4 Ftg
now u know why I get so worked up when people group us in NS with people from Toronto as being from the East. Yes, we are from the East, but we are East of Toronto. Toronto is their own identity . They can have themselves. Montreal is a much better city

Soundwave is now a mod? I have him blocked so the threads when we lose are not his personal manifestos anymore but some semblance of conversation. I suppose he hasn’t posted here in several days.

Toronto could get hit by a meteor and I’d strangely be ok with that.

After last night should call him One Less Save.
Im actually bored. Im gonna go read the Kings and Leafs boards in Loserville.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Some interesting comments in Kings board. Very uneducated in hockey. One person was saying our defence and goaltending is the worst in the league and we are a 1 person team. Hmmmm, did they watch this series at all? Did they watch this game? Besides GM 2, this series could be over.
One comment was funny though I must say

thought I watched the Wizard of Oz tonight.

Dubois - no heart
Fiala - no brain
Hiller - no courage.

Yep the whole cast was there

PLD sucks. Looks good on them for this signing

TheGingaNinja

Edmonton Ex-Pat who still loves his hometown team.
Sep 26, 2019
We can light up the score sheet, we can win in the trenches and get great goaltending. We have had an answer all series. Love to see it.

Some nights the offense just isn't gonna click, and it's nice to know that they can bear down and grind it out when that happens. Stuart just doing Stuie things. Great game from him. They gave up a fair bit of shots, but minimized the HDSC, odd man rushes and own zone giveaways. Stu mopped up the rest.

Perused the Kings forum, and what a different vibe. Super fatalistic. My favorite post though: :laugh:

I thought I watched the Wizard of Oz tonight.

Dubois - no heart
Fiala - no brain
Hiller - no courage.

Yep the whole cast was there

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Was right about this one. Would be the hardest contested game of the series, both teams all business and an impeccable defensive display. NO EV goals allowed by either team and only a PP wins it.

Best ever game by Stuart Skinner. But the Oilers flexing a different muscle you didn't expect tonight.

Classic 1-0 win on the road.

None of you are going to be able to sleep for hours. heh
Funny, I went to bed after the PP goal. I slept surprisingly well. lol I had the weird feeling we'd somehow win.

That was easily the most important win of the year. Going back home with a 3-1 lead is so much better than having LA tie it. Skinner, from what I'm hearing was awesome last night. He really saved our bacon.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
So I'm gonna share my thoughts on the game:

-We all knew this was going to be a desperation game for LA, with them flying at us with hits, shots, and hoping we would fall over eventually. The difference in this year vs other years? We don't do that now. Knob played this game exactly how it was written. If you remember in the beginning of the season, he stated that there was one fundamental Edmonton didn't have, and that was play defensively when we need to, and we struggled with that for years. Today's game was proof we can play defensive/wear-down hockey if we need to.

-Yes, our Offense was less to be desired about, but the real win was not letting LA get anything in the net. As soon as I saw we scored 1, I knew we would shut things down and just hope and wait for LA to make some mistakes that could lead to another goal. As much as this game would be 'boring', it definitely made me feel confident that we can play 2 different style of games at will.

-Game 5 will be key for us to win and eliminate LA, and I really feel since we shut them out, we now have them mentally, which means I am confident we will score early in Game 5 and the offense will light them up. We know this team can score tons of goals, and Game 4 was more a test of mental preparedness than trying to outscore your opponent. Wednesday should be a VERY fun game!

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
LA did something tonight most teams don’t do. They actually alternated between a 1-3-1 and a more aggressive 2-1-2/1-2-2.

It caught the Oilers off guard and they didn’t know how to break out the puck.
They’ve been doing this most games. They alternate depending on the current match up
It seems. I’m not smart enough to figure out the pattern though.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
View attachment 861610
Absolutely f***ing textbook. Team looked great.

Bravo.
Team looked very far from great but playoff victories aren't always picassos so you take it and run. They outplayed L.A. pretty badly in the first 3 so they were due for a real grinder.

In a way though, they needed a game like this with Skinner stealing it. Could be a huge confidence boost for him as he was a little wobbly in the games at Rogers.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
441C0CAE-CC4D-4FE9-AC37-DFDE26892E7C.gif

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Full disclosure, I was suggesting that the coaching staff consider a goalie change after game 2. I was somewhat on the fence, but I was leaning that they do so to help him reset mentally and calm the waters in net. When they came back with him I was sceptical at puck drop. The initial trend in Skinners play off work certainly wasn’t upward.

But full props to Stu Skinner, he has come to play in the last 2 games. The coaches stuck with their guy and it paid off so far. If he can continue to build on this and fine tune the details of his game as they proceed through the grind of the Playoffs he will be deserved of all accolades that come his way.

Well done Stu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad