Post-Game Talk: Skinner just had his Grant Fuhr moment

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
For sure. The interference on McDavid and the pitchfork on Kane were most certainly way more egregious than the Englund penalty. But they didn't want to call anything. After the Englund call I believe they were going to pinch the Oilers on the first thing they could, then Hudson Bay rules here we come.

Another thing too is Janmark got high sticked immediately after with no subsequent call. At the end of the day a black and white penalty did occur, just the wrong one got called.

If foegele has another shit game, bring in brown for him

He was probably the only guy on the roster that was habitually mismanaging the puck in Game 4.

Kind of forgot about him with all the good that was going on, but I agree that he shouldn't be on a long leash if the puck management doesn't improve. I do think he has done a really good job on the kill though.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
A series vs LA Kings and Will Feral sightings over two home games only 1/6hrs. Great success!

hahaha

he didn't even have face paint on. he was as prepared for this series as the Kings were.

Kings scored only 1G in two home games in series and had nothing on PP. Not much cheering going on. Do kings even have a goal song anymore?
lol, I snickered to myself when I saw Ferrell looking and acting like a regular fan instead of the jackass he was the last couple years.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
As soon as the playoffs hit, Foegele disappears. Moving him to the fourth line and Holloway up to the third is great. Make Foegele earn his way back up the lineup.

I really enjoy Knobloauch's lineup adjustments. He wasn't afraid to pull Carrick (who was dead weight), then moved Kane up and now moving Foegele down in favour of Holloway.

Enough depth that the players get moved out of plumb spots if they don' t play well.

Reactions: capazzo

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
if we go deep into the playoffs we are really going need McLeod playing well to have a chance against the colorado/Dallas/florida/carolina/New York teams
When Woodcroft matched McLoead against Eichel, Eichel could get nothing going. It's when Woody moved away from that matchup that Eichel line destroyed the Oilers

Hm like I said all year, I thought Mcleod would be good at 3C for us. Maybe won’t light the lamp or punish guys on the forecheck but he’ll win his minutes at possession and being always effective and responsible defensively.

Didn’t really think we needed a 3C with Mcleod around. And now we’re playing our “3C” Henrique as a Top 6 wing instead of just getting a natural top 6 wing. Oh well, either way this teams a wagon.
Good call on McLeod.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007

This is interesting.

I knew Foegele was going to get bumped down. My guess he is a scratch, again in the playoffs, for Brown.

As soon as the playoffs hit, Foegele disappears. Moving him to the fourth line and Holloway up to the third is great. Make Foegele earn his way back up the lineup.

I really enjoy Knobloauch's lineup adjustments. He wasn't afraid to pull Carrick (who was dead weight), then moved Kane up and now moving Foegele down in favour of Holloway.
Foegele plays jr hockey in the NHL. He can get away with it in the regular season (he did this year) but his play just doesn't work in the playoffs. For such a big body and a strong skater with a great shot, he plays with blinders on.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
A series vs LA Kings and Will Feral sightings over two home games only 1/6hrs. Great success!

hahaha

he didn't even have face paint on. he was as prepared for this series as the Kings were.

Kings scored only 1G in two home games in series and had nothing on PP. Not much cheering going on. Do kings even have a goal song anymore?
Kings goal song

Section337

Jul 7, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Every Oiler commentator including Gazdic and Brown and Strudwick all thought it was soft. If that was a bear hug, this guy did it.
So are half the horizontal stick hookings in the league, where a guy feels it and clenches it to his body. Here McLeod went to the boards with a guy with no stick, drew a quick reach and got the penalty. Would it have been as big a deal if the one Oiler penalty in the game was from one of those hooks?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
So are half the horizontal stick hookings in the league, where a guy feels it and clenches it to his body. Here McLeod went to the boards with a guy with no stick, drew a quick reach and got the penalty. Would it have been as big a deal if the one Oiler penalty in the game was from one of those hooks?
I am debate that it was a soft call. That is what it was. If you want to call that shit in the playoffs, then we would have 10 PP each team per game. Helps us, but I don't think that is what we want.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I just fundamentally disagree. Ceci has limits to his game, but he looked borderline all season, however in the playoffs he's given the team solid play overall.

You can not like him, but still admit he's played reasonably well.

Josh Archibald SUCKS as actually playing hockey, so he's pretty useless on the whole. He's basically Adam Erne level, with less size and talent, but more speed.

Ceci isn't getting scratched.
Archibald's hitting was his calling card 192 in 52GP his last full season with Oilers. He was also fairly productive for a 13min/game player with no PP time.
That one penalty and covid actions tainted him forever but as a player he was no worse than who we have in out bottom 6 at them moment. Ryan, Perry, MacLeod, Foegele, Brown , Gagner are a whole lot of meh.
Archi's stats from when he was getting all that TOI make him much better than Erne as an NHLer. You could've picked 10 other players to define SUCKS because we certainly had plenty of them. Bottom line is that Ceci does not suck and Knob isn't stupid.

Reactions: K1984

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Wow. Auston still stuck on the pooper?
Rumour has it’s a spleen issue. He’ll be out until the start of next season.

Trust the TMLs to not figure out how to work LTIR. ;)

(Of course I’m kidding I have zero sense what his issue is other than he’s not a player to build a team around. Charmin poster boy).

• Haha
Reactions: oobga

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
Archibald's hitting was his calling card 192 in 52GP his last full season with Oilers. He was also fairly productive for a 13min/game player with no PP time.
That one penalty and covid actions tainted him forever but as a player he was no worse than who we have in out bottom 6 at them moment. Ryan, Perry, MacLeod, Foegele, Brown , Gagner are a whole lot of meh.
Archi's stats from when he was getting all that TOI make him much better than Erne as an NHLer. You could've picked 10 other players to define SUCKS because we certainly had plenty of them. Bottom line is that Ceci does not suck and Knob isn't stupid.

McLeod is far from meh.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Rumour has it’s a spleen issue. He’ll be out until the start of next season.

Trust the TMLs to not figure out how to work LTIR. ;)

(Of course I’m kidding I have zero sense what his issue is other than he’s not a player to build a team around. Charmin poster boy).
Ate too much cheap macaroni or rotten chips, or whatever he was advertising.

McLeod is far from meh.

He was a VERY bad player, cardio and hits isn't hockey. He was just awful.
I think he was fine the first season, but kind of faded. Was physical and had good speed, but was smallish and inconsistent. Hi NHL career did not last one season after the Oilers did not extend him.

Reactions: ujju2

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
He was a VERY bad player, cardio and hits isn't hockey. He was just awful.
I really don't know what to say when some Archibald fan tries to talk up his hitting. He was a blackhile offensively and defensively and occasionally threw a hit.

I always say if all you bring to a game is hitting its like trying to intimidate an Olympic swimmer saying the pool is going to be really deep.

Yeah all of these guys have been getting hit since they're 10 years old they're not going to worry about Josh Archibald.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Toronto media: "Auston Matthews...blah blah Maples Leafs looking for their first Stanley Cup since 1967 blah blah blah Auston Matthews took a shit this morning. His return is a game time decision...
He just doesn't look like a guy big on personal hygiene. That greasy mustache doesn't help.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad