OT - NO POLITICS SIX MORE WEEKS OF WINTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
On the phone right now with the attorney general’s office. Live nation sent me a 1099k with completely wrong numbers. WAY overcharged. Didn’t even come close to what they are saying. Time to raise hell
My best friend got some BS 1099K from Paypal last week. They told her that she collected payments as a business when the transactions in her account clearly said friends and family.. Interestingly it had her name on it but the wrong social security number. Paypal was less than helpful and refused to put anything in writing. The IRS has guidance on its website on how to zero it out.

Good luck to you!

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Could you just contact LN first and have them send an updated form?
These companies are pissed the new tax rules were pushed back a year so they are in no hurry to fix anything and refuse to put things in writing. The rep at paypal told my friend to suck it up and that it was the law and she couldn't help her and hung up on her.

The AG is not going to tolerate this crap especially from Live Nation. That office got absoluutely crushed with complaints after the TSwift debacle.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
On a related note, since all the W2s went out employees who don't know how the tax code works after all the reforms that just went into place are complaining nonstop. The system didn't withhold federal for a lot of employees, largely because of their filing status and number of dependents. But they're so used to the old tax structure where more was withheld upfront and they get a return that now they're realizing that little to nothing was withheld upfront and now they may have to pay in on the backend and they're whining like it's our fault or we did something wrong. It's all automated by the payroll system. They're mad they won't get a return, and I'm like, you've had that money all along, you just got it up front.

Reactions: BMC and Kovi

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
On a related note, since all the W2s went out employees who don't know how the tax code works after all the reforms that just went into place are complaining nonstop. The system didn't withhold federal for a lot of employees, largely because of their filing status and number of dependents. But they're so used to the old tax structure where more was withheld upfront and they get a return that now they're realizing that little to nothing was withheld upfront and now they may have to pay in on the backend and they're whining like it's our fault or we did something wrong. It's all automated by the payroll system. They're mad they won't get a return, and I'm like, you've had that money all along, you just got it up front.
SOOOO many people don't understand not just the tax code, but how taxes (I edited my original typo of "takes", but that word certainly seems appropriate as well) work at even the most basic level.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
The days of massive refunds are over

Reactions: BMC and McGarnagle

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
BCA7830B-3FC4-4F4E-971F-3F510A69E43C.jpeg

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
My best friend got some BS 1099K from Paypal last week. They told her that she collected payments as a business when the transactions in her account clearly said friends and family.. Interestingly it had her name on it but the wrong social security number. Paypal was less than helpful and refused to put anything in writing. The IRS has guidance on its website on how to zero it out.
Do you have a link to that IRS guidance? PayPal sent me a 1099k that I should not have been sent so I need to deal with it on my taxes.

Edit - I think I found it

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Being self employed I pay on an estimate every quarter. I don't care about getting a refund but I've made it clear to my accountant I don't want to pay anymore in.

Reactions: LSCII

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
ZIPPERS NO BUTTONS PREFERABLY DOUBLE ZIPPERS BUT NEVER BUTTONS.
For me it switched to zippers in the back. My boys learned how to unzip themselves, tear off their diapers, and…well it wasn’t pretty. Then they learned how to escape the cribs and assist each other with the back zippers. So i took the bottom out of their cribs and they slept with the mattress on the floor, caged in by their cribs. They figured out how to push the cribs across the floor and again assist each other with the escape.

What I’m saying is, it just doesn’t end. The shit literally doesn’t end. They will find a way to shit up their backs or on the walls or wherever you least want the shit

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Bought the replacement lamp for my 36 gallon aquarium only for me to turn it on and the light to not be bright at all. I think my hood has officially given up.

I've had this tank for 7 1/2 years. I have no idea on how to look for a new hood.

It's always something with me. Seriously. Now my fish have to stay in darkness until I figure this out. 😒

• Wow
Reactions: Kovi

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I am so upset - as some of you may recall, my mother took her life in June. Her first attempt was May 2021 by drug overdose. Those drugs were provided by a doctor who is a friend of my SIL (nurse). He never saw her, never talked to her, knew zero about her health....he prescribed large numbers of narcotics to her for sleep because her family doc wouldn't give her them. She used those to OD, she survived.

We filed a complaint against the doctor in the summer of 2021, the outcome from the College of Physicians and Surgeons came down and we got the result yesterday. A slap on the wrist, the doctor promised not to do this again. Doctors are not allowed to prescribe for patients they have never had any contact with. Now we have a choice, sue the doctor or appeal. With the suicide of my Mom (not by drugs since she couldn't get them anymore) and the death of my father this week, I have no energy. I can't fight anymore but it is just so unethical.

Sorry, had to vent and try to get this out of my system.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am so upset - as some of you may recall, my mother took her life in June. Her first attempt was May 2021 by drug overdose. Those drugs were provided by a doctor who is a friend of my SIL (nurse). He never saw her, never talked to her, knew zero about her health....he prescribed large numbers of narcotics to her for sleep because her family doc wouldn't give her them. She used those to OD, she survived.

We filed a complaint against the doctor in the summer of 2021, the outcome from the College of Physicians and Surgeons came down and we got the result yesterday. A slap on the wrist, the doctor promised not to do this again. Doctors are not allowed to prescribe for patients they have never had any contact with. Now we have a choice, sue the doctor or appeal. With the suicide of my Mom (not by drugs since she couldn't get them anymore) and the death of my father this week, I have no energy. I can't fight anymore but it is just so unethical.

This is just wrong. Not enough is done to prevent doctors and medical folks from getting these drugs to people.

You certainly deserve better.

Last edited:

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Wanted to post a positive experience.....

My son called me from the Mass Pike the other night. He was outside of Lee, about an hour from home. Sitting alongside the road with a flat tire. (hit a pothole)

No AAA, so I was about to go help him (yes he should know how to change it, but tools are not his thing).
I thought since Maine has a roadside assistance, I thought I would see if Mass does.

Called the Mass state police, they said that they do, and would send a patrol car. The police arrived within 10 minutes. The officer helped him change the tire, and the roadside assistance truck arrived and checked the air pressure and made sure the lug nuts were tight.

From the officer who answered the phone call all the way through a very positive experience.

A shout out to the Mass State Police...thank you

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Do you have a link to that IRS guidance? PayPal sent me a 1099k that I should not have been sent so I need to deal with it on my taxes.

Edit - I think I found it
Here you go!

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Vent away. Your HF family is here for you.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Wanted to post a positive experience.....

My son called me from the Mass Pike the other night. He was outside of Lee, about an hour from home. Sitting alongside the road with a flat tire. (hit a pothole)

No AAA, so I was about to go help him (yes he should know how to change it, but tools are not his thing).
I thought since Maine has a roadside assistance, I thought I would see if Mass does.

Called the Mass state police, they said that they do, and would send a patrol car. The police arrived within 10 minutes. The officer helped him change the tire, and the roadside assistance truck arrived and checked the air pressure and made sure the lug nuts were tight.

From the officer who answered the phone call all the way through a very positive experience.

A shout out to the Mass State Police...thank you
That’s awesome it worked out well! Time for a lesson in the driveway.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
If some of you might be looking for a funny little story, I hope you like this...

As we all know, the Bruins are having a tremendous season, and as you might imagine, they are a nightly topic of conversation at work.

I'm part of a team of four electricians working 3-11pm at a local military base, and the four of us have gotten pretty close over the time we've been there. Three of us, including myself, are huge Boston sports fans and we have some very great discussions while we work. The fourth member of our little squad (let's call him "John," since that's his name) is an older gentleman who hasn't paid any attention to the sports world since he played his last high school football game.

So, John - growing tired of not having much to add to our very intense discussions - starts asking questions about teams, players, rivalries, histories, etc. He started watching the NFL playoffs, and has really dove into the sports world. He has no internet, and no cable TV at home (not even a cell phone!), so he hasn't been watching the Bruins - yet that is the team he's most fascinated with!!! In an attempt to kind of bring him up to speed, I've lent him books ("Bobby Orr and the Big Bad Bruins," among others), lent him my "History of the Boston Bruins," and my 2011 Stanley Cup Championship DVDs, and printed out all kinds of stuff from "Hockey Reference." At break time he's reading through all kinds of material and even taking notes! He's literally trying to cram a lifetime of fandom into as little time as he can. This has been going on for about two weeks now.

Last night one of the other guys and myself were talking about Connor Bedard and whether he may or may not pan out as a top pick. I am of the opinion that if Bedard ends up in Montreal, they will absolutely ruin him. The pressure will be crushing, and I think the media up there will eat him alive. They have too many needs, and he's not going to be the savior that they're looking for. Leaving my personal feelings aside, I just don't think that is an ideal spot for a Number One Overall pick to land - and I said as much to my buddy at work. From across the workshop John pipes up in his VERY loud and booming voice, "I've only been learning about the Bruins - Canadiens Rivalry for two weeks! After everything I've heard you guys talk about, and from what I've read and seen just in that short time - I HATE THOSE F*CKERS TOO!!!"

He said it with so much anger that the veins were popping out of his neck. I couldn't help but laugh.

I guess you're never too old to learn :D

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
If some of you might be looking for a funny little story, I hope you like this...

As we all know, the Bruins are having a tremendous season, and as you might imagine, they are a nightly topic of conversation at work.

I'm part of a team of four electricians working 3-11pm at a local military base, and the four of us have gotten pretty close over the time we've been there. Three of us, including myself, are huge Boston sports fans and we have some very great discussions while we work. The fourth member of our little squad (let's call him "John," since that's his name) is an older gentleman who hasn't paid any attention to the sports world since he played his last high school football game.

So, John - growing tired of not having much to add to our very intense discussions - starts asking questions about teams, players, rivalries, histories, etc. He started watching the NFL playoffs, and has really dove into the sports world. He has no internet, and no cable TV at home (not even a cell phone!), so he hasn't been watching the Bruins - yet that is the team he's most fascinated with!!! In an attempt to kind of bring him up to speed, I've lent him books ("Bobby Orr and the Big Bad Bruins," among others), lent him my "History of the Boston Bruins," and my 2011 Stanley Cup Championship DVDs, and printed out all kinds of stuff from "Hockey Reference." At break time he's reading through all kinds of material and even taking notes! He's literally trying to cram a lifetime of fandom into as little time as he can. This has been going on for about two weeks now.

Last night one of the other guys and myself were talking about Connor Bedard and whether he may or may not pan out as a top pick. I am of the opinion that if Bedard ends up in Montreal, they will absolutely ruin him. The pressure will be crushing, and I think the media up there will eat him alive. They have too many needs, and he's not going to be the savior that they're looking for. Leaving my personal feelings aside, I just don't think that is an ideal spot for a Number One Overall pick to land - and I said as much to my buddy at work. From across the workshop John pipes up in his VERY loud and booming voice, "I've only been learning about the Bruins - Canadiens Rivalry for two weeks! After everything I've heard you guys talk about, and from what I've read and seen just in that short time - I HATE THOSE F*CKERS TOO!!!"

He said it with so much anger that the veins were popping out of his neck. I couldn't help but laugh.

I guess you're never too old to learn :D

I like this guy already and I've never even met him :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad