• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I like Lindstrom and Iginla a lot, but after Celebrini and Demidov we don’t really know which forwards are gonna be the best.

+1 for Lindstrom and Iginla but even forwards like Sennecke could become the 3rd/4th best forward of the draft class.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs Halifax

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Is Lindstrom actually the best out of these or is everyone just stuck on the fact that he’s big which hardly ever works out
Size/skating/tools combo, great compete and he was improving fast before his surgery this year which scouts love to see in draft year.

My main issue with him is that the Habs already have two Caydens and it's already confusing when announcer aren't just using the family name to id the players. :sarcasm:

Reactions: StCaufield

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Why would you be angry if we picked Eiserman? Seems similar to Tkachuk back when. Not saying he turns into B Tkachuk but the devaluing going on with Eiserman does seem to be out of control.

He's got 6 goals and 7 pts in this years U18's (3 games). I think several of you guys are sleeping on him.

There is concern he's going to be a 1 dminesional player at the NHL level. It's the exact opposite concern for Brady. With Brady concerns were his offensive production with Eiserman it's everything else

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lindstrom is everything they said they needed so easily Lindstrom here
watching Nikushin and even Lehkonen, makes me want that gritty winger with offense.

But, I'm against drafting for a player type. What matters is how good that player is at what he does. I don't know enough about Lindstrom to know how good he'll be at that role in the NHL...

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
The Winnipeg first round pick is getting more interesting, if Colorado wins, where will that pick be ? I guess we will have to wait when the first round will be over.
It’s looking like 26. Peg dallas and canes may not make conf finals therefore 3 other teams will. I’m assuming rags make them.

Reactions: Matthew McConaughay

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The one question I have is- does he have the hockey IQ? He may have all or the attributes of a big, fast, skilled player but can he think the game well enough?

Yes, EP doesn't put guys in their top 5 if they're not skilled, adding layers to their game and showing high IQ.

Edit: The one thing I will add to this is.. we never really know until they get in the NHL. Slafkovsky got blasted for his IQ and it's turning out to be a strength. We've heard about other smart players in junior who just don't seem all that smart when they get to the NHL.

Reactions: Vachon23 and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yes, EP doesn't put guys in their top 5 if they're not skilled, adding layers to their game and showing high IQ.

Edit: The one thing I will add to this is.. we never really know until they get in the NHL. Slafkovsky got blasted for his IQ and it's turning out to be a strength. We've heard about other smart players in junior who just don't seem all that smart when they get to the NHL.
The reason I ask is a guy who scores 27 goals in 32 games, has massive size and skates well should be in the discussion for 1 or 2 OA.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The reason I ask is a guy who scores 27 goals in 32 games, has massive size and skates well should be in the discussion for 1 or 2 OA.

The biggest thing was:
  • Coming into the season he wasn't considered a top 10 pick (Iginla is another name)
  • His Hlinka tournament was just fine where Catton was a star.
  • Lindstrom was rising on lists fast prior to his injury.
  • With his injury the sample size of top 10/5/3 worthy play comes down to 32 games. So the sample size goes against him.
  • While you're not playing, other players are, so the progression of those players get mapped while Lindstrom gets an incomplete.
  • The injury led to a back injury and with only a few play-off games and then missing more time because he wasn't fully healed, especially with a bank injury, puts some volatility in his stock.
He may still go top 3/4 which is why I'm not holding my breath we will get a shot on him, but that's my summation as to why his stock has dropped in public spheres.

Reactions: Vachon23 and Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad