Should penalties be 1 minute?

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
2 minutes is fine!

I think the NHL should also use the jailbreak rule from the PWHL: If the team killing the penalty scores, the man advantage also ends.

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
With the technology why is there even biased refs on the ice. Replace them with OpenAI :sarcasm:

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
2 minutes is fine

But my hot take is they should treat puck over the glass like they do icing unless it's blatant in which case it should still be 2 for delay of game

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Folks, let me tell you straight up: proposing one-minute penalties is an absolutely terrible idea. It's like suggesting we replace hockey pucks with beach balls—it completely undermines the essence of the game.

First off, reducing penalties to one minute would massively skew the balance in favor of the power play. We'd see teams constantly cycling through man advantages, turning every game into a special teams showdown. Is this really the direction we want hockey to take? I certainly don't think so.

Sure, special teams are crucial, but they're part of the strategic depth of the sport. Teams work hard to excel on both the power play and penalty kill—it's part of what makes hockey so thrilling. But if we start tinkering with penalty durations, we risk diluting the integrity of the game.

And let's not forget the practical implications. Referees already have a tough job making split-second decisions. Introducing one-minute penalties would only add confusion and inconsistency to their calls. It's a logistical nightmare waiting to happen.

But you know what's really behind this proposal? It's the relentless push for changes and virtue signaling from the tabloid media outlets like the New York Times and Toronto Star. They're always looking for ways to meddle with tradition and undermine the core values of hockey. Don't fall for it, folks. This isn't about improving the game—it's a tabloid media plot to push their agenda onto the sport we love.

In conclusion, let's stick to what works and leave the one-minute penalties on the cutting room floor. Hockey is a game of finesse, strategy, and toughness—not a playground for ill-conceived experiments.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I Believe there should be a 1m option for some offenses but that's not Near the same as thinking Every minor should be 1m..

Reactions: SoupNazi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad