Injury Report: Shattenkirk (week-to-week)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
As long as he can just get at least 2 regular season games under his belt, I think he'll be fine in the playoffs. So as long as he's back by April 7th (two and a half weeks away, which he should be), I think we're good.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Damn I'm shaman.

So that would give Shattery 8GP to play in reg. season. Nice.

Last edited:

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
That seems very unlikely to me. As far as I know, he's taken part in some drills but I still don't think he's even taking contact yet. We'll have a few days of practice coming up here, but just an outsider I think he needs to get a bit more time to adapt before being thrown into a game.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
That seems very unlikely to me. As far as I know, he's taken part in some drills but I still don't think he's even taking contact yet. We'll have a few days of practice coming up here, but just an outsider I think he needs to get a bit more time to adapt before being thrown into a game.

He has taken part in corner battles already

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
He has taken part in corner battles already
Alright, but that doesn't really change my opinion at all.

I haven't seen the practices but I don't think he's been a full participant in every drill, which is what needs to happen.

He's gonna get hit when he comes back and has to be ready for that. I haven't heard anything that makes it seem like he's extremely close, just nearing a return. But we'll see.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Alright, but that doesn't really change my opinion at all.

I haven't seen the practices but I don't think he's been a full participant in every drill, which is what needs to happen.

He's gonna get hit when he comes back and has to be ready for that. I haven't heard anything that makes it seem like he's extremely close, just nearing a return. But we'll see.
Ya I wouldn't bet on it either but it seems like everything is falling inline though.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Hitchcock mentioned maybe putting him on the third pairing at first. I wouldn't be surprised if they roll with 7 defensemen the first game to control his minutes, but it sounds like he's pretty close to me.

Edit - hitch said in today's quotes, Shattenkirk "will be back real quick."

Last edited:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Yeah, he was practicing on the 2nd PP unit today. There's no reason to have him do that unless he's pretty darn close. I wouldn't be surprised if he's back by Sat against CBJ or at least by Monday against VAN.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I wonder if they will play 11 forwards and 7 dman.

I wouldn't be too pleased with that. If he isn't ready, give him another few days. If he is, then we should be able to effectively shelter him without carrying another defenseman.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I wouldn't be too pleased with that. If he isn't ready, give him another few days. If he is, then we should be able to effectively shelter him without carrying another defenseman.

An article posted after I posted that hinted towards that's what Hitch might do.

SOB
STL
Jaskin Stastny Shattenkirk

;)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
It's good that he'll get a few games in the lineup before playoffs start. He's not going to be Shatty for the first couple of games, but 8 games should be plenty of time for him to get back in form. He's such a critical part of our team.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
How many minutes do you think Shattenkirk plays tomorrow? You think he plays anywhere close to his average 23 minutes a night?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad