Confirmed with Link: Sharks sign F Collin Graf to ELC

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Aw hell yeah. He was the unsigned prize this tourney. Clearly Grier is a decent salesperson.

Grier is intensely likable and has been his entire career — I feel like we’ll be surprised by some of the free agents we attract based on his ability to sell.

That said, it makes so much sense for a guy like Graf to come here and immediately get a chance to prove himself.

I’d love to hear what people who have watched him think!

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
From Pronman:
"He has a ton of offensive talent and has the potential to score in the NHL. He is a very skilled puckhandler who skates well and can create on the move like a pro. He sees the ice well, can run a power play with quick decisions, and has a good shot as well. His game can lack physicality at times and stick too much to the perimeter, which is my only concern about him, but I wouldn’t call him soft or a low-compete type. He is a player a lot of NHL teams will have interest in, and he could be a legit middle-six wing in the league."

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Good stuff. He was the prize of NCAA free agency without a doubt and I assume we’ll see him get some games this season.

Could be nothing, but a free asset is a free asset and he definitely could be something.

I imagine you’ve seen him play? What are your thoughts on him? Sounds like he’s got some talent but is maybe weaker as a skater?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I imagine you’ve seen him play? What are your thoughts on him? Sounds like he’s got some talent but is maybe weaker as a skater?
Some, not a ton. He’s got enough skill that he could be a scorer, but he also has enough size and off-puck acumen that he could potentially succeed in a checking role. He doesn’t seem like a “top-6 or AHL type”, I don’t think.

No NCAA UDFA is ever all that, but Graf is on the higher end of guys worth signing.

I had a funny feeling we’d get him, but I usually don’t take my “funny feelings” all that seriously when it comes to the Sharks. :laugh:

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Some, not a ton. He’s got enough skill that he could be a scorer, but he also has enough size and off-puck acumen that he could potentially succeed in a checking role. He doesn’t seem like a “top-6 or AHL type”, I don’t think.

No NCAA UDFA is ever all that, but Graf is on the higher end of guys worth signing.

I had a funny feeling we’d get him, but I usually don’t take my “funny feelings” all that seriously when it comes to the Sharks. :laugh:

That’s funny, I started hearing his name a while back and read a few scouting reports because the first thing I thought was, “oh this is a Grier guy” but then forced myself to stop because I didn’t want to jinx it.

That sounds really positive for a signing that costs us nothing. It sounds like he can snipe which we desperately need. I want to see him with Eklund.

Reactions: Sandisfan

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009

Wasn't Dan Boyle an ncaa undrafted FA?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
collingraf.jpeg

LOOK AT THIS COLLIN GRAF!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad