Serie A 2023-24 Season

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
... and last year's cup winner Inter bow out to Bologna (Motta's team is impressive this year) after leading them 1-0 in extra time. Zirkzee with two amazing assists, wonder if he's finally figuring it out.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
In a matter of seconds... Monza self destruct with a piss poor pass out sequence from the back and then nearly completely imploded but D'ambrosio made a goal line save when Ikone had the whole net.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Salernitana draws level with Fazio rising well above anyone else to head home from corner.

I remember disliking Fazio, because back when he was at Sevilla, I managed Barca in FM and Fazio always scored a header against me, because he had by far the best height/heading ability in FM at that time.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Salernitana are ahead now, as Maignan lets Candreva's long range shot slip in easily at near post.

Tomori was injured just before the goal too, laying on the pitch holding his leg and subsequently subbed off.

Edit: Giroud heads the ball to Jovic who scores a 90th minute equalizer.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Juve keep the pressure on Inter, who play later today.

Vlahovic came from the bench to score the winner, he had nother one disallowed too, nice finish but offside.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Inter won even without Lautaro. Bisseck scored his first ever Serie A goal, trying to head in from a corner, but it went in from his neck instead.

Then Barella scored the second after a nice backheel pass by Arnautovic.

Earlier suprise package Bologna won again to stay 4th in the table. Their Scottish captain Lewis Ferguson headed the winner after a corner.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Yeah, Napoli lost their nerves in the 2-0 loss away to Roma. Had two guys sent off, including Osimhen. I don't know how many cards the ref handed out, but it was plenty.

Reactions: Power Man

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Inter drop 2 points with a draw against Genoa. Dragusin leapt well over anyone else to score a powerful header.

Napoli couldn't capitalize without suspended Osimhen and were able to only draw, but other chasing pack clubs can close the cap when they play later this weekend.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Pulisic puts Milan ahead just before hour mark, good pass by Bennacer, although defender managed to hinder it a bit.

Probably deserved, as Milan has had better attempts than Sassuolo, although most of them have lead to nothing. Leao had a nice finish ruled out for offide in the first half, but that was about it before the goal.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
1703996899407.png

Today's scorelines reminds me of the Serie A of old

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
It doesn't really make sense for Genoa to accept Ostigard, as they have promising center backs De Winter and Maturro on the bench to replace Dragusin.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Earlier today Inter get an important win with Frattesi's 94th minute winner. Verona still had a chance to equalize from a 100th minute PK, but Thomas Henry hit the post from the spot.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Despite a depleted squad, Milan with an easy away win over Empoli, solidifying their third place.

Loftus-Creek with an accurate finish after Leao's run on the left and nice pass. Then Giroud with an unstoppable PK and the third was a debut goal for youngster Traore.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
After getting to play most of the second half with a man up, Juventus managed to turn a 1-0 deficit into 2-1 win in added time. Vlahovic scoring the winner with a powerful header.

Lol, another red card for Mourinho. How many he has had already this season? Must be close to record, feels like he is always sent soon after coming off from his previous ban.

Last edited:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Interesting match in the cup quarterfinals in Italy, Fiorentina-Bologna, two teams that play interesting, offensive football. I like Fiorentina more defensively, but Bologna more going forward. It's interesting that M'Bala from Fiorentina chose not to go to the AFCON and his team is repaying him by keeping him on the bench haha

LE This has been one of the worst games I've seen this year. Zero intensity, two teams trying to play from the back without the quality to do so. Half the game it's been passes between the goalkeepers and central defenders. The knowledgeable Fiorentina public is as pissed as I am and constantly boo their team's back passes haha. Worst part is that we're tied 0-0 in the 90th minute which means that unless someone scores late I'm gonna be treated to 30 more minutes of this.

LLE: Fiorentina wins it on penalties, after Bologna leave technically limited Posch to score the decisive penalty and he sails it high.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
With his goal today, Giroud is the first Milan player since Alexander Pato (who is actually 3 years younger than Giroud) to score 10+ goals in consecutive seasons.

When he came to Milan, I doubt many people expected him to do this well for three years.

Mourinho's time is surely over in Rome after this season.

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad