Proposal: Sean Couturier ($2m retained) for Josh Anderson

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs probably just keep Anderson or send him to Laval. They have 9.5 million caproom next year. Goes to 20 million if they put Carry Price on LTIR again

He's not going to Laval IMO. I think we are open to a trade but it has to make sense. Otherwise, we let him show up to camp ready to play. I think that discussion happened in exit meeting this year and Anderson admitted he was not good this year.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Dk what the deal would be, but Buffalo should have interest in Couturier with some retention.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Habs don't do this because term is risky and I suspect the flyers will get more from a team that is truly in dire need of a C...Boston?

habs are ok with suzuki, dach, dvorak, evans...Beck knocking on door and 5OA

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I don’t see how Montreal can fit that contract long term - especially with Couturier age and health issues.

It’s not really an issue of value but rather cap, fit and risk.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I don’t see Philly going for the trade in the OP. They should do better than JA if Couturier is made available and there is retention. That said, it’s not the right addition for the Habs either.

If there’s a guy that is rumoured to be on Torts shit list and who fits the MO of the type of trade Hughes makes, it might be Morgan Frost. Talented player who’s underachieving. Would the type of return the Av’s got for Newhook interest Flyer fans?

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don’t see Philly going for the trade in the OP. They should do better than JA if Couturier is made available and there is retention. That said, it’s not the right addition for the Habs either.

If there’s a guy that is rumoured to be on Torts shit list and who fits the MO of the type of trade Hughes makes, it might be Morgan Frost. Talented player who’s underachieving. Would the type of return the Av’s got for Newhook interest Flyer fans?

A late #1, a high #2, and a middling prospect? I would personally prefer the Flyers to get their head on straight and realize that Frost is a credible #2C, but knowing they probably will never get past Torts calling him a toilet seat, that's something they should consider. Given that you have #27 and #58 this year instead of #31 and #37, I'd want a more robust prospect than Fairbrother, but that's an interesting framework.

Reactions: Rich Nixon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad