GDT: San Jose Sharks at Calgary Flames (2am GMT)

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
I am going to watch and I will get that GT monkey off my back.
Screenshot_20240214_201938_WhatsApp.jpg

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
The big question is.... will Wolf get the start? Or will Huska feel he needs Markstrom in net to bring home the win?

Reactions: Boomstick

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
The big question is.... will Wolf get the start? Or will Huska feel he needs Markstrom in net to bring home the win?
Perfect game for Wolf! Gives you another idea what to do with Markstrom if he looks awful.

Also back to back for SJ, Winnipeg put a lot of rubber on their goalie and only won 2 zip with an empty net goal (stopped 40 shots).

So hopefully they fly to Calgary a bit worn out and their other golie won't be as good as Kahkonen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Felidae

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I don't know how long Vlad will be injured for, But I'd like to see Wolf get more starts.

Like Joe says, need to know what he's capable of, cause I'm not sure trading Markstrom is ideal if Wolf is not ready yet.

He'd be thrown to the wolves alongside Vladar who has shown for the majority of his NHL career, that he's not starter caliber or even among the upper echelon of backup goalies. (Even though he's been excellent lately)

I doubt being put in that position would be good psychologically or for actual goalie skill development

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't know how long Vlad will be injured for, But I'd like to see Wolf get more starts.

Like Joe says, need to know what he's capable of, cause I'm not sure trading Markstrom is ideal if Wolf is not ready yet.

He'd be thrown to the wolves alongside Vladar who has shown for the majority of his NHL career, that he's not starter caliber or even among the upper echelon of backup goalies. (Even though he's been excellent lately)

I doubt being put in that position would be good psychologically or for actual goalie skill development
It's likely that any trade of Markstrom would return a goalie.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I’m just glad we didn’t play them during either of their long losing streaks

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
If Wolf is going to get the start, today would be the game. Not counting on it though. Youd like Marky would of taken the optional instead of Wolf if Wolf was starting.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I'm curious to see if there are any unusual healthy scratches tonight

Edit: I see Holtz and Mercer are in Jerseys lineup tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boomstick

IharRB

Dec 17, 2023
I'm curious to see if there are any unusual healthy scratches tonight

Edit: I see Holtz and Mercer are in Jerseys lineup tonight.
Vítek Vaněček?
Casey, Vanecek, first round pick...
They won't give up Mercer.

Last edited:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Just saw San Jose's player point breakdown, bruhhhh. Backlund is 11th on the Flames with 26 points, he'd be 3rd on San Jose. How have they won any games?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Just saw San Jose's player point breakdown, bruhhhh. Backlund is 11th on the Flames with 26 points, he'd be 3rd on San Jose. How have they won any games?
I can't say with 100% certainty, but I'd guess by outscoring their opponents

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad