Pre-Game Talk: Red Wings @ Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
We do know Mantha will start the season in the AHL and Kronwall is on IR and will not be available for tomorrow's game.

Red Wings Expected Line Up:

Tatar - Nielsen - Zetterberg
Abdelkader - Larkin - Sheahan
Nyquist - Helm - Vanek
Ott - Glendening - Miller

DeKeyser - Marchenko
Smith - Green
Ericsson - Ouellet

Lightning Expected Line Up:

Palat - Stamkos - Drouin
Killorn - Johnson - Kucherov
Vladdy - Filp - Point
Boyle - Paquette - Brown

Hedman - Stralman
Garrison - Sustr
Nesterov - Coburn

Bishop

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
what a far cry from DET of past...

Agreed - easily could be the first Wings team to miss the playoffs in twenty-some years. Zetterberg is also coming off knee surgery and they couldn't afford (for Cap reasons) Mantha's cap hit so he was sent down. Looks like they have one second line two third lines and a fourth line. While Lightning have two first lines, a third line, and a fourth line.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Agreed - easily could be the first Wings team to miss the playoffs in twenty-some years. Zetterberg is also coming off knee surgery and they couldn't afford (for Cap reasons) Mantha's cap hit so he was sent down. Looks like they have one second line two third lines and a fourth line. While Lightning have two first lines, a third line, and a fourth line.

Vladdy-Flip-Point is a pretty damn good 3rd line lol

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Vladdy-Flip-Point is a pretty damn good 3rd line lol

I'd agree ... but if I was another fan base I'd point to point totals which are 35 - 31 - Unknown. That doesn't really scream to me great third line ... it has "unrealized potential".

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'd agree ... but if I was another fan base I'd point to point totals which are 35 - 31 - Unknown. That doesn't really scream to me great third line ... it has "unrealized potential".

How many 3rd lines have three 30 point players? We have two and another who could easily hit that.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We don't, its a PGT ... what would be your case for playing 7 dmen? Your question in its current context is nonsensical.

Nesterov had a really good preseason and deserves to build off that before he starts sitting. Didn't hear about any of the 4th line killing it in the preseason.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Cooper is playing 7 defense. Why do you think Boyle is in there? But seriously, the defense needed to be shored up this offseason. Sustr and Nesterov are a year older now but so are Garrison and Coburn. Carle wasn't great but he provided depth.

:yo:

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Nesterov had a really good preseason and deserves to build off that before he starts sitting. Didn't hear about any of the 4th line killing it in the preseason.

Play Nesterov not Koekkoek. Looks like Koekkoek won during the playoffs due to performance. Now during training camp looks like Nesterov outperformed Koekkoek. There shouldn't be any preferential treatment moving forward due to draft status. Play the best player and win...plus I want one of our fourth liners to decapitate Abdelkader leaving us short on the bench.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Really though... for a third line? That's not too shabby.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Really though... for a third line? That's not too shabby.

I called it a third line with potential. A great third line could pass for a decent second line. By end of the year they could prove to be an elite third line or a "second line". I'm just not calling them that yet.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Detroit just needs to face facts and rebuild

It's what most of the fans want, but we're moving into a new arena next season, and ownership and management don't want to do that as a non-playoff team, hence the sticking plaster attempts to build a roster that can maintain The Streak.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
How many 3rd lines have three 30 point players? We have two and another who could easily hit that.

Thats a great point. There are teams in the league right now that have 2nd lines that will produce less than this 3rd line. Primary and secondary scoring is there. The only thing that can hold this team back is allowing too many goals. A total collapse in both tenders or heaven forbid Hedman season long injury. I really think the team can compete with the Stars for leading the league in goals now.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Play Nesterov not Koekkoek. Looks like Koekkoek won during the playoffs due to performance. Now during training camp looks like Nesterov outperformed Koekkoek. There shouldn't be any preferential treatment moving forward due to draft status. Play the best player and win...plus I want one of our fourth liners to decapitate Abdelkader leaving us short on the bench.

Koekkoek shouldn't get preferential treatment but if you are having him in the press box might as well send him to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad