GDT: R1:G2 | New York Islanders @ Carolina Hurricanes | April 22nd | 7:30 PM | F/5-3 L

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Hopefully Pelech doesn’t lob it to the pointman while completed uncontested on the PK again… I think he’s a candidate to get moved this summer, he’s kind of washed…but I don’t think the league knows it yet.
Too early to speculate, but here's a crazy one that might be a good fit. The Isles get bounced in large part due to an ineffective PP, and TOR gets bounced because they can't defend. So, Pelech and JGP for Tavares. I'm thinking Pelech would waive to go home. Would Tavares? And would we have him back? Flame away. I know I would. :laugh:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Too early to speculate, but here's a crazy one that might be a good fit. The Isles get bounced in large part due to an ineffective PP, and TOR gets bounced because they can't defend. So, Pelech and JGP for Tavares. I'm thinking Pelech would waive to go home. Would Tavares? And would we have him back? Flame away. I know I would. :laugh:
We can sign him as a free agent after next season. :)

• Haha
Reactions: MarsTBOW

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
He’s going to the Utah Yeti’s. In all seriousness, I don’t see him being the one leaving. The team will have to suck it up and elect not to resign him (I don’t think that will happen).

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
Call me crazy, but at this point I'd rather see Wahlstrom in than Matt Martin.

I gotta think he's got a spark that would motivate him in the playoffs and be more useful then that shell of 17.

I'd even prefer having Fashing over Martin.

I may be way off and the reason I'm not an NHL coach, but whatever lol.

Last edited:

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017

I gotta think he's got a spark that would motivate him in the playoffs and be more useful then that shell of 17.

If Gauthier is still alive he would be an interesting addition for 1 game. He may play 20 horrible games but for a game here and there he looks like a superstar

Reactions: mm11

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
If Gauthier is still alive he would be an interesting addition for 1 game. He may play 20 horrible games but for a game here and there he looks like a superstar

Yeah I forgot about him. But this is the time of year where a short spark is all we need. We don't need a whole season of high quality play, just enough to get a win in the playoffs.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
You realize Nelson outscored Tavares right? He’s legitimately ass now, I wouldn’t do Pelech for him straight up.

Plus, he’d never waive for NYI because he’d probably be forced to pay his taxes. :sarcasm:

I'd even prefer having Fashing over Martin.

If Fasching is coming out for Pageau, he’s next in line before Wahlstrom. Hell, we have no clue if Roy would put in Iskhakov before Wahlstrom, Iskhakov is a better skater and harder worker than Wahlstrom.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006

You realize Nelson outscored Tavares right? He’s legitimately ass now, I wouldn’t do Pelech for him straight up.

Plus, he’d never waive for NYI because he’d probably be forced to pay his taxes. :sarcasm:
The real beauty of the deal is that the Isles would trade away $10.75M in salary for $11M of salary, but Tavares has just 1 year left whereas JGP has 2 years left and Pelech has 5 years. It would be a massive salary cap win. Plus, put Tavares on a line with Lee and you make them both better (based on previous chemistry). It would be an expensive 3rd line though! TOR probably wouldn't do it for that reason, but hey, I'd make the phone call.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB

If Fasching is coming out for Pageau, he’s next in line before Wahlstrom. Hell, we have no clue if Roy would put in Iskhakov before Wahlstrom, Iskhakov is a better skater and harder worker than Wahlstrom.

Good point.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Hope Roy has a trick up his sleeve. Carolina didn’t play good game 1, and I don’t expect them to play bad game 2

Reactions: chico19341

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Really just comes down to capitalizing on our chances.

No bad penalties
Realize they dive
Clear pucks when from our zone at all costs.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Really just comes down to capitalizing on our chances.

No bad penalties
Realize they dive
Clear pucks when from our zone at all costs.
If I was coach, I’d definitely chirp the ref before the game starts to keep an eye out for the diving

Reactions: beach and SI90

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
The real beauty of the deal is that the Isles would trade away $10.75M in salary for $11M of salary, but Tavares has just 1 year left whereas JGP has 2 years left and Pelech has 5 years. It would be a massive salary cap win. Plus, put Tavares on a line with Lee and you make them both better (based on previous chemistry). It would be an expensive 3rd line though! TOR probably wouldn't do it for that reason, but hey, I'd make the phone call.

and if you added wally to that line you would have the slowest line in the NHL :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad