News: Preds trying to trade into top four

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I hope no one trades them the pick because I don’t want Nashville to destroy their prospect pool for 1 player. Askarov is the future goalie, kemmel is potential top line winger, who we get at 15 and 24 could very well be top 6 forward as well. Not to mention Evangelista, tomasino, glass, l’heureux, svechkov among others. We might not have that top notch center but we have a pretty solid young core that could put together a solid top 9 group. Get Celebrini next year and that group looks even better. I hope trotz doesn’t make a trade to make our future weaker to get one good player

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
They do, but it be a crazy unrealistic deal.
They don't. They really don't. And I say this as not just a Jackets fan, but also as a fan of the Preds who really likes the kids they have. The Preds have good youth depth that's still maturing, but none of them add up to Franchise Player.

* * *​
Kemell, Tomasino, evangelista, Schaefer, askarov, svechkov, saros, forsberg, the most amount of picks of anyone in this draft….

You were joking right?

I agree it likely doesn’t happen but they for sure have the assets my friend.
All good or in some cases even excellent. None of which make up for losing out on a desperately needed franchise player.

It's not going to happen. Accept this and move on.

* * *​
Wrong.

You’re telling me if preds offered kemell, askarov, Tomasino, forsberg, 15th overall and a second for fourth overall someone would say no to that??
Correct. They would say no. And it would be insane for the Preds to offer that much in any case.

What the Preds have is really good and flying well under the radar... but all the teams in the top-5 already have a lot of guys like that already and need the franchise guy.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
They don't. They really don't. And I say this as not just a Jackets fan, but also as a fan of the Preds who really likes the kids they have. The Preds have good youth depth that's still maturing, but none of them add up to Franchise Player.

* * *​

All good or in some cases even excellent. None of which make up for losing out on a desperately needed franchise player.

It's not going to happen. Accept this and move on.

* * *​

Correct. They would say no. And it would be insane for the Preds to offer that much in any case.

What the Preds have is really good and flying well under the radar... but all the teams in the top-5 already have a lot of guys like that already and need the franchise guy.
Askarov, both 23 1sts and a few other pieces would getA pick 3-5. Giving up 7+ players for one is crazy.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I can't speak for the Sharks and Blue Jackets but we know Chicago isn't moving first overall for anything short of a batshit insane deal that speeds up their rebuild by 5 years.

I don't see any combination of assets that gets Nashville Anaheim's pick given an age controlled rebuild plan. If Anaheim trades down it will be to a team in the 3-6 range and a 2023 first rounder from that team is a prerequisite starting point.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
Seems everytime a team hosts there's talk about moving up but the cost is just gonna make it real difficult I think.
If it's to get Matvei it seems other than the habs teams are smartening up. At this point would anyone be shocked if the ducks take him?

I think since every Russian drafted in the 1st round comes over as soon as they can there's no reason to think he won't, the fact he's attending the draft implies he's excited about being drafted and it could very well be him wanting to ensure teams of his intentions.

The real kicker for me is the other guys ranked top 5 are likely debuting earliest 24-25, while Matvei will be a year later, the chances are overwhelmingly high he steps in and puts up numbers that aren't far off Bedard.
I mean he outscored him in the U18's and Hlinka while Fantilli and Leo were eons below Bedard at the WJC.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Preds receive 4th oa, 31st oa

Colorado receives Fillip Forsberg

San Jose receives 15th oa, 24th oa, 27th oa, 37th oa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad