Pre-Game Talk: Pre-pre-pre Game Season Opener Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
Barzal-Horvat-Walstrom
Need Walstrom to be a finisher on this line.

Engvall-Nelson-Palms
this should be a very good 2nd line. Engvall's speed is a different look for the line.

Lee-JGP-Gaithier
Again Gaithier's speed is a welcome addition to the middle 6. Lee should give us goals on this line and hopefully JG can pot 20 goals on this line.

Clutterbuck-CC-Fasching
less physicality than with Martin but if we need scoring on all 4 lines. All three forwards bring some speed, physicality and a little bit more scoring.

Dobson-Pelech
Big year for both, Pelech to get back to top pairing shutdown defense and Dobson to prove he can play at a higher level than he has so far.

Pulock-Romanov
This pairing needs to play all-around solid defense, physical and chip in on offense with solid first passes out of the zone

Aho-Mayfield
Just don't lose the game for us, playoff Mayfield would be awesome but I'm not holding my breath.

Sorokin
Varly

Healthy Scratches- Bolduc, Martin

I think we will play faster than previous years with Engvall, Gaithier and Barzal now playing on wing. The whole ball game is how good or bad our PP is....if we can get it to even 15th-16th in the league I think we would be a legit problem for the league.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I think Whally sits, I got Fasching for the third line RW spot. Pulock has taken the PP spot in practice so I think that alludes to Gautier sitting.

Holmstrom-Barzy-Horvat
Engvall-Nelson-Palms
Lee-Pageau-Fasching
Martin-Zeeker-Clutter

Aho-Pulock
Romanov-Mayfield
Pelech-Dobson

I'll be getting there around 3 to tailgate.

Reactions: Duanesutter12

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
the goalie needs to be the goalie - very curious about the rest.

For me, it's the style of play, commitment to defense (or not) and the power play. Make or break and largely unknown.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Bailey retires
Isles win Cup
Lambert wins Coach of the Year
Lou again wins GM of the Year

Toronto media bemoan the Isles sweep of the Leafs in the ECF, calling it a fix

Jack Edwards loses his voice when Milan Lucic is whipped by Stan Jonathan in a Boston pub. Edwards claims it's a fix. Depends hires Edwards to model its new extra strength undergarment.

Aho scores 10 goals/30 assists and he is named to the All Star Game. Posters here burn incense in tribute.

Wally and Holmstrom both score 20 goals and Wyshinski admits in writing that maybe his ESPN career is over.

Reactions: PWJunior

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Bailey retires
Isles win Cup
Lambert wins Coach of the Year
Lou again wins GM of the Year

Toronto media bemoan the Isles sweep of the Leafs in the ECF, calling it a fix

Jack Edwards loses his voice when Milan Lucic is whipped by Stan Jonathan in a Boston pub. Edwards claims it's a fix. Depends hires Edwards to model its new extra strength undergarment.

Aho scores 10 goals/30 assists and he is named to the All Star Game. Posters here burn incense in tribute.

Wally and Holmstrom both score 20 goals and Wyshinski admits in writing that maybe his ESPN career is over.
Does Bailey get his name on the cup?

CaptDenisPotvin

The Tampa Bay Astros are your 2021 Champions
Jun 20, 2007
I think Whally sits, I got Fasching for the third line RW spot. Pulock has taken the PP spot in practice so I think that alludes to Gautier sitting.

Holmstrom-Barzy-Horvat
Engvall-Nelson-Palms
Lee-Pageau-Fasching
Martin-Zeeker-Clutter

Aho-Pulock
Romanov-Mayfield
Pelech-Dobson

I'll be getting there around 3 to tailgate.

I left Holmstrom off my lineup because I don't see him on any of the active rosters :huh:. I did see Holmstrom on the 1st line in preseason so I don't know. I also saw Fasching as high as the 2nd line with Engvall and Nelson.... I think Gaithier and Engvall were specifically kept/added for their speed...To sit Gaithier in game 1 for Martin would be surprising to me. Buff isn't a "heavy" team anyway. Let me know if Holmstrom is in fact on the team though if you know....Have fun at the game. LGI

PolishPrince21

Mar 4, 2015
LI
Only 3 games since I live in PA. I can go to the few Monday night games :(. Expectations are hopefully at least round 2 and sorokin wins Vezina.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Tied for last place and fading fast. This was obvious to anyone who watched the preseason games. How does Lambert still have a job?? No accountability.
It’s all in jest so far but you might want to cut and save the last half of your post to use at Thanksgiving. If things get off to a slow start I wouldn’t put it past Lou to can Lambert.

Reactions: Doshell Propivo

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
It’s all in jest so far but you might want to cut and save the last half of your post to use at Thanksgiving. If things get off to a slow start I wouldn’t put it past Lou to can Lambert.
I think they come out like gangbusters. They'll be towards the top of their division but will eventually fade (still make the PO's though).

Reactions: MarsTBOW

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
As SOROKING goes so will go this team .. the rest is just filler ..LGI
IMG_7254.jpeg

Reactions: periferal

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I think we are all cutting and saving your posts to see what accountability you'll have if you are wrong. My guess is we'll get, "yeah, they surprised me again but they aren't going to win the cup and next year they'll be bad".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad