Habs at the World Championships (May 10-May 26) | TSN, TSN.ca, NHLN, IIHF Worlds 2024 YouTube channel

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Canada has no legitimate star goalie for any international stage. Why did the goalie pipeline in Canada dry up so badly?

MarkJ

Jun 30, 2019
1715719385215.png

the multiverse is real.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
JT favorite moment....3 on 3 when it's not too physical with tons of space.

Our boy is player of the game for Canada.
Which frankly makes no sense but I don't remember agreeing with any awards given at those competitions..lol. Guhle had a terrible 3rd. He still is a stud. But awful period for him.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Can any sports bettors tell us what the odds of an Austria comeback were starting the third period? I have to assume it was astronomical.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I didn't suggest 24 hours of physio but if there were concerns post surgery I wouldn't expect to see him at the World Championship.

I didn't edit my post, it's not hard to misread things here especially when responding to multiple people, I do it all the time.

I don't see him in the same light that most of you do, I see more of a Cammalleri/Hoffman type of goal producer but with that said, I would love to be proven wrong.

If this season was a bump in the road and he scores 40 next year it will be fine by me.

There is absolutely no corelation to Caufield's recovery and the assertion that continuing to play would be detrimental. You are mistakenly treating his condition as an injury that needs to heal when in fact his shoulder is fixed and requires the final stages of rehabilitation and that requires rigorous work....not rest.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

I'm glad Guhle showed some offense, but what the hell is this in the final minute of a one goal game?

Space cadet.

Damn, I was out all day missed the game. 5 goals in 3rd period by Austria? Wth, Canada?!!

Terrible turnover by Guhle.

Binnington had like a .714 save percentage, though. 6 goals on 21 shots.

Montembeault might be Canada's best goalie. Lol

MrRuin

Sponsor
Apr 7, 2004
Somewhere in time
Definetly a team collapse, they just stopped playing after a dominant second period. Then pucks started to go in for Austria on some pretty plays after horrible turnovers by Canada, momentum built and Canada couldn't jumpstart their engine. Absolutely wild game. Arena went crazy after the 5th Austrian goal and exploded after they tied it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad