OT: POLL: Who do you consider our biggest rival right now ?

Who would you consider Columbus biggest rival right now ?

• Total voters

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Considering last seasons, division realignment etc, who do you consider our biggest rival right now ?

For me personally Tampa Bay emerged as a rival even more so than Pittsburgh. Detroit is no longer there, so I’d say it’s between those two

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I don't think they have a rival. Tampa could get there but they'd have to be in their division going forward and that's not going to happen. Need to get back to the Metro so they can continue forming some rivals.

Reactions: JacketsDavid

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I don't think they have a rival. Tampa could get there but they'd have to be in their division going forward and that's not going to happen. Need to get back to the Metro so they can continue forming some rivals.
Gotta be some teams that you feel pumped to see the Jackets play a bit more than others. I think Tampa and Pittsburgh are those two now, Winnipeg certainly be interesting next year if they are going to play each other

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I think the guys get hyped the most for Tampa. Their play atleast shows that, even with the difference in talent they always make Tampa work and keep it fairly close.
I dont think its a good ol fashion rivalry but its fun to watch how upset Tampa and its fans get at the Blue Jackets every game

Reactions: eljefe72 and EspenK

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
All I have to say is that it's a wonderful breath of fresh air that my #2 team is no longer up for consideration in this category. ;)

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
1. Pittsburgh
2. NYR
3. Washington

I don’t consider Detroit a rival anymore. I almost put Tampa on the list but I don’t think there’s enough hate between the two teams. But I suppose.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Obviously Columbus isn't close to Tampa's level, few teams are. But I call this a rivalry.

It's like when Toronto and Montreal play - most of the time over the years, one of these teams is much better than the other. But when they play each other the atmosphere is just more charged and nastier, and anybody can win.

1. Pittsburgh
2. NYR
3. Washington

I don’t consider Detroit a rival anymore. I almost put Tampa on the list but I don’t think there’s enough hate between the two teams. But I suppose.

I don't see much hate with any teams anymore. Guys are too friendly. Even the fights with Detroit the other night - they were each patting the other guy on the back after the tilt. That's not how you do it!

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Had I voted, it’d have been Pittsburgh. But I don’t know that we really have one as a rivalry requires both teams view it as such and I don’t think the Pens (nor the Lightning) see us as a rival.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Had I voted, it’d have been Pittsburgh. But I don’t know that we really have one as a rivalry requires both teams view it as such and I don’t think the Pens (nor the Lightning) see us as a rival.

I think we're more of a rival for them than you might think. I still think ours is Pittsburgh. Takes a bit of hit this year but hopefully we're back at it again next year. (And obviously, it's a lopsided rivalry. We hate them way more than vice versa. But they still don't like us.)

Who are the Penguins’ number three rivals?

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Gotta be some teams that you feel pumped to see the Jackets play a bit more than others. I think Tampa and Pittsburgh are those two now, Winnipeg certainly be interesting next year if they are going to play each other
How about playing Winnipeg this year??!! Now THAT would be a cool playoff series!

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I voted Winnipeg just because. In reality I think it is TB because those guys have a hard time with the Jackets and from the Jackets perspective, beat them you beat one of, if not the, best. From the players standpoint I'm not sure there really is one with the Pens or Rangers because they're in a different division this year. Next year those may return.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
All I have to say is that it's a wonderful breath of fresh air that my #2 team is no longer up for consideration in this category. ;)

Because they're not any good anymore?

Not anticipating a cookie here; more likely the guy with bat. :help:

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Tampa has just barely squeaked past the Pens for me due to recent events.

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
Voted Tampa. I really feel like something is brewing between them. Looked into it every tampa win since the start of last season has been by a goal. Not sure Tampa is thrilled that out of 8 games, they haven't been able to completely impose their will on the jackets.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Because they're not any good anymore?

Not anticipating a cookie here; more likely the guy with bat. :help:
chainsaw.gif

Reactions: EspenK and Socks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad