Pick 3 players in this top 15 that you think will Disappoint or Bust?

Which 3 players bust or disappoint in this draft (top 15)?

• Celebrini

• Demidov

• Silayev

• Levshunov

• Lindstrom

• Dickinson

• Parekh

• Buium

• Helenius

• Iginla

• Catton

• Yakemchuk

• Eiserman

• Sennecke

• Connelly

Results are only viewable after voting.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Happens every draft. Curious to see where the votes fall in terms of players in this top 15 that you think will not reach potential and are considered a bust or disappointment. Basically they don't reach top 6F or top 4D.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Eiserman, don’t like his attitude. He would probably become an nhl player.. but I don’t need a next Mike Hoffman.

Yakemchuk. The oldest guy… im not that sure about his ceiling…Whl make a lot of dman wich they produce and they finally, don’t excel in the NHL..

Parekh. Yep he was producing a lot on a boosted team. Probably he is going to be a nhl dman. But he won’t be an elite guy like numbers seems to be

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I said Helenius, Sennecke, and Eiserman. I like Helenius and Sennecke but I could see them both disappointing. I've liked Helenius a lot since last season, but he just hasn't shown me he's the guy. Sennecke I've only discovered recently owing to his hype. The high end is very high with him, but he has a ways to go to realize it IMO.

Eiserman just plain didn't look very good when I watched him.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I'm not too bullish on anyone being a disappointment due to lack of personal information, even relative to previous drafts.

Somewhat wary on Parekh but even when I think of Eiserman, I don't know how "disappointing" he'll be considering the various views people already have on him.

Took Levshunov as the third option, only because I am not convinced he's a slam dunk top 3 guy, yet I don't think he's a bum by any means.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I voted Iginla because people are gonna assume he's his father when he isn't and inevitably be disappointed even if he's a good NHL player.

He has an elite level shot like his father but it stops there. Iggy plays a complete game and is a better skater. You're right, he is not his father. He's a different type of player.

Google... Tij Iginla Video and watch. Try to nit pick his flaws and get back to me.

I'm not too bullish on anyone being a disappointment due to lack of personal information, even relative to previous drafts.

Somewhat wary on Parekh but even when I think of Eiserman, I don't know how "disappointing" he'll be considering the various views people already have on him.

Took Levshunov as the third option, only because I am not convinced he's a slam dunk top 3 guy, yet I don't think he's a bum by any means.

Just a game in reverse. We like to talk the potential hits but what does our majority say in terms of who might disappoint or bust. It's a good thing to do for the scout wantabees. Give you an alternative approach vs the all the pumping up narratives.

I'm sure you looked at past drafts. There are always 2 or 3 busts or more. This draft looks deep so maybe it's less.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Just a game in reverse. We like to talk the potential hits but what does our majority say in terms of who might disappoint or bust. It's a good thing to do for the scout wantabees. Give you an alternative approach vs the all the pumping up narratives.

I'm sure you looked at past drafts. There are always 2 or 3 busts or more. This draft looks deep so maybe it's less.

I understood that perfectly fine, I should have clarified that I meant I've had fewer viewings of players this year than I would have had, say, last year or 2022, simply due to time contraints; as such, I'm a little less bullish on (most) players this year in either direction.

Ironically, I've found it easier to track Russian players compared to the field because matches tend to be around my lunch time and, as mentioned on another topic, a lot of games are more easily accessible in arrears through youtube.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
Im not 100% sure why people think Cayden Lindstrom is a top 5 pick.

Sure he’s athletic, and big.. but for me it stops there. I think he busts in the way that a top 5 pick shouldn’t. I think he is a 3rd liner at best but i could be wrong.

Connelly is another player that I don’t see being a top6 player for any stretch of time.

Levshunov looks so lazy in his own end.. comes alive in the O zone. He looks like a. 15 year old junior C player with major deficiencies… but that’s only after watching several scouting reports.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Lindstrom reminds me of Evander Kane. A physically intimidating player in the WHL that will hit a wall when he will face grown men in the NHL. In other words, the advantage that allows him to succeed in junior leagues (i.e., physical skills) will disappear (or be much less helpful) at the next level. I don't think he has the vision and passing skills to be a big difference maker at the next level.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Lindstrom reminds me of Evander Kane. A physically intimidating player in the WHL that will hit a wall when he will face grown men in the NHL. In other words, the advantage that allows him to succeed in junior leagues (i.e., physical skills) will disappear (or be much less helpful) at the next level. I don't think he has the vision and passing skills to be a big difference maker at the next level.
Exactly what I think

Reactions: crosbyshow

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Kane in his prime was a very good player and if he didn’t become a big star it was likely due to what was, or wasn’t, between his ears. Nothing to do with his talent. He’s just a moron.

Reactions: Gustave

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Iginla is the complete package, aside from being 6'3". He will still be a physical force. He is right there for us to be picked, the perfect fit. I hope HuGo can see it.
I like Iginla a lot but talent wise..I prefer Catton.

Forwards:

Celebrini
Demidov
Catton
Iginla - Senneke
Lindstrom

Reactions: Ozmodiar

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Eiserman leading the bust charge so far. This guy is difficult to figure out but he's not on my bust list. I think he's a sleeper pick.

I actually don't think anyone will bust. They'll all make it; however I voted Eiserman, Parekh & Connelly as they all have aspects in their games that at least gives them bust potential. Everyone else has higher floors, imo.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I like Iginla a lot but talent wise..I prefer Catton.

Forwards:

Celebrini
Demidov
Catton
Iginla - Senneke
Lindstrom
Catton is very talented, probably more than Iginla. However, I think Iggy will be a more impactful player than Catton in the NHL.

90% of the NHL game is grinding, for star and non-star players. Iginla is made for that, not so much Catton.

Reactions: themilosh

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

Zayne Parekh, see Mitch Marner.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
This is the new hipster take. It’s also highly unlikely.

Who else called him that? I've been arguing for the last month that he would be an ideal 3C / top6W. 3C wouldn't be a bust in his case tho.

I watched Sennecke for like 30 sec but I didn't like his hockeyIQ. So that's my vote

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad