Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE

He's from Australia.

Lava Lava.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018

lol. Minnesota was talking about a 2 year extension and drafting a QB and Cousins bolted only to find out Atlanta... lol

$100m guaranteed out of $180m. Probably looking at an exit after year 2 or year 3. If after year 2 the cap-hit would be $35m.

Pre June 1st 2026. $35m cap hit for the 2026 season.
Post June 1st 2026. $22.5m cap hit for 2026 with the remaining $12.5m carried in 2027.

So he turned down a 2 year extension with the Vikings for a possible 2 year stint in Atlanta.

• Haha
Reactions: DancingPanther

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

@SnS I know there are major ownership problems, but I believe they just hired the most valuable public person in NFL analytics. It's not just the work he does. It's how he helps analysts grow too.

• Wow
Reactions: SnS

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
What the hell is mathematical biology
I'm assuming, for example, applying mathematical models to the rate of cellular processes. Like how fast ATP is burned or what concentrations of calcium maximizes muscle contraction and how that relates to power output etc etc. You can always describe the natural world with math, and with these athletes you can use those discoveries to further tweak things so they're always in machine like shape

• Wow
Reactions: trostol

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I'm assuming, for example, applying mathematical models to the rate of cellular processes. Like how fast ATP is burned or what concentrations of calcium maximizes muscle contraction and how that relates to power output etc etc. You can always describe the natural world with math, and with these athletes you can use those discoveries to further tweak things so they're always in machine like shape
Nerd shit is the easier explanation.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I know i'm biased but this "truth" about Chip Kelly just makes McCoy and Jackson look worse. Those two are clowns and it's not a coincidence that they never won shit. Blame everyone but themselves.

Reactions: Chinatown88

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I honestly don’t care at this point & I don’t even give a f*** about Chip either. Like I don’t think Chip is/was a good head coach but those two have been trying to act like he broke up a Super Bowl caliber team for a while now.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Listened to the whole 25/10 interview.

I dug it (as someone who doesn't care for Chip).
  • Said initially they were happy to have Chip on board since it would boost their numbers and get a championship, but admittedly didn't want Andy to go.
  • Chip started right away with pee tests for hydration and mandatory sleep times
  • Said Chip wouldn't allow players to wear black socks (weird)
  • Shady couldn't believe he was traded for Kiko Alonso...said he didn't know who Kiko even was. Thought it was a prank when Rosenhaus called him to let him know. Said Chip Kelly specifically asked for Kiko in exchange for Shady...and that Rex Ryan told him it was the fastest he's ever accepted a trade in his career.
  • Before the trade was official (held up due to contract negotiations with BUF), LeSean called Chip and demanded he trade him in-division so he could tear the Eagles up.
  • LeSean said Duce would sometimes critique his running, but knew it was really Chip's criticism and Staley didn't seem to believe it as he was saying it.
  • DeSean said the whole gang thing was fabricated. He took a pic with his buddy, who had just beaten a murder case in prison, and that was used to create a gang narrative so Chip could cut him (unofficially, ESP is the one who wrote the article that caused the stir).
  • DeSean and Shady said Chip wouldn't confront star players, especially black players. Chip would have "runners" come and talk to them if they were doing something he didn't like.
  • Said when Riley Cooper had his concert/racist incident, they just really wanted to talk to Riley about it because they liked Riley, but Chip sent Riley away and wouldn't permit them to talk to him for a few weeks.
  • They called Jason Peters up at the end of the episode (kind of like in the preview) and he said Chip was a bum coach who couldn't deal with star players.
  • DeSean only praised Chip for one thing, but that he had the great terms and good mind for offense. However he did imply Chip liked white guys more than black guys. Brought in an Oregon WR to compete when he couldn't play.
  • DeSean also said he will fight Chip if he sees him, so he should stay away.
  • They said Chip had a deal with Lurie from Day 1 that it was totally his show, including player personnel (even when Howie was GM). Got Howie's office moved out of the building and even banned Howie from practice eventually.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Listened to the whole 25/10 interview.

I dug it (as someone who doesn't care for Chip).
  • Said initially they were happy to have Chip on board since it would boost their numbers and get a championship, but admittedly didn't want Andy to go.
  • Chip started right away with pee tests for hydration and mandatory sleep times
  • Said Chip wouldn't allow players to wear black socks (weird)
  • Shady couldn't believe he was traded for Kiko Alonso...said he didn't know who Kiko even was. Thought it was a prank when Rosenhaus called him to let him know. Said Chip Kelly specifically asked for Kiko in exchange for Shady...and that Rex Ryan told him it was the fastest he's ever accepted a trade in his career.
  • Before the trade was official (held up due to contract negotiations with BUF), LeSean called Chip and demanded he trade him in-division so he could tear the Eagles up.
  • LeSean said Duce would sometimes critique his running, but knew it was really Chip's criticism and Staley didn't seem to believe it as he was saying it.
  • DeSean said the whole gang thing was fabricated. He took a pic with his buddy, who had just beaten a murder case in prison, and that was used to create a gang narrative so Chip could cut him (unofficially, ESP is the one who wrote the article that caused the stir).
  • DeSean and Shady said Chip wouldn't confront star players, especially black players. Chip would have "runners" come and talk to them if they were doing something he didn't like.
  • Said when Riley Cooper had his concert/racist incident, they just really wanted to talk to Riley about it because they liked Riley, but Chip sent Riley away and wouldn't permit them to talk to him for a few weeks.
  • They called Jason Peters up at the end of the episode (kind of like in the preview) and he said Chip was a bum coach who couldn't deal with star players.
  • DeSean only praised Chip for one thing, but that he had the great terms and good mind for offense. However he did imply Chip liked white guys more than black guys. Brought in an Oregon WR to compete when he couldn't play.
  • DeSean also said he will fight Chip if he sees him, so he should stay away.
  • They said Chip had a deal with Lurie from Day 1 that it was totally his show, including player personnel (even when Howie was GM). Got Howie's office moved out of the building and even banned Howie from practice eventually.
Looks like a whole lot of whining and skirting responsibilities to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad