Confirmed with Link: Pettersson Signs 8 Year Deal with the Vancouver Canucks, AAV $11.6M

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
Well. That was dramatic.

He did leave a lot of money on the table. But this contract really doesn't make sense FOR HIM.
At the end he is 33/34 years old so his last contract will not be for much but he could have done a 3 year deal at this rate and then a 8 year at a higher amount to finish his career.
You under estimate the power of compound interest...

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
“Canucks had a 12 million dollar offer last summer and Pettersson rejected”

Officially, this guy is NOT a valid source.
Its like saying someone in the neighborhood owns a ferrari when you saw a ferrari drive by
Hubderdeau makes 10.5 million.
Tavares makes 11 million.

:sarcasm:
I just wish sometimes atleast an effort was made to back up bullshit

Reactions: Ginger Papa

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Wait WHAT?

Screenshot_20240302_084046_Chrome.jpg

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
I am so glad we had Rutherford’s experienced hand leading this negotiation. He brought the sauce.

It’s clear to me that they were feeding just what they needed to via the media to put some pressure on Pettersson to sign when they otherwise couldn’t get him to engage. That’s what tilted the ketchup upside down.

The trade talk this week was a well-timed knoxk to the neck of the bottle.

Benning would’ve bungled the negotiation and traded him for trash.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Reserved for M2B

Press release on a Saturday at 6:59am? What in the actual f***?
Likely wanted to do it before team leaves for the road trip. Allow potential for full media availability (because only a couple of guys travel with the team).

This deal will look good in a couple of years if the cap makes big jumps. I also have a suspicion we might hear of another move or two in the next 24-48 hours.

Last edited:

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
What will the market talk about now?
The losing streak?
That was glossed over because to the contract talk heat.
What next?

Hronek's negotiations?
The TDL should take up another 10 days.
Tocchet's doghouse?
The single goal attributed to a single player that cost the game in a 10-7 game? Or some game?
The wild idea that this year looks like a reversal of the last two? Where they were so good the last half of the season but not great at the beginning and this year they win loads in the start, like they were at end of the last two seasons? I meant the W/L records are almost just reversed.

Hockey?

Next!

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
f***ing yes!!! Awesome news. Now let’s go about the business of winning a Stanley Cup here, boys.

Also - I’d like to cordially invite all the media talking heads who were negative nellies about Petey’s desire to be here / his friction with Miller / surprise of his teammates / weird he isn’t talking or signing / something weird is going on there…

…to kiss my ass. Best part of this deal is that we lock up a superstar center. Second best is that these talking heads can move on and stoke the flames of controversy for somewhere else for awhile.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
This is a win for everyone. Owners, fans, management and Pettersson. When you have these deals when everyone wins, it will really boost morale.

Under 12M? Check.
8 years? Check
Signed before TDL? Check
JR and PA can continue to build? Check

What a win. I’m more impressed it’s under 12M. Congrats everyone. Now let’s turn this ship and get on a winning streak again. Let’s play some hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad