Post-Game Talk: Pens vs Leafs: Much needed point

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
If the Pens go 2-1-1 in their last 4 I think they have a decent shot

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
And why did they not change them up when they had control. The three played over a minute 3 on 3. The only coach Sullivan seems to outsmart these days is himself.
They always take unnecessarily risky shots on net in ot that leads to easy loss of possession.

It's like they're in a hurry for some reason, when every other team in the league knows ot is all about possession and patience, wait out the legs of your opponent and generate high danger shots, like how we lost tonight.

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
Is Sidney Crosby OK after tonights game? Thats the biggest question!

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
So like... lets just assume that Lars Eller actually really is this ultimate defensive/faceoff/whatever Sullivan sees in him player and that Sid actually did have a skate issue. We can't get like... Eller/Malkin/EK or Eller/Rust/EK or... you get the idea. Stupid is stupid.

Reactions: Andy99

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
As a fan of the Canucks , and someone from Sault Ste Marie . Really rooting for the Pens to do well because I’m a huge Kyle Dubas supporter and I’ve met the guy he’s a real class act and family man
He's garbage, a complete phoney.

Reactions: Pens x

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
People, find something you believe in, even it’s completely contrary to reality, the way Sullivan believes Jeff Carter is actually a good defensive player…it’s really heart warming…

Reactions: metalan2

Victor Z

Trade me right f**king now!
Sponsor
Apr 10, 2018
The Burgh
:laugh: You saw that too! I reacted during the game...anyways, that has always been Geno's thing, POJ should not be losing confidence like that...

Malkin's reaction notwithstanding, it's not about failing to connect on one particular pass. It's about POJ being a complete deer in the headlights in his own zone all the time.

It's hilarious that the closest thing the Penguins have to an actual "defensive" pairing at this point is Shea and St. Ivany. Actually it would be some combination of Petts, Letang and St. Ivany, but we don't use any such combination.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
If we make the playoffs, we can hang with most anyone at 5-on-5.

It's special teams where we are atrocious. And if iron sharpens iron, what would we call out PP and PK practicing against each other? Noodles soften other noodles?

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm not holding the dipshit media and dumbass coaching against the players.

I don't think it's that, though. I think it's just the collection of everything that is the "Pittsburgh Penguins" just yields an unenjoyable and unlikeable team.

A big part of it is probably expectations with the team, so I don't think that can be discounted. But there is very little about this team that is actually enjoyable, and seeing their idiot media say more stupid stuff just reiterates it.

The best way I can put it: this team (meaning everything combined) thinks it's way better than it actually is, and it makes them really unlikeable as a team. If this team was actually realistic with what it is at this point, I don't think it would be as frustrating to follow them as it is.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Show me one other team in the league that continuously hampers themselves in OT on purpose by starting 3rd line players. Not even the Blue Jackets do that shit. Sullivan tries to be the smartest guy in the arena, even if it costs the team valuable points. Can't wait until he is gone.
Colorado fan coming in peace. I agree, I was shocked when Crosby and malkin were on the bench. What kind of bonehead move was that?

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
Per Sullivan, via Matt Vensel and Pierre LeBrun, Sid also had a skate issue.

Sounds like bullshit to me. I went back and checked and Sid is sitting right in front of Sullivan at the start of OT, not getting his skate worked on:
wt04L3V.png

They also had puck possession 15 seconds into OT where he could have got on the ice if an equipment issue really kept him off.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The "Crosby has a skate issue" thing is kind of stupid when you consider they could have called a timeout to get him out there.

That's because it's probably a giant load of shit since the coach knows he done f***ed up but would rather admit to taking a bubble bath with his granny than making a coaching miscue.

Quick... where is an innocent media bystander to bark at?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad