Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
He would be a distraction, and when he hits stage 4 the Pens would be without a star player and whatever they put out to land him leaving a big hole they can't fill.
The Pens are already short a star player, and nobody we could realistically add with our resources would have close to his impact, let alone cap hit.

Nichushkin played for the Avs, who managed to do quite well with him. Meanwhile the distraction-free Pens can't even make the playoffs.

If the Avs are done with him and contract termination is out, he might be able to be acquired for nothing.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Nichushkin was a bargain bin reclamation project for Colorado anyway.. Maybe we should just do a little digging and find the next Nichushkin (minus the off-ice problems).
Those ideas aren't mutually exclusive, but one is exponentially more likely to result in adding an impact player during the core's time here.

We should be doing both.

Last edited:

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
I can’t believing people want a 6 million dollar cap penalty. That’s what Nichushkin is.

He is suspended for 6 months. He is more likely on his way out of the league than a rebound.

Easy pass

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
He’d be playing 4th line minutes with eller to earn Sullivans respect

The minute he actually went TO the net or tried to set a screen he'd be taken aside.

"Look buddy... we aren't trying to show anyone up, here. Just stand off to the SIDE of the net and wave your stick around."

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Plus he'd just go back to being a like 9 goal, 30 point player here, anyway.

This team is where creativity goes to wither up and die.
It's a constant double whammy with this team.

1. Bad pro scouting with no understanding what the player is

2. Sullivan disregarding the players strengths and trying to switch their entire game

It's been especially egregious with defensemen for whatever reason

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I can’t believing people want a 6 million dollar cap penalty. That’s what Nichushkin is.

He is suspended for 6 months. He is more likely on his way out of the league than a rebound.

Easy pass
I mean, the idea behind it isn't bad-- high risk, high reward reclamation project. I just wouldn't do that one for obvious reasons.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It's a constant double whammy with this team.

1. Bad pro scouting with no understanding what the player is

2. Sullivan disregarding the players strengths and trying to switch their entire game

It's been especially egregious with defensemen for whatever reason

You'd think with all this incompetence and crossed wires they'd actually bumble their way into a situation or two that somehow works in spite of their best attempts to hamfist it. But nooooooooooooo

Maybe Reirden being gone will help re: the defensemen. That's what I tell myself while smiling a cracked smile, at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad